Ticket Brokers Outta Control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
I love the attempt at disguising the advertising for TotalTickets heavily.

This is spam, and it's not allowed according to the faq :down:

Yes, and then the next emails that were sent out were rude direct attacks on certain members, advertising of personal websites, and posting download links to officially released songs! :ohmy:

:wink:

Utoo said:

Yes, and then the next emails that were sent out were rude direct attacks on certain members, advertising of personal websites, and posting download links to officially released songs! :ohmy:

:drool:

gabrielvox said:

Maybe they could get ACE to put his banner up there instead, and he donate a buck from each cd he sells to Interference and a buck to charity.

:hmm:

hehe :wink:

along those lines, though, I'd rather have Interscope or some other record company up there than a ticket broker. Or some U2-related cause, like ONE, DATA, etc...though I doubt such a group would pay for advertising..:shrug: Hell, I'd rather have random ads selling Old Navy, "free" iPods, or some other crap.

gabrielvox said:
Its for people who want to make a huge event out of the concert, most of whom for which the night will be their only opportunity to see the band for the entire tour.

This is what I had to do to get GA and I don't regret it one bit. The tickets I was going to buy before I found ETS were $115 each for nosebleed seats and I got GA for $150 each, well worth it in my book. I, however, didn't go to the party, I could really care less about some food and prizes, I was in line and wasn't going to lose my spot for that.

onebloodonelife said:

This is what I had to do to get GA and I don't regret it one bit. The tickets I was going to buy before I found ETS were $115 each for nosebleed seats and I got GA for $150 each, well worth it in my book. I, however, didn't go to the party, I could really care less about some food and prizes, I was in line and wasn't going to lose my spot for that.

This kinda proves my point though b/c you didn't get ETS tickets b/c you wanted ETS, you got it b/c you had no other choice and no regular tickets were available. I've not met anyone yet on this tour that preferred to get ETS tickets instead of GAs from TicketMaster at face value.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I've not met anyone yet on this tour that preferred to get ETS tickets instead of GAs from TicketMaster at face value.

I'm willing to bet that you've met *maybe* 1% of the people that bought their tickets from ETS for this tour. Not a great sample to draw a conclusion from :shrug:

Shoulda come to the party when ya had a free pass, you would have met plenty of people having a great time....in fact most of them skipped the first set of shuttle buses - and for that matter the opening act - because there was a kick ass band playing :wink:

Anyways we can likely let the ETS topic rest - this thread is about the unscrupulous ticket brokers that are ripping U2 fans off, and ETS certainly isn't in that category.

Last edited:
Ellay said:
does anybody here pay any attention whatsoever to the total ticket banner?

Ive been here for years and not clicked on it once.

I never click on advertisements for sites I visit.

I'm cranky that way. :wink:

I bought two ETS packages today..........$200 a package.........for the Omaha show.....(thank you gabrielvox) and I could have gotten my new GA tickets from totaltickets at $360 a piece.

The people I talked to at ETS were very helpful and very friendly....
I pretty much fall into the category of "TicketMaster is too annoying, I'd rather spend more money through ETS". I'll be using them for all of my U2 tickets in the future.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i know... but baisicly if you're gonna bash ETS then you need to bash u2, 'cause u2 contracted them to do what they do.

Fine, right now I'm so bitter and sad right now, I'm not above bashing U2. I'm sure if you asked me about ETS months ago, I wouldn't have cared either way. But that's when I thought I could get tickets for this concert from TM. Now it's a week away, I have nothing, prices are only going up, and I've literally made myself sick over this. It's not just another concert for me - this was my chance to meet up with a good friend I haven't seen in almost a year, a chance that Phil could actually go along and maybe we'd even get engaged....but, whatever, if U2 wants to let other people buy up tickets and claim their little party and shuttle bus makes up for hundreds of dollars of value added, that's their business, but just b/c U2 says they can doesn't mean I like it. But don't even bother responding to this b/c I'm depressed right now and ETS is going to be my whipping boy.

And yes, in the grand scheme of things, TotalTickets is ten times worse and I think that banner ad is a disgrace to a true fan community, I've despised it's existance since the day it appeared. I was also VEEEEEERY peeved about that e-mail. To me that basically falls under the catagory of using the Interference member list to spam. Whoever thought of that idea can FOAD.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

this was my chance to meet up with a good friend I haven't seen in almost a year, a chance that Phil could actually go along and maybe we'd even get engaged....

Don't you think those are valuable enough reasons to spend a bit and make the event even more memorable? Haven't you seen all your other shows at face value or close to it?

You havent been to an ETS party. They are alot of fun. Its a TRUE U2 atmosphere, and many many people enjoy that, they dont calculate it down into what does a bus ride cost what does this plate of food cost etc etc. How do you put a price on hanging out with other U2 fans, watching classic videos on a big screen, watching a live band, eating food, being taken care of - hell in Tampa one of the directors was bringing beer to us in the second row on Edge's side, sec 101 - Its a package :)

Im not trying to make you more upset, I understand that you feel that the ETS operation somehow robbed you of a chance to go to Cleveland...but ask yourself, when the TM sale happened, did you even know you wanted to go to Cleveland with all these things like seeing your best friend, possibility of getting engaged, etc? I thought about going, and decided not to try for tickets, cause I wanted to spend my internet time getting tickets for NY. Now I want to go. Believe me, I HATE paying above face value for a ticket and will wait till the last minute to try not to have to...I can pretty much guarantee you one thing though...if ETS didn't exist, your chance of getting a Cleveland ticket would have been only a very small fraction of a percent more - the tickets would have likely gone to more brokers or another fan. I'm personally thankful there is an ETS out there that can get real fans tickets without killing them with $400 and up prices. I wish I had known about them during the Elevation tour, I would never have paid $250 and $300 for my tickets, and I would have enjoyed myself even more.

As always Im keeping my ear to the ground for any tix for ya Lies. Do you care where you are in the arena? Seats? Preference?

Gabriel, if I had any money, I'd pay it ALL, no questions asked. Of course it's worth it to me to spend a lot more for this show, but I have nothing left to spend. And believe me, I've gone over my house about ten times trying to think of something I could sell, but I already sold half my stuff and I can't sell my bed or my computer. So I'm panicking b/c I'm losing all the eBay auctions Phil can afford and I've got $49 in my bank account (but I do get paid via direct deposit on Dec. 9 so I will have like $100 after my bills go through to spend on a ticket).

A year before the tour was even announced I kinda made a list in my mind of where I'd like to go and where I'd be willing to go and Cleveland has always been at the top of my list (along with Chicago and then Detroit). Mostly b/c I love Cleveland, and because that's close to where my friend (who's been gone so long) is from, so I knew we'd go together. When we became friends years ago we swore to each other no matter what happened or where we ended up, we'd see U2 in Cleveland together. Of course, 4 years ago I couldn't have forseen going w/ Phil since I didn't know him yet, but after dealing w/ his crappy job and my crappy school schedule working around his unforeseen seziure disorder, it would be lovely just to go to the frickin concert.

Out of all the TicketMaster sales, the ONLY tickets I've been able to pull up (and all the people trying on my behalf) were two seats for Chicago, Sept. 21 (which I did buy and sell to get GAs). Unfortunately, the only ticket I've paid face value for so far was my Pittsburgh GA from Kevin. I won't even admit what I paid for the Chicago shows we saw. I added quite a bit of money to the borrowed principle of a student loan for my summer course, if that's any indication. And Kevin has ETS GAs for Cleveland that according to Miroslava he might not need and could sell me, but I can't even afford to buy groceries this week, let alone pay for ETS GAs that are almost 4 times face value (even though I'm infinately grateful).

I don't want this to be a pity party b/c I'm a poor college student - that's my own problem - but yes, I've wanted to go to a U2 concert in Cleveland since I became a fan (right after Elevation). Thus far, I've gotten lucky with being able to afford scalped tickets (sold a bunch of things, took on two additional jobs over the summer, the extra student loan, etc, etc). There are so many shows I'd take back just for the chance to go to Cleveland...

For me it's a matter of what's right, period, and not the lesser of two evils. It's just a stressful time for me and I'm in a permanent bad mood and I'm pissed b/c of how the ticket sales were handled, in general. I waited in line for tickets for hours at TM outlets, had 6 people trying online at the same time, and all but once we were completely shut out. So I guess I can agree I'm glad ETS is there for people like you and a lot of other Interferencers, but it sucks that we've all been forced to go that route in the first place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom