Ticket Choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I need help making a choice. This is for the first Auburn Hills concert, Oct. 24. I have in my posession a GA ticket, but I'm getting a ride w/ Laura and her family and we all have school/work so I won't get there until whenever people w/ seats usually get there. They all have seats so I was going to hang out by the soundboard and maybe get lucky and get put into the ellipse. Now I have a chance to complete a complicated 4-way trade that would involve me ending up with a single seated ticket in section 114, row EE. I also have a GA for the second night and will be getting right in line after the first concert, so I will have a chance to get one last good GA spot.

Concert seating chart:
http://www.palacenet.com/content.cfm?category=1&pageid=464

So, GA, or pretty good seat?

Wow, that's a pretty sweet seat. That's pretty much where I was sitting for Boston II and I had a great view of everything.

Tough choice though since you're passing up a chance at the ellipse.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I need help making a choice. This is for the first Auburn Hills concert, Oct. 24. I have in my posession a GA ticket, but I'm getting a ride w/ Laura and her family and we all have school/work so I won't get there until whenever people w/ seats usually get there. They all have seats so I was going to hang out by the soundboard and maybe get lucky and get put into the ellipse. Now I have a chance to complete a complicated 4-way trade that would involve me ending up with a single seated ticket in section 114, row EE. I also have a GA for the second night and will be getting right in line after the first concert, so I will have a chance to get one last good GA spot.

Concert seating chart:
http://www.palacenet.com/content.cfm?category=1&pageid=464

So, GA, or pretty good seat?
I'm actually in pretty much the same position for October 25th, if I decide to go. I'd have to turn up before the show and hope for a wristband.

I had a bad experience with an amazing seat in Phoenix (the only time I've had a seat on this tour), where everyone around me were corporate types who had been given tickets, knew none of the music, and only stood up for Vertigo and Sunday, Bloody Sunday. They all made out with their girlfriends during Running to Stand Still and One. :rolleyes:

I would always rather be on the floor, and I've had some luck getting wristbands at the soundboard. Would you be utterly devastated if you had to stay by the soundboard for the whole show or would you be okay with that? I suppose that is the index I'd use to figure out which I'd rather do...

Re: Re: Ticket Choice

ruffian said:
I would always rather be on the floor, and I've had some luck getting wristbands at the soundboard. Would you be utterly devastated if you had to stay by the soundboard for the whole show or would you be okay with that? I suppose that is the index I'd use to figure out which I'd rather do...

Yeah....I've never been back there though so I don't know how much I'd enjoy it. I'm not really as into the whole technical aspect of the show as I am into seeing Bono up close, if you get my drift. I mean, the lights are cool, but I don't feel I've missed out thus far having only been right up against the railing. But I want to get in the frickin ellipse already, dammit!

well, i'm relatively short (barely 5'6) and from the soundboard you really can't see crap...and it is a rude awakening when you are used to being on the rail. but i think you'd have a good shot at getting a wristband...it's harder at shows where there are tons of VIPs filling up the ellipse. Detroit should be ok.

Do I have a better shot at getting a wristband b/c I'll be alone? Or would they be less likely to give one to me instead of a group of 4 or 5 people hanging out?

if the GA ticket is going to someone else who will fully enjoy it and all, i'd just take the seat...and you know how tall i am. i mean, there is a chance you'll get in the ellipse, but that's a good seat...and why not do a good dead, karma wise. maybe you'll get in the ellipse the next night. plus, you can probably get outside faster so we'll all be at about the same spot in line for the 25th.

Well, the good deed also means I have to buy another ticket. We'll see...two have agreed to the trade but I'm waiting on one person...

Small world. I'm the one with the ticket in section 114, row EE. I was in GA in Chicago May 9 and 10, neither time getting into the ellipse. If this deal goes through, you'll be sitting next to a long time U2 fan at his first concert who is so excited. He won't be sitting.:wink:

Last edited:
jrfriday said:
Small world. I'm the one with the ticket in section 114, row EE. I was in GA in Chicago May 9 and 10, neither time getting into the ellipse. If this deal goes through, you'll be sitting next to a long time U2 fan at his first concert who is so excited. He won't be sitting.:wink:

Actually, that makes me feel a lot better since I'll be alone. I'm still waiting on the other guy to get back to me though, b/c I need to trade my new GA with his in order to have the pair for you..... I guess if he says no, I'll still get the chance at the ellipse and you still have a really good seat.

Do I have a better shot at getting a wristband b/c I'll be alone? Or would they be less likely to give one to me instead of a group of 4 or 5 people hanging out?
you have to really look for the wristband giver-outers...they wear black and have radios. when you see them, chase them :wink:

I think it would better to have a seat the first night and GA the 2nd.

If reversed and by chance you got into the ellipse on night 1, you would be kicking yourself wondering if you would have gotten into night 2.

ruffian said:

you have to really look for the wristband giver-outers...they wear black and have radios. when you see them, chase them :wink:

Do they mind if you ask? Or will they say no b/c you're pestering and give the wristband to someone else who's having a good time, minding her own business?

Do they mind if you ask? Or will they say no b/c you're pestering and give the wristband to someone else who's having a good time, minding her own business?

no, they don't seem to mind at all. i just tapped the guy on the shoulder and said, "are you giving out wristbands?" and he said, sure...bring your friends over.

It worked well, though I know that it's a crap shoot. I've been by the soundboard twice--once didn't get a wristband and once I did (and the first time the people who got the wristbands didn't know the band or the music, didn't know what the wristbands were for, and milled around drinking beer for about the first thirty minutes of the show before they decided to go in :mad: ).

OK, I think I'm gonna go w/ the seat b/c I feel like jrfriday would REALLY love the GA tickets and then I can enjoy the show and relax a bit and also get in line faster. I'm still waiting on one person to come through for me though....

:D Still no word from the other guy about trading back the GA ticket. I hope he's not trying to avoid me b/c his answer is "no". If so, I think I still might be able to hook you up w/ a trade for GAs....

Back
Top Bottom