This should put all the rumors to rest.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
:yes:

EDGE: U2 NOT DONE TOURING
February 02, 2006
posted by: m2

Perhaps now we can put to rest the "U2 will stop touring" stories which grew out of the media's misinterpretation of this recent Edge article in Rolling Stone. In an AP story making the rounds today which mainly addresses Edge's involvement with Music Rising, Edge says there are no plans for the band to stop touring.

"We grew up on the road ... It's such an integral part of what we are. I don't think we could give up touring. I don't think we could do what the Beatles did, just pack it in."

whew.gif

The paranoid people are still going to think the end is nigh. They have since The Joshua Tree and I don't see this quote getting in their way.

Don't reproduce this quote in Hawaii, please.

We've got a few hundred more tickets to sell there.

Please keep telling everyone April 8th is U2's last show ever, I wanna see a second show.

yes, but quite possibly the last show for several years. also, likely their last tour of significant relevance. yeah, the stones and such keep touring but when is the last time on of their tours mattered more then nostalgia. there getting old. bono is already shrinking.

If ya listen to the interview (there's an MP3 out there), the part that struck me wasn't actually that quote. It was the very confident "no, no way" (could they stop touring) that Edge said right before that quote.

Good to hear this from Edge and not Bono. :wink:

U2 is in top form right now. The Vertigo Tour was and still is a huge success. Edge and Bono sound the best in years. The 4th leg is approaching. Why would they even consider quit touring?

Back
Top Bottom