Ticket drops before show day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndrewRnR

The Fly
I read the FAQ and such, but got a question about ticket drops. I go to many, many concerts each year and I always wait to a few days before hand and then pick up some great seats via Ticketmaster. I read all about ticket drops on the show day, but what about a few days before the show via Ticketmaster?

I'm a car-less college student who has to rely on public transportation and walking to get to the arena and it would be quite a bad experience getting down there and not getting tickets.

I have the same predicament. I've been checking ticketmaster for the past 2 weeks or so, praying that a pair of tickets for Cleveland might pop up. I even called ticketmaster and was told that tickets could possibly be released maybe a week before the event to the day of.

I've heard of many people getting tix on the same day, however Cleveland is a 4-hour drive for me and I would have to rent a car to get there. Waiting until the last minute is not an option. Buying on eBay is too risky, especially this close to the show.

It's so frustrating! If they have available tickets they should put them out already. :tsk:

Well since I'm looking for Cleveland tickets if I come across any(I just need a single ticket) I'll drop you a private message and give you the heads up.

Its not that they have tickets it just that usually a week before the promoter calls and says they don't need as many free tickets, or the stage is smaller than expected.

Last edited:
AndrewRnR said:
Its not that they have tickets it just that usually a week before the promoter calls and says they don't need as many free tickets, or the stage is smaller than expected.

Er, and they usually don't have a lot of information UNTIL the day of the show - so whatever becomes available, or promoters don't use, or are not paid for by a certain time becomes available to the public again - pretty much right before ths how -

if you try this, expect to have no fingernails left on either hand by the time it gets anywhere near show time - I've done it twice and they kept it suspenseful and mysterious until the last minute -

but lucked out with tickets both times.

:)

Thanks for the info... what I'll probably do(since it takes me about 45 mins to get to the arena) is check on Ticketmaster all day, then around 4pm head towards the arena... is that a smart plan? Sorry I'm new to all of this!

I read in other posts about people lining up in the early morning for ticket drops... but heard other people getting tickets later in the day, so I assume they kinda do "two drops"?

Thanks in advance for help..!

check ebay the day before the show. sometimes the really large tickets brokers will unload some tickets for cheap by way of the print at home tickets. you can know by their feedback if its worth the risk. i boought a GA ticket for NJ the day before the show for $100.00, and got beeped into the ellipse. hope this helps.

AndrewRnR said:
Thanks for the info... what I'll probably do(since it takes me about 45 mins to get to the arena) is check on Ticketmaster all day, then around 4pm head towards the arena... is that a smart plan? Sorry I'm new to all of this!...I read in other posts about people lining up in the early morning for ticket drops... but heard other people getting tickets later in the day, so I assume they kinda do "two drops"?...

I'm really not sure of a few things.

Some tickets that come available MAY only be available at the Civic Center box office only.

With my experience, tickets came available in "pockets of tickets" and not necessarily all at once.

But BOTH times I got tickets (Elevation tour Meadowlands, Elevation tour MSG) I waited on line since early AM, was one of the first few people in line, and did not get tickets until VERY late in the day - practically show time.

But the Meadowlands ticket drop line was not organized like the MSG drop line - security at MSG allowed us to wait on line for tickets that were not yet available - the Meadowlands cracked down on it and did not - so that was basically a fanatic frenzy atmosphere when they opened the doors - THANK GOD they allowed me in to the first entrance without a ticket in hand.

BOTH situations had their advantages - at MSG there was a long line with lots of people in it, and I was forced to buy what was available at the time (no GA's) or go wwaayy back to the end of the line.

At the Meadowlands I was able to try to keep my cool, not piss off the people in the box office, and check back until they finally had the GA's that I desired!

I read here somewhere that Hartford is not going to allow a line to form for tickets that are not available - and you'll just have to keep checking??? But that was from one source and I don't know the facts.

Last edited:
So there is a line you have to wait in all day to try to get tickets from ticket drops? A few posts in other threads made it sound like they just walked up and got tickets.

Is the line to get tickets different than the GA line? I just can't believe there is so many people trying to get tickets that there will be a line...!

AndrewRnR said:
So there is a line you have to wait in all day to try to get tickets from ticket drops? A few posts in other threads made it sound like they just walked up and got tickets.

Is the line to get tickets different than the GA line? I just can't believe there is so many people trying to get tickets that there will be a line...!

Perhaps the situation was like at the Meadowlands in which they did not allow a line to form for tickets and people randomly came up and lucked out and got tickets -

Otherwise yes, there has been 2 separate lines - one for people with GA's in hand - and another altogether different one for people still trying to get tickets that MAY come available.

What time should I show up to try and get tickets?

Damn hopefully I'll just get my single ticket off Ticketmobster this week.

I know double post.... but they must do ticket drops online, as I just pulled up(11:30am) a single front row balcony seat for tonight's show.

Since I can't edit my message now(got to wait 60 mins).... there was a ticket drop for Cleveland today... some nice expensive seats are available.

AndrewRnR said:
Since I can't edit my message now(got to wait 60 mins).... there was a ticket drop for Cleveland today... some nice expensive seats are available.

On TM? I called TM this morning, got the usual "no tickets available" from the operator, and I've checked online about five times today as well.

Perhaps this show isn't in the cards for me... I guess I'll have to relive the Pitt show in my head. Or watch Live from Chicago again.

If only I lived closer and had a reliable car this wouldn't be an issue! I'd be outside the arena in the early hours with the rest of you guys. I was even planning to miss my own college graduation to attend the show. ::fingers crossed:: A miracle could still happen, I suppose.

Yep on TM. They were up for about 3 mins top... 3rd row in balacony came up($95 bucks)... too much for me... I'm a poor college student who can only afford the 50 buck tickets. Therefore I'm trying to firgure out if I should buy via eBay(some pretty nice deals) or hope TM releases some GA or there will be some at the venue.

I never been to an U2 show so I'm crossing my fingers BIG TIME!!

Last edited:
Some $160 Cleveland tickets were just available... two sections from stage, a few rows up... really nice, just waayy to much for me. Hopefuly someone here can grab them!

Err I hate the no editing post within an hour thing.... anyways after a nice big ticket drop for Cleveland show... what I could tell it was in two different sections, Ticketmaster has announced the show as sold out and won't let anyone even search for tickets anymore!

Okay, my post didn't go through because I wasn't allowed to post a website address. Whatever.

Vividseats had some pretty good deals on single seats. I need two though. I probably should have snagged the two first row uppers for $140 each, but I was hoping to get a little closer.

I can search TM, but I still haven't had any luck getting any tickets to pop up for me. I guess I'm waiting for the Heavens to open up and grant me two GAs for $50 each. Yeah right.

has the ticketmaster page for hartford even changed to allow trying for tickets?

iv checked for the last month and its still nada.

Yeah now I can search TM too... they must have had a issue for a little bit or something.

Hey I'm waiting on the GAs too because thats all this poor college kid can afford!

i see now,
you are able to look for hartford tix for tonighton ticketmaster diddy com com,
but nada coming up

anybody catch something?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom