This True? The Return of Walk On?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
yea that's a good point there... if they use a teleprompter, which caused some rediculous outrage by some people who were for some reason pissed... then why would he need to find the lyric sheet?

Was anyone pissed? :scratch: :confused:

U2Man said:

Was anyone pissed? :scratch: :confused:

A while ago someone posted a picture of a teleprompter and some posters complained about how could Bono forget his own lyrics and so on...

I am also curious about why he forgot 'Walk On', given that he wrote it only a couple of years ago...

Maybe Bono never wrote a single lyric and he has someone from Milli Vanilli helping him out.. :evil:

U2@NYC said:

A while ago someone posted a picture of a teleprompter and some posters complained about how could Bono forget his own lyrics and so on...

I am also curious about why he forgot 'Walk On', given that he wrote it only a couple of years ago...

Maybe Bono never wrote a single lyric and he has someone from Milli Vanilli helping him out.. :evil:

Well, I guess we can all forget even the most obvious things sometimes.....but I see what you mean. That was partly what I meant about being underrehearsed, btw. It shouldn't be too hard to remember these lyrics if he had sung the song in the last few days :scratch:

Milli Vanilli? Nah, it was Snoop! :wink: Hey yo! Soocka-deecka :D

U2@NYC said:

Exactly, all we need is a live version of Billy Boola with an emphasis on the "sucka dicka" part... :up:

Acoustic, with Bono singing the lyrics while reading them from a sheet of paper :up:

LJT said:
:shrug:

Bono probably just has a crap memory:wink:

Absolutely. The hundreds of stories of him forgetting things is proof. I think he lost his Fly glasses on the ZooTV/Zooropa/Zoomerang tour a dozen times! :lol:

:lol:

I think Bono's voice has been the most consistent it ever has been since the early 80s:hmm:

His voice has not completely gone at anypoint on this tour....he has sounded rough around the edges a few times but it has still been strong on those dates like the last Chicago show on the first leg.

Elevation tour his voice went on him a few times...Popmart it went a few times....and i believe ZooTV/Zooropa it went on him and of course it went on him during Lovetown...

Walk On is my fav U2 song of all time...until last night, of course...

Walk On in its faith-driven mood, is a solid rock song. Acoustic? Gimme a break...

And playing Walk On that early in the show is like opening with One. Its message is brought across too early and loses its meaning. It's like "Walk on, leave it behind, leave it all behind!...okay, now wait for us to play another 16 songs..."

Headache in a Suitcase said:
bono going to look for the lyric sheet is hilarious

walkon-chicago-thumb.jpg

:|

U2Man said:
^But what has that got to do with his memory :scratch:

Nothing it was just something going through my head:wink:

I wanted to write it down before i forgot:p

U2@NYC said:

I thought we've all clearly established that Bono was drunk :wink:

:drunk:

Theedge070 said:
And playing Walk On that early in the show is like opening with One. Its message is brought across too early and loses its meaning. It's like "Walk on, leave it behind, leave it all behind!...okay, now wait for us to play another 16 songs..."

Walk On was played sixth. At every ZooTV show, One was played fifth.

There goes your point, walking on into the sunset. ;)

Axver said:

I mean...I suppose One could be played early, it doesn't have a releasing feeling like Walk On does.

But you'd agree with me that you can't open with One. It's just a stupid move.

Axver said:

Eh no, Theedge070 said it was like *opening* with One. But I'm not gonna argue with you Axver, it wasn't my point. I'm tired, good night ;)

U2Man said:

Eh no, Theedge070 said it was like *opening* with One. But I'm not gonna argue with you Axver, it wasn't my point. I'm tired, good night ;)

Well, they didn't open with Walk On either ... :shrug:

Axver said:

Well, they didn't open with Walk On either ... :shrug:

No but...I think Theedge070 meant having Walk On so early on would be as silly a thing as opening with One would be.

Back
Top Bottom