Ticket Prices For The UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought I was mistaken when I calculated 50 USD and 55 pounds into our currency...why do Americans have such low ticket prices? I know 50 dollars are only the lowest prices but still, that is a huge difference.

I thought about 50 EUR would be the lowest ticket price this time, like Amsterdam Arena has...

At least on Friday the extra gigs should be on sale. But if there are going to be extra gigs, why not put them on sale just now to alleviate the obvious stress on the system? With the success of the album its pretty obvious they're going to sell out so why not announce them now???

ascender_RS said:

Two seating tickets, at, wait for it, £85 each.

Unbelievable.

so presumably then, £10 charge per ticket for reserved and £7 for GA. That is nothing short of outrageous.

agreed

ticket prices are far too high for a stadium show. I just bought 4 standing tickets for Twickenham and it cost about £100 more than all 5 of the Duran shows I saw in the Uk last year put together!

U2 should be ashamed of themselves, there is no reason at all to charge these sort of prices for a concert. It's not like they need the money is it? They've managed to piss off alot of people with this, especially when you compare ticket prices in the USA and at some places in Europe

And of course you have the ticketbastard fleecing on top of that as well. My brother thought he misheard me when i told him how much it cost

We're now reviewing what other shows we can afford to go to, I'd love to see them in Dublin but am not putting myself through this nightmare again

I just bought 4 standing tickets for Twickenham and it cost me £247, plus £20-odd to subscribe to U2.COM. No wonder they didn't list the ticket prices for the european shows or they would have been getting irate emails from people since yesterday.

Do you ever feel like you've been manipulated? You're told you can get pre-sale tickets and you don't really want to pay the subscription fee, but they only announce one show for your area so you pay your money rather that run the risk of losing out, discover you're being charged more than double than the US fans, and within a week or two they'll almost certainly announce extra dates in your area.

I paid £23.50 to see Zooropa, £27.50 to see POP, Elevation was priced at around £40 which was a bit of a jump but this is just taking the piss. It also makes my blood boil when I remember that you don't pay tax in Ireland for income from artistic endeavors :mad:

I know that on Zoo TV the margins were really tight and as a result things like merchandising made a huge difference to profitability (or so we were told). But this is looking like being a standard stadium production playing to huge numbers every night. So, why the high ticket cost???

For the prices being paid, you'd have to hope for something spectacular, wouldnt you?

A firework display every night and free Bucks Fizz on entering the venue, I'm thinking...

fluffy123 said:
For the prices being paid, you'd have to hope for something spectacular, wouldnt you?

free Bucks Fizz on entering the venue, I'm thinking...

maybe thats why Glasgow show says it starts at 5.30

Tizer said:
I must say, even though I'm not involved in this pre-sale crap, that £55 for a standing ticket at Manchester might just make me miss out this time. That is just ferocious pricing.

Is that £55 before booking fee?

These prices are ridiculous. I wouldn't be moaning if they were all fair worldwide, but why the hell are UK prices so much higher?? It is clear why they didnt announce UK prices before they went on sale now :(

UK ticket prices - rip-off Britain, rip-off U2. It is a joke. GA prices twice as much as in the USA in horrible venues 3 times the size. It is a disgrace and they should be ashamed to do it. I have tickets and the shows will be great, but the cost of it has totally soured the pleasure in getting them. I think we should all e-mail our displeasure to anybody who will listen.

Back
Top Bottom