Three Longshot Songs You Want To Hear Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exit
Running to Stand Still
Electric Co

honorable mention: Love is Blindness

(I'm not going to say acrobat cause thats past a longshot)

Not so much songs, but I'd quite like to see some of the older arrangements of songs coming back.

Bullet - the funky Pop version
Running - the guitar version from Zoo TV
Hawkmoon - wonderful version with the slide guitar intro

&

Fast Cars

this is easy for me.. the same songs I always want to hear.. and haven't heard since the J-Tree tour:

Electric Co
Gloria
"40"

would also love to hear Exit too.

but they did play a short version of "40" for Michael Hutchence of INXS in Atlanta on Popmart.. but I wanna hear the whole thing have them walk off one by one, etc..

I would go for
Fire(this is the first u2 single i bought because of a live tv special shown on bbc many years ago and it still sounds brilliant today
Exit (it's such a good dark powerful song)
Zooropa(i can't really think of a reason besides it being a great song)

- Zooropa (would have to be similar to the album version with a lot of electronics rather than te live 1993 version)

- Exit (so rocking)

- A Sort of Homecoming (heard it a couple times on Elevation which was great, it'd be amazing to hear a full band version)

Honorable mentions: mofo, zoo station, wake up dead man, gloria, october, and "40" goes without saying

Last Night on Earth!!! That song rocks so hard live
Dirty Day!!! Another song that rocks my socks live
A good performance of Do You Feel Loved could be amazing too

- 40 (I would die to experience this live, singing along with the crowd)
- An Cat Dubh (that would be awesome!)
- Exit :drool:

Acrobat, Mercy, Love is Blindness, In God's Country (full band version)... I'll just add a "ditto" to pretty much all the choices that have been mentioned! lol

An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
Heartland - I love it, but it might not be the best 'live' choice so maybe A Sort of Homecoming
Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around the World

I don't know how much of a long shot these are but I really want to hear them and I doubt they will be played every night:

The Fly - I think they played this a little in elevation, I hope they don't cut it.
Bad - I know it will be played but I'm hoping for 4/21!
11 O'Clock Tick Tock

'False prophet'!(not a chance) 'Walk to the Water' would be awsome and also 'twilight' - new wave is in again after all!

Do You Feel Loved
Lemon/Dirty Day
The Hands That Built America

maybe some pre - Achtung rarities - but from the more likely and more recent stuff, they are my picks.

the rockin edge said:
I don't know how much of a long shot these are but I really want to hear them and I doubt they will be played every night:

The Fly - I think they played this a little in elevation, I hope they don't cut it.
Bad - I know it will be played but I'm hoping for 4/21!
11 O'Clock Tick Tock

The Fly was the dominant setlist closer during the first leg of Elevation, alternating with Pride (though Beautiful Day closed the main set of one show), and sometimes appeared in the encore, as on the Boston DVD. It missed only two shows, I believe. As the second leg in Europe progressed, it was phased out of rotation, and was not played at all on the third leg. I'm hoping it comes back but I doubt it.

Bad will probably be in rotation. It hasn't missed a tour, though it was played only a few times on Popmart.

Like a song - I'm amazed they've only played this once before (in Dundee, just down the road from me!)
11 o clock tick tock
Heartland

1. one tree hill - has been growing on me since 1987...
2. acrobat - pure chaos -> larry and edge descending into hell
3. TIE - a sort of homecoming -vs- the electric co. i don't feel like picking.:huh:

Back
Top Bottom