this question has probably already been asked......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
but i'm heavily considering buying a ticket from Ebay at this point. the guy is charging $150 per GA, but i could care less, considering any hope of getting one at face value is pretty slim at this point.

the big Q is that rumor has it that U2 were hunting down scalpers, and possibly cancelling their tix.

do you think i'd be safe buying from this guy? my fear is that i'll pay him for a seat, only to find out my ticket was cancelled.

any advice would rock.

thanks.

The most important thing to look at when buying from ebay is the seller's feedback (read the feedback for the items they've sold), and how long they've been selling at ebay.

I bought a ticket for MSG from ebay yesterday. The price was just a little over face value, the person had 100% positive feedback (over 2500 positive), and been in ebay since 1999 and most of the items they sold had been tickets for concerts/basketball games. All this persons current auctions were tickets but none were for exorbitant prices, just slightly over face value.

Personally, I think that U2 is going after the professional scalpers who obviously abused the system. How many other U2 tickets is this person selling?

Last edited:
well, the guy actually has a company name(Warehouse Tickets). he has like a 99.6% positive feedback. working in a company that deals with delivering packages, i know that unfortunately it seems like having 100% success rate is almost impossible.

this guy is selling quite a few tickets for multiple nights in chicago.

god this sucks, lol. i almost bought a GA from TotalTickets for $225. i'm desperate here.:huh:

I think once you buy it now you should be safe. If for some strange reason the ticket is cancelled he should refund your payment.

be careful though, I would only buy right now if the tickets are in hand, read the fine print of places like Total Tickets which this forum advertises, in the fine print it says "If the event is cancelled your refund will be for the FACE VALUE of the ticket" this is standard operating procedures by these cunts. If they dont have them in hand DONT BUY YET.

Don't fret and chill out. The shows are still over 2-3 maybe even 4 months away. There will be tickets for every show on every site up until the week of the gig.

I would only buy now if the seller had the tickets in hand. With U2 going after the scalpers its very possible they will lose their tickets in the coming days and then you'd get fucked.

> If an event is cancelled, refunds will be given for face value only, or a full credit towards a future event.

from here

http://www.totaltickets.com/Concerts/U2_Concert_Tickets.php

scroll down

Dont let your desperation get the best of you. You can get a ticket any time but right now since its so soon after the onsale is the worst time because people freak out. Have a little patience and it will pay off literally in the end.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy from some with an excessive amount of tickets for sale...if they have a few pairs for a couple of shows, no problem. I think U2 is looking for big time sellers with 10 or 20 pairs at 3 & 4 times face value, not the guys who got lucky during the general sale and want to make a few bucks.

I see the auction you're looking at. The person is selling an awful lot of tickets. Has a ton of feedback - score of 6886 (almost all positive 6900) over the past 4 years. Some of the positive feedback is even from people who have already received their U2 tickets.

But wow, are there tickets available for Chicago. You should have no problem waiting, although I realize that the price you're looking at is not terribly high for a GA.

The problem I see with MSG is that there are practically no tickets, even on ebay. I had been looking over the last fews days and every day there were less and less. I feel ok with the ticket I bought (about $30 over FV). But definately will not leave any positive feedback until after I'm in the door. I will be receiving the ticket Tuesday or Wednesday via Fedex though.

i bought GA's from this guy off of ebay this past week. He had a good feedback rating. I did the buy it now as well. That is what I suggest. Make sure that this person is selling hard tickets and not ticketfast tickets. And also that they have the tickets in hand. I made sure of this before I bid. The guy was fast and I got my tickets via fedex within 4 days of the winning of the auction.

Just be cautious.

ramblin rose said:
I see the auction you're looking at. The person is selling an awful lot of tickets. Has a ton of feedback - score of 6886 (almost all positive 6900) over the past 4 years. Some of the positive feedback is even from people who have already received their U2 tickets.

But wow, are there tickets available for Chicago. You should have no problem waiting, although I realize that the price you're looking at is not terribly high for a GA.

The problem I see with MSG is that there are practically no tickets, even on ebay. I had been looking over the last fews days and every day there were less and less. I feel ok with the ticket I bought (about $30 over FV). But definately will not leave any positive feedback until after I'm in the door. I will be receiving the ticket Tuesday or Wednesday via Fedex though.

You only paid $30 over face? that's amazing, where are the seats?
I've been looking for msg as I live in NY- If he has extra and you're happy with him I'd consider buying through him as well :D

one4u2 said:

You only paid $30 over face? that's amazing, where are the seats?
I've been looking for msg as I live in NY- If he has extra and you're happy with him I'd consider buying through him as well :D

Well, the seats aren't ultra fantastic, but considering what MSG tickets are going for I'm more than happy. I looked at the view from the seats on the MSG site and I was satisfied. They're section 212 (row c). They don't have any other MSG tickets though that I could see, (just a few other U2 tickets for some west coast shows) The night before they had 1 other MSG ticket for section 327 (row a) for just over $150 and when I got up yesterday that ticket was gone, so considering 100% positive feedback of over 2000+ I decided it wasn't worth the wait and bought the ticket, but and a big but it is a Ticketfast ticket, which is why I won't leave any positive feedback until after the show. I did read a lot of the feedback for this seller and a lot of it has been for Ticketfast tickets and when I wrote to them the night before to ask about it they answered right away but said to take into consideration the 100% feedback they had and their longetivity on ebay. (Based on the paypal receipt I think its a woman).

They're just not a lot of MSG tickets at reasonable prices on ebay and the prices on the ticket broker sites are just ridiculous and all the way behind the stage.:no:

Back
Top Bottom