ticketmaster (why do they leave up sold out shows?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I noticed that ticketmaster randomily takes U2 shows off the site and then back on. some shows are always there.. it seems that most are on there now if not all.

Why do they leave them up and have find tickets if there are no tickets?

It drives me nuts because it leaves hope where there is none.

If they are sold out take it off the site or change find tickets to no tickets.

Yeah some shows do seem to come and go at random don't they. :huh: I can tell you for a fact they do release tickets periodically though, I've been playing the "let's try to pull up tickets for shows I can't afford to fly to :happy: " game for about 2 weeks now and they're popping up.

I guess that's the only reason. :shrug:

I play that game too... i'm playing it with chicago, msg 5/21, phil, toronto, hartford.. any luck finding tickets for these shows.

It would be nice if it would be run like tickets.com where they only show availability if theres actual tickets available for purchase instead of the cat and mouse game.

Times of Day?

Any of you folks who have gotten "released" tickets from TM, can you tell me a general time of day you got them? I'm just trying to figure if a certain time of day is more likely for a release.

Trying for Chi on the 7th.

Thanks!

There is no pattern to ticket releases.
They tend to be more frequent within the last 2 weeks before a show, but as for time of day, it can happen anytime. When Springsteen played Fenway park, all the releases happened late at night, after midnight, and I think there was intention to that, but its fairly random.
And its also possible you might see zero releases for certain shows (my moneys on MSG 5/21 and Bos 5/28 to fall into that category).

I've tried all different times, but hadn't thought after midnight. Might try that a few times. Thanks for the info!

I know, I am really sick of doing the whole thing, over and over, with the secret word trying to figure out what it says, typing it in, and then there's that stupid "there are no tickets available." Save us all the time, trouble, and frustration and say that on the first screen. No, they couldn't possibly do that.

And yes, there is no pattern, which is most likely on purpose, to when you might see tickets. One tour I went to, they had been putting up the best tickets within 1-2 wks before the show at 9-10 am, no set day of the week, but then for the Pond where I wanted to go, they put up the best seats at 9 pm on a Sat. night when the artist was performing at Staples, so most of us wanted to go to the Pond were at Staples.

I won't give up hope, and I'll keep typing it in, until they cut off TM, which they do for most concerts about 2-3 pm day of the show, then it's box office only.

At one show I went to in NC, the mgr of the arena let us in and took us on a tour of the stage setup and how they do it and such, and he said one reason there are tickets on sale the day of show, besides all the other reasons we all know already, is that they often find there are places to put more seats once the stage is set up, and then they sell them. I would expect maybe more GA's as well after U2's stage is set up at each venue. Each arena has a different amount of space of course, and sometimes the stage takes up more, or less space.

Last edited:
bonoed said:
I know, I am really sick of doing the whole thing, over and over, with the secret word trying to figure out what it says, typing it in, and then there's that stupid "there are no tickets available." Save us all the time, trouble, and frustration and say that on the first screen. No, they couldn't possibly do that.

Thank you! I am SO sick of that whole process. :censored: :madspit: I don't know if it's my monitor or what but half the time I can't READ the secret word anyway and I have to try 2 or 3 times. :rant:

I haven't noticed a pattern of when tickets are up myself. :) I've noticed some become available early morning my time, while I got tickets for one Atlanta date that just showed up late that afternoon.

I have gotten "Olive" as my word twice and that's my dog's name so I got all excited. Like that was some sign from God or something. I think I have been at this too long!!! But I'm not giving up, it's a quest now!

I hate those words! I can't read half of them either (due to certain backrounds) and I swear some of them aren't words at all.

And I swear if you put them together they spell some secret sentence that tells you to go F yourself.

So if you try five times for tickets it maight say--

"never ever try again asshole"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom