Those who get tickets vs. Those who don't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fmattyh

Acrobat
As this is my first time taking part in the whole U2 concert phenomenom, I don't know what to expect. Maybe those of you who have been around for past tours can help me out here. Elevation specifically, as pre-Elevation shows were basically before the Internet Age.

Are U2 fans pretty good about "sharing" tickets? Interferencers, specifically? What I mean by that is basically this -

Are Interferencers that are lucky enough to snag some tickets willing to sell any extras they might have to less-lucky Interferencers...at face value? We all love U2, and all of us are dying to see them live. Even though we could sell our extra GA seats for $200 on eBay to some random person, I would hope that, for the good of the community, we'd be willing to sell to another Interferencer directly for a reduced cost - if not face-value, than relatively close.

I'm hoping to get 2 GA tickets tomorrow, for my friend and I. I'm also hoping to snag 2 more during the general sale this weekend, one of which I would be willing to sell to another Interferencer for face-value-or-so. However, I'm also looking at the distinct possiblity of getting shut-out and not getting any tickets at all, despite my best efforts.

Are the unlucky Interferencers totally screwed? Or are we going to help each other out?

fmattyh said:
As this is my first time taking part in the whole U2 concert phenomenom, I don't know what to expect. Maybe those of you who have been around for past tours can help me out here. Elevation specifically, as pre-Elevation shows were basically before the Internet Age.

Are U2 fans pretty good about "sharing" tickets? Interferencers, specifically? What I mean by that is basically this -

Are Interferencers that are lucky enough to snag some tickets willing to sell any extras they might have to less-lucky Interferencers...at face value? We all love U2, and all of us are dying to see them live. Even though we could sell our extra GA seats for $200 on eBay to some random person, I would hope that, for the good of the community, we'd be willing to sell to another Interferencer directly for a reduced cost - if not face-value, than relatively close.

I'm hoping to get 2 GA tickets tomorrow, for my friend and I. I'm also hoping to snag 2 more during the general sale this weekend, one of which I would be willing to sell to another Interferencer for face-value-or-so. However, I'm also looking at the distinct possiblity of getting shut-out and not getting any tickets at all, despite my best efforts.

Are the unlucky Interferencers totally screwed? Or are we going to help each other out?

I remember from the elevation tour many many many people selling their tix at cost on the different groups online. Currently I plan to use all tix that I get, however if there is a situation where I have extra's, I would only think to do so on these boards for cost plus shipping. Durring Elevation, I remember finding that I could easilly pick up tix on these boards with the only extra expense being the extra shipping to get from the ticket holder to me. :) BTW, if all else fails you can go to the venue on the day of the show and probably pick up a good deal. I sold an extra Charlotte ticket that I had for $30 bucks durring elevation. I was able to upgrade from seated to ga that show, and sold mine for the first offer that I had. I just stood outside and said, "I HAVE A TICKET. MAKE ME AN OFFER". First person to make one got my ticket. (Despite the fact that someone else offered above face value. ) I was just happy to get GA (and ended up in the heart).

Anyway, you will find many people willing to help out on here.

HJ

I got all my tickets (8 shows) at either face, or below. (one free, and 1 half price too from fans)

I got 2 singles on ebay for less than face value as well.

I guess my big concern is that with the relative "shortage" of U.S. dates on this first leg, secondhand ticket prices (eBay, brokers, etc) will be much higher than last time. Think about it - the only place between Philly and Denver U2 is playing in is Chicago. I'm very worried that we'll be seeing ridiculous prices.

I do feel slightly encouraged by your replies though, as far as prior tour's experience. I must say, in this forum's current environment (panic, disappointment, anger), anything encouraging is music to my ears. :)

I sure do hope so!:wink:

fmattyh, I have the same sinking feeling regarding tix as you do and I sure hope that if there is a fellow interferencer out there who had a ticket I was looking for to help me or any other out.

As I sure will and would do the same for anyone here! :wink:

So anybody that gets tickets to any west coast gigs(california) or Denver, as I live in Utah, If I cant get a tickets,(GA) if someone would offer me a ticket to buy. That would be great. THank YOu

I'm sure that there will be an awesome # of concerts for the third leg... :wink: QUESTION: If I were to do as our friend up there said and buy two more GA tix in the general sale, and we all go together at the same time, are we alowed to stand together no matter what # ticket you receive??? Help me out my U2 Peeps!!! :|

PrideOfU2 said:
I'm sure that there will be an awesome # of concerts for the third leg... :wink: QUESTION: If I were to do as our friend up there said and buy two more GA tix in the general sale, and we all go together at the same time, are we alowed to stand together no matter what # ticket you receive??? Help me out my U2 Peeps!!! :|

It doesn't matter what # your ticket says. GA is first come first serve. As long as you get to the line (very very very early in order to get a good spot inside) together and wait it out you can stand together regardless of where or when you got your GA ticket.

I would be glad to help people out. I will either have an extra for one of these shows tomorrow Boston, Philly, MSG, or San Diego.

last time at the venues I helped a lot of people out, just face value. Some of us will probably get better seats later, maybe, and then we'll have extras. For U2 I usually just sell them at the venue, and the cops stopped me, but i thought real quick, and said "he's just paying me for his ticket I bought us is all, I'm not selling tickets."

I found people were very helpful last time around too, and I sold some of my extra tix to some fellow fans as well. Sure, some will want to make profit and go on E-Bay, but there will be a large enough pool of U2 fans wanting to sell their extras to other fans for face value that everyone eventuallly gets a really good shot at getting the tickets they want.

Others fans and the internet fan sites like this one are by far the best way to get tickets of sold-out shows. That and being willing not to have a ticket until the last minute, as very often the best tickets (including considerable amounts of GA) are NOT sold right away, but will be in the last two weeks before the show, and very often the morning of the show. Also in the GA line there are ALWAYS people with extra tix willing to sell at face value.

My advice (and I saw 10 Elevation shows, 7 GA, without paying one dollar above face value) is don't panic if you don't have a ticket right after the general sale and the show is said to be 'sold-out'. Only a small fraction of tickets are actually put on sale on the first day, and you will have several means to get tickets later on. Be patient, keep looking on the internet, even show up to a venue without a ticket. My guess is your chances are very good to get a good seat in the end (that's especially true for GA)

That and being willing not to have a ticket until the last minute, as very often the best tickets (including considerable amounts of GA) are NOT sold right away, but will be in the last two weeks before the show, and very often the morning of the show.
That's the main thing that worries me. As a college student going to school 2000 miles away from home, I don't have a car. I can always get rides from people and stuff, but this does create some inflexibility and fewer "spur-of-the-moment" sort of dealies.

It sounds, though, like U2 fans are pretty good about coming through for others. This makes me happy. :)

In tours past, this forum has been a fantastic resource for fans trying to get tickets, rides, lodging, etc. It is unwritten policy that tickets are never sold here for more than face + shipping, and you can always find someone who wants to trade shows with you. I'd never look anywhere else.

-Mike

I bought an extra ticket for San Jose show in case someone needs it. See details in What You Have section of Tour Central.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom