Tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*k_i_t_e_86*

War Child
Hello everyone

I missed the Elevation tour :sad: so i've a question for those who were there. Where the tickets for inside the 'heart' more expensive than the others? Or maybe these tickets were the same as other people had but you could have got to 'heart' if you were quick and lucky?

On the Slane dvd it looks like there were really few people inside...

Im asking in case they do something similar this tour also;)

You needed a General Admission ticket ($45.00 in the US, lowest ticket price) to get in the heart, you also needed to be one of the first 300 GA ticket holders to get inside, so basically it required waiting in line the day of the show.

I sort of asked this someone else, but what if you weren't in the first 300? I mean, I guess you could count when you get there, and if you aren't in the top 300, you'd just leave b/c it would be pointless? Or not....are you completely out of luck then; I mean, you paid $45 so you should get to get in and go somewhere...

Can anyone clarify this?

For the Elevation show they had two entrances to the heart on the floor, and at each entrance there was someone counting. Once they reached 300 they stopped letting people in.

You do not have to be the first 300 because many people chose to be on the outside edge and not enter the heart.

Heart.jpg

oh, so it's really unlimited, but just a certain amount to be in the "best" place.....so about how many GA tickets do they sell?

How many GA tickets would depend on whether or not they're going to be doing GA as well as the stage set up and size of the arena. Wasn't it about 1500 on average for Elevation?
My first GA line wasn't too bad 'cause it was only the second show of the tour and people didn't have a clue yet about getting there early. By the Las Vegas show there were people who had been there for 2 days. I wasn't gonna waste what little time I had in Vegas sitting in a line so I got there in the afternoon the day of the show. I found it didn't really matter what time I got there 'cause I still had good enough spots to touch Bono's pants :D

Well, GAs are not unlimited, there was indeed a limited number of them and they were the first to 'disappear' (I think NY GAs sold out in like 3 minutes, so I would refresh and refresh as soon as the sale opened).

Heart and outside the heart tickets were all the same price... as long as you were on the floor level, they were all GAs (general admission).

Has anyone been to this site yet but I think it has some interesting tid bits:
http://www.signaturesnetwork.com/frame.php
Under the ticketing tab it says:
We have created unique ticket packages for KISS, Mana, Tim McGraw and Sammy Hagar that go beyond the traditional fanclub ticket purchase. We bundle in exclusive merchandise, online coupons, and even meet and greets. We build the concert experience that your fans desire!

Tickets sold in your online store.

Sell as many or as few as you wish.

Save your fans all the ticket service fees.

Deliver a online store coupon with sale.

Completely automated; from setup to sale.

So, I guess the fanclub sales won't be through ticketmaster and it looks like there'll probably be packages, as some fans have stated before....

What do you think my chances are for getting tickets without the membership? I'm planning on getting the best seats possible but I'm saving money for the seats so I want to save those 40 to go to the tickets but it would definitely suck if i don't even manage to get tickets.

I don't think anybody can tell you anything with certainty but clearly without the membership, your chances aren't as good.

If you are the first person through on the day of public sale, you will do well. If you are in smaller market, your chances of this are better. However, if you are the 500th person through, not so good. In a big market, the differnece between #1 and #500 could be seconds.

With the membership, you get a chance at the presale, so in essence you have 2 chances.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sell a membership - just answer the question

prisz25 said:
What do you think my chances are for getting tickets without the membership? I'm planning on getting the best seats possible but I'm saving money for the seats so I want to save those 40 to go to the tickets but it would definitely suck if i don't even manage to get tickets.

Thanks a lot for your answers!
Now, i already have a clever plan how to get the tickets;)
But, for heaven's sake, they'd better announce the dates before i go totally crazy! :crazy: :lol:
It would be good to finally know the dates and prizes and everything....
This uncertainty is definitely not healthy;)

Thanks anyway for making me aware of the ticket-matter:up:

the presale for the shows better just be for tickets. I paid $40 to get an advantage in ticketing, not to get stupid extras costing me even more money.

prisz25 said:

You can always go through a ticket broker too. When David Bowie came to Pittsburgh during the last tour I had NO money when tickets went on sale. I saved $20 here and there from paychecks & about a month before the actual concert I got an AWESOME seat through a ticket broker for $140, more expensive than buying it the day of sale, but I got to pick and choose my seat--a good seat (which couldn't have been guaranteed had I bought them the day of the sale).

Back
Top Bottom