ticket limits...can we get presale AND gen. sale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamador79

The Fly
after sifting through the lengthy but oh so interesting comments/questions threads about the presales today...i still have a question that i have not yet found the answer to.

if i am lucky enough to get 2 GA's through tomorrow's presale, will i be able to buy any more GA's (if im lucky once again) on Saturday, using the same credit card?

Ticketmaster says that there is a 2 GA limit, but does that mean per purchase or per household? For elevation, i had two pairs of GAs, and they cancelled one of my orders because I bought a pair from here (austin) and my dad bought a pair in Dallas...the problem was, was that our credit cards had the same billing address.

Should I risk buying two sets of GA on the same card? Or should I use two diff. cards with two diff. billing address?

Any info is greatly appreciated! Love hearing success stories, hopefully we can remain optimistic for tomorrow!

THanks

There is a ticket limit per show. Meaning you're only alloted 8 tickets total, only 2 of them are allowed to be GA's. So you can buy tickets to as many shows as you want but for each invidual show you can't get more than 2 GA's or 6 seats/ or 8 seats and 0 GA's.

Last edited:
Was it for the same show during Elevation? If yes, that's normal and the same thing will happen this time again if you use the same cc and billing address to buy more than 2 GAs for the same show.

It does not matter whether it's pre-sale or general sale, you cannot buy more than 2 GAs for one show with the same cc and billing address, period. If you want to do that I suggest you borrow someone else's credit card.

starsgoblue said:
There is a ticket limit per show. Meaning you're only alloted 8 tickets total, only 2 of them are allowed to be GA's. So you buy tickets to as many shows as you want but for each invidual show you can't get more than 2 GA's or 6 seats/ or 8 seats and 0 GA's.

Whoa Nelly!!! Are you telling me that since I bought two sets of GA tickets in the Prop presale today (2 GA Philly and 2 GA Houston) that Ticketmaster may cancel one of those GA orders???!! I didn't read that in any of the presale literature. Are you serious??!

no, the limit is per show

you can buy 2 GA's to as many shows as you want, but not more than 2 for each show

so you are alright

Jamador79 said:

Ticketmaster says that there is a 2 GA limit, but does that mean per purchase or per household? For elevation, i had two pairs of GAs, and they cancelled one of my orders because I bought a pair from here (austin) and my dad bought a pair in Dallas...the problem was, was that our credit cards had the same billing address.

THanks

Actually, starsgoblue, I misquoted you. I meant to quote the above from Jamador79's original post that started this thread. Thanks.

Your sanity remains intact. (And so do my 4 GA tickets thankfully...I hope.) Now I'm just waiting for my confirming e-mail from Ticketmaster for the Philly tickets. (I chose the "e-mail my tickets- - Ticketfast" option. They are supposed to be e-mailed to me within 24 hours of purchase.) I wish I were more confident in Ticketmaster's reliability.

The confirmation may be different this time around because of the supposed announcement that all tickets were going to be held for a period while member status was checked. I don't know for sure if that is the reason why you haven't gotten confirmation yet because I'm participating in the presale next week but that may be the reason why.

Jamador79 said:
if i am lucky enough to get 2 GA's through tomorrow's presale, will i be able to buy any more GA's (if im lucky once again) on Saturday, using the same credit card?

I emailed Ticketbastard about this very thing. They said that the presale tickets are seperate from the main sales. So, in theory, if you were a Propaganda member, a U2.com fanclub member could buy up to 12 tickets in North America for the Vertigo tour off a single credit card. That comes out to 4 during the presales and 8 during the public sales.

YOU CAN BUY MORE THAN 2!!!

I bought 1 GA to the NJ 5/18 during the pre-sale and 2 GA's for the same show during the general sale for a total of 3. YOU CAN BUY MORE THAN 2 GA AS LONG AS YOU DO IT WITH THE PRESALE AND GENERAL SALE. I have both tickets in hand AND I called ticketmaster to verify and they told me the pre-sale and general sale are different "events" in their system and there is no conflict.

hmm, sounds like i'm better off using two credit cards

however, i could try and be sneaky and get two sets with the two cards, THEN perhaps re-try for more with the credit card used for the presale, so as to try and fulfill all of my friends' requests for tickets...that way, if i get 4 and try for 2 more, if those get cancelled it's not a huge deal or anything

my friends were all too lazy to go with me (all but one loyal GAer) to elevation, and they regretted missing out on the AMAZING shows after i showed them the boston dvd and my pictures from the austin/dallas shows...now i have given them plenty of warning about tickets and what they will miss if they CHOOSE to skip out on U2 once again (a HUGE mistake)

heres a few of my pics if you wanna see what whet their appetites :)

webspace.utexas.edu/jma1825/www/bonoguitar2.JPG
webspace.utexas.edu/jma1825/www/edgecolors2.JPG
webspace.utexas.edu/jma1825/www/bonoadam2.JPG

They are indeed treated as seperate events. You can buy up to your limit in the presales and then you start anew on the general sales.

I had a bit of a screw up with a billing address during a presale today and a supervisor from TM assured me (for what it's worth) I didn't need to change the credit card info even if I bought tickets to the same show during the presale and the general sale. I was able to buy two tickets during the presale and I will be able to buy again during the general sale, same as everyone else.

Question for you wonderfully knowledgeable people,

I have read several times now about orders being cancelled because of the same credit card BILLING ADDRESS.

My roomate has his own U2.com account and his own credit card. He is planning on buying in the presale this week.

As we are roommates, we obviously have the same billing address. When he buys his tickets, are my tickets that I bought today, in danger of being cancelled because of the same billing address?

I didn't get GA's today, by the way. So he is allowed 2 tickets as a member who did not use their code on the 1st Leg. Could he buy tickets to the same show I did today?

And I guess it's been given on good authority that I could purchase tickets for the general onsale with Ticketmaster and it would be valid as long as I only bought 4, or whatever the limit is?

Any advice you all could give would be appreciated.

And I guess Ticketmaster would be the authority on these rules, not U2.com, correct?

I am kind of in the same situation. I am a Prop member and I bought my tickets today (one pair) my husband is not a Prop member but has an unused code. Will our ticket orders get cancelled if we buy two tickets to different shows...different credit card...but same billing address? Any info would be helpful.

u2valleygirl said:
I am kind of in the same situation. I am a Prop member and I bought my tickets today (one pair) my husband is not a Prop member but has an unused code. Will our ticket orders get cancelled if we buy two tickets to different shows...different credit card...but same billing address? Any info would be helpful.

No info yet but just wanted to say have fun at Staples, if that's where you're headed....you and I are neighbors, if you're location is accurate!

Back
Top Bottom