This sign worked in Boston...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
"Baby in My Belly Wants to Dance with Bono."

Here's the story: http://rockland.villagesoup.com/AandE/story.cfm?storyID=61800

1128431427_7679.jpg

Last edited:
Lila64 said:

gee, what will it say, oh timothius from down under with the new avatarius?

Timothius's sign: "I dressed as a woman to dance with Bono"

And I'm going to make him do it. :evil:

I have 2 tix for seats that first nite ($$ouch$$) ...
Part of me feels bad about her not doing GA. But I fear for her safety and the long long wait all day & night. And trying to take care of her, if she needs food or to go to the bathroom or something... I'm sure once you are in the venue, you can't really move if you are GA, and especially letting her go alone to try and get back to the rail area or ellipse... Damn, I wish there were a way to guarantee it :sad:

Lila64 said:
I have 2 tix for seats that first nite ($$ouch$$) ...
Part of me feels bad about her not doing GA. But I fear for her safety and the long long wait all day & night. And trying to take care of her, if she needs food or to go to the bathroom or something... I'm sure once you are in the venue, you can't really move if you are GA, and especially letting her go alone to try and get back to the rail area or ellipse... Damn, I wish there were a way to guarantee it :sad:

Wow I don't envy your position at all. Such a tough decisions. I hope you pull up two GA's for the second night I really do... I'll keep looking once a day just incase - I know the feeling of not going to a concert that I didn't quite realise the magnatidue of at the time (Farewell To The World). :(

Not a good idea to take a Kid into GA
I was GA at the 11/19/01 Staples show and I am a 400 pound 6'3 guy and I had to bail out from being on the outside rail
Too much pushing

On a side note, at that Staples show I had a lil girl named Grace right in front of me and before the show she was trying to think of a sign to make and I suggested keeping it simple, how about 'Dance with me', she used my Idea and was pulled on stage during Wild Honey

I believe I was at both L.A. shows, but can't remember that moment. My memory is shot, LOL. That's why I need the visuals, hint hint :shifty:

I did GA on 2 of the 6 shows on Elevation, and 2 of my 3 shows this year. I do already have 1 GA (around here somewhere) for night 2 in L.A., 11/2. I have heard stories where a parent with a kid did not scan for the ellipse, but someone (either venue staff or U2 staff) let them into the ellipse. I would think with the way they sparsely fill it sometimes that we might be okay there. And if we line up early, we might have a chance at the rail. At least if perhaps she is on it and I stand behind her. It didn't seem the pushing/shoving was so bad at the time I went in April... it's definitely a tough call, especially when you see pics here, flickr, u2tours of kids who got on the rail/in ellipse/onstage, and they are much younger than my daughter. I know she'd probably want to do it, watching/following the tour as we have... just don't know if it's the best thing for her... What's a mother to do :( :( :huh:

Last edited:
u2rulesmyworld said:
Not a good idea to take a Kid into GA
I was GA at the 11/19/01 Staples show and I am a 400 pound 6'3 guy and I had to bail out from being on the outside rail
Too much pushing

On a side note, at that Staples show I had a lil girl named Grace right in front of me and before the show she was trying to think of a sign to make and I suggested keeping it simple, how about 'Dance with me', she used my Idea and was pulled on stage during Wild Honey

I was at that show too and standing right next to her! She was such a cutie, in total shock when she actually got pulled up on stage with B and Edge. I think in the end her and her mom ended up leaving before the encores cause it was getting really bad on the outside rail. The look on Bono's face when he found out her name was Grace was priceless. *sigh* Stuff like that is what makes GA worth all the hassle!

Back
Top Bottom