Those who went to Twickers last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crowds were great around me - extremely sociable. A couple of arseholes who were quite a bit taller than myself and a friend tried to push in front of us, but they were told to 'go away' by those around us.

zerotreehill said:
I thought the show was awesome, but it would have been much better if it was dark right from the start. It was just too bright, and we didn't really see any lighting until the second half.

Yeah. On God's next day off, Bono should politely ask Him to turn the Sun off for a bit. Oh, hang on... doesn't God pretend to be Bono on his day off?:wink:

Seriously though. I thought City of Blinding Lights (which, incidentally, Twickenham is NOT. Not by a long stretch of anyone's omagination.) would have been much better later on, once it was darker.

Last edited:
Forgot to ask about this earlier. Someone told me that Bono thought it would be fun to sing a few lines from Nelly's Hot in Herre at the 2nd Twickenham gig. I'm so sad I missed that one, I would have wet myself laughing!:drool:

I went to both nights at Tickers

first night i was in block 216 up top near entrance B

went with hubby who likes U2 more and more but not a nut fan like me!
After attending several U2 concerts over the years I was shocked at how half the people were sat down filing their nails-thing that had me laughing my head off was a girl going AWOL trying to impress her boyfriend but it was obvious to me she barely knew any lyrics-anyhow i got fed up in the end and when Sunday bloody Sunday started up i just yelled 'oh come on you've got to get up for this one and loads of people got up and danced,clapped and at last went completely mad !!!!!! the mood stayed and most were jumping up and down for the rest of the show...
second night-i took my daughter aged 14-it was so hot hubby drove us -this time in BLOCK 14 so allot closer-the atmosphere seemed electric compared with sat and when U2 came on they seemed allot more chatty and relaxed,bono reaching out to his fans more....the whole of Block 14 just went crazy and my daughter kept screaming ' I can't believe it ,they are brilliant' put itthis way-she asked if w could fly to dublin for the croke Park show....!

forgot to add.....My daughter could see bono jumping up and down behind the stage ready to go on as the crowd started cheering

I was in the inner circle and got about 4 metres from Bono's microphone. I came away a bit disappointed that people weren't jumping around especially when Elevation came on. The first few rows of people seemed to be jumping but the ones around me had their mobiles out and cameras taking pictures all the time instead of enjoying the show then and there.

There was even enough room for three people to light up in the middle of U2's set - how to put you off enjoying where the streets then breathing in some 2nd hand smoke.

I've seen U2 numerous times, got in the heart at slane, and I must say that the first twickenham concert seemed a real let down for me in terms of a buzzing crowd.

manchester 1 was miles better...

I THINK IT WAS THE HEAT EXAUSTION !! it was so hot-I think people were so tired as those near the stage musta been waiting since early hours......I think the way they just came on and played without saying a word was a mistake,the old fashioned

hello London

c'mon lets rock,let me see those hands

we're gonna sing you Vertigo.

but i wanna see those hands....

he always used to realy build up the atmosphere in the crowd first and then get going but now he just says a few words inbetween-he needs to get the crowd going more like he used to...

Maybe you've got a point about the heat. We queued up from 1pm and it was scorching but hearing the soundcheck was a treat!

I must say that Twickenham had it really well organised so hats off to them.

But maybe people in the inner circle get a bit complacent because they can come and go before U2 come on (sitting down not 2 metres from the stage when the support bands are on) and those that are on the main pitch bit have to push hard to get near the barrier so maybe their adrenlin is pumping a bit more by the time U2 come on.

I still loved the night night though.

Also did anyone else hear Bono say F**k when he leaves for the encore?

B

Back
Top Bottom