Ticketmaster has a Portland date listed in December!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what?! I see it too.......but Dec. they're supposed to be in Australia....:shrug: :banghead:

oh, you're right. it is there. weird that the 3rd leg only consists of one show. who's doing their planning lately?

still there

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Sat, 03/12/05 10:00 AM

U2//VERTIGO//2005 TOUR
ROSE GARDEN, PORTLAND OR
NO CAMERAS/RECORDERS
MON DEC 19, 2005 7:30PM

*pats her poor credit card*

It will be okay babe. Wel'll make it through, just don't melt on me...

you'd think that they would have announced it already though, considering the presale would be tuesday.

*in serious need of a credit card*
So seriously do you guys think they will come back to the Bay Area and if they do, go on sale so soon too? Or maybe just cities that werent originally scheduled for 1st leg?
:huh:

ticketmaster has been known to make "mistakes" ala the march 1st date listing for Miami earlier this year...but who knows...does seem odd that u2.com has not mentioned even a possibility of a third leg announcement.

Seeking Adam said:
Why is this happening to me. I guess they are not coming to my city on this tour. :sad: :(

:huh: :huh:

How do you know?

*passes out the chill pills*

Shall we start repeating the mantra of "wait until U2.com makes it official"?

Maybe they'll announce the dates last minute so fewer scalpers find out. This way only the fans that are really interested in seeing them will get to buy the tickets.

I didn't expect a Portland date after 2 shows in Seatte and Vancouver. However, it will still sell out. U2 are probably doing this for a few different reasons, putting them on sale in march.

1. To strike while the demand to is hot. They are the only real tour right now to get excited about.

2. To sell the concerts out now, before the Springsteen, Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney tours for this fall go on sale. That way, U2 will not have to compete with these tours when they go on sale.

3. To give smaller markets like Raleigh, St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbus, Indianapolis, etc more time to sell out. (GOD I HOPE THEY PLAY CBUS AND INDY!)

brejc said:
Maybe they'll announce the dates last minute so fewer scalpers find out. This way only the fans that are really interested in seeing them will get to buy the tickets.

They could announce the dates 2 seconds before onsale, and scalpers will still be in there.

*mopping brow*
after today's craziness over GA speculation I feel like my head is going to blow up--and now the drama of the 3rd leg when my poor credit card is all wilted...:crazy:

I fucking hate buying tickets. Its the most stressful pain in the ass I've ever encountered. Even colonics feel better.

On atu2.com they have a good point: maybe the reason why no pre-sale date is listed is because Ticketmaster we'll have nothing to do with it... Now that would be GREAT!

Actually, if they will do this thing in order like Larry has claimed, they couldn't do it via a Ticketmaster pre-sale. The only way to do it in order would be for people to fill-out a form online, like we did with Prop. However, that might mean we wouldn't know whether we got tickets or not before the general sale.

TM did the same thing with the original Miami date. It was on there in like December and nothing along the likes of onsale was there. If there is an announcement Monday, the addition of presale info could be added immediately. The 3rd leg will likely have a lot more shows than the 1st so the onsale/presales are probably staggered just like the 1st leg.

I believe the venues report to TM when they have a show lined up and its up to each individual venue to post ticketing info.

Wow - this is all happening much quicker than I expected!
Maybe those Prop members who didn't get tickets last time will be the first to hear about the tour dates and sales date (not just have access but actually hear about it first).
Might go some way in redeeming the earlier fiasco.

Well, I'm not a computer pro, but can anyone here explain me *how* it would work out if there is in fact an order (Prop first, then by order of joining U2.com)?

If there is a pre-sale where everyone buys tickets at the same time, how are we supposed to 'virtually' line-up?

The only way I can see this working is by filling-up an order form, then they proceed all the orders and send the tickets. Like they did during Prop.

I'm not saying that for sure Tickemaster won't be involved, but I'm wondering how it would work out.

Really no clue, I seriously think though that the only thing that will be different this time around will be the allocation of tickets for each venue will be greater per venue.

I dont think Prop members going "to the front of the line" is going to come to fruitition personally.

It might not, you're right. Although not only did Larry clearly state that in his letter, but U2.com has said so many times since then. Yes, I know, we shouldn't trust them, but they must have thought about this before announcing that's how they would do things.

In any case, the allotment of tickets was the biggest problem last time IMO, so if they fix that it will already be a good improvement.

That being said, I am SO not ready to go through another ticket sale so soon...

I fucking hate ticket sales....

I was hoping 3rd leg wouldnt be until May or June at best, but this time next week headaches will be abound in this forum, because someone will get screwed.

Ok, so who that signs into u2.com still sees their presale code on their profile and in the red square after you sign in.

They definately seem to be doing something with the codes because I can still see my code from my Propaganda membership, but don't see it in the red box nor profile on my other membership.

Back
Top Bottom