This feels like U2's last tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
They're going out in a bang...

25 years, I've waited to see U2 perform live, I will see them September 2005...

I've been following U2 for years now, and I have a strong feeling, that this may, or may not be -- a hint that U2 may be on their last tour.

Closing with 40 again would only seem fair, I don't know if U2 will tour in 2010. What will the material be like then? U2's complete tour for 2005/2006 is sold out... that's including stadiums and 80,000 capacity areas.

Somehow, I can feel that this is U2's last, I don't know why, but it feels to be their last.

they would have said it was there last, and while watching the VH1 all accsess. they said they have NO intention on quiting, so relax and enjoy

Bono has said.....And while I dont believe him, you can't rule it out.
That they will bring out a new record in 2006.
Yeah Yeah, it seems unlikely that a band who only puts out a new album when the Summer Olympics is on.....But you never know!

I think this may be their last tour as a "not a nostaglia" act. This album is really frickin' great, and this is supposed to be the largest grossing tour in rock n roll history (surpassing McCartney's last tour). Up to now... this is it. 25 million for each band member. This is the grand Pooba. They may sell out from a nursing home, but they may never be more relevant then they are right now.

this is a tour for the annals. or not. i'm drunk in denver. woohoo!!!

Last edited:
theu2fly said:

Somehow, I can feel that this is U2's last, I don't know why, but it feels to be their last.

I feel the same way.

'40' is somehow a 'classic' closer, i've always thought they should close the shows during their last tour with this song.

Besides, the songs from Boy. Its like closing a period.

And, well, they're in their mid- forties...

I think it may not be their very last tour, but the last so big, so long and spectacular.

and plus they have no doubt been getting countless letters, asking them to finish with 40

If this would be their last tour, they would be honest about it! They would say goodbey at every show I guess... Not only would it be fair to say if this was the case, it would also increase the emotional lever of these shows... I really doubt that this is U2's last tour... My guess is they will indeed end with a bang, and with a bang I mean a big BIG tour with a gigantic non-conceptual production...

PopMart was U2's last tour. Universal had them secretly replaced by robots in 1999. These machines have been the ones touring for the last 5 years. The reason Bono's voice sounded so hoarse during the Elevation tour was because the scientists hadn't yet perfected his vocal chip yet. They have since made great improvements.

Adam, Bono, Edge and Larry are in the Caribbean right now sipping pineapple juice. :wink:

-Miggy D

:lol:

Didn't the real U2 turn up briefly for the making of the Elevation video, with Angelina Jolie (good excuse). I guess the evil U2 that we know today, managed to rid us once and for all of the real U2 during that video shoot!

I had an intuition and a premonition about this tour being **it**, but then again, this may only be *me* because I am so awake and in tune and *on* for this one like I haven't been since 1987 (which is when i at one time *ignorantly* and *wrongly* thought the brilliant phase career ended). I ***love*** this *new* record (while *rediscovering* AB, Zooropa, and Pop). And so far, the shows sound strong, Bono is in his element, the fans are really sweet and supportive to each other at the shows . . .
But, barring major **life changes**, I bet they will be back. But we should realize what a monumental and magickal undertaking this tour is, and well, i can see a bazillion things going wrong in the fuure and them not pulling it off with such grace and brilliance again.
Even if this is not the last tour, they are playing like it is their first show and last show every night, which is why we feel good (or at least okay) about spending the kind of $$$ we are spending.
love, Anu

I believe they will keep touring, albeit less frequently. Remember that most rock stars and celebrities build a lifestyle around their income, they become used to the cash flow. And even though U2 sells more cd's than just about anyone, the real money is in the tours. If we can see any trend from The Stones, The Who, Elton John, Kiss, Paul McCartney, The Eagles, etc, etc its that U2 will likely become a touring nostalgia act one day. Oh well, I wouldn't complain.

oh please not yet please.

have yet to see them ..here in this part of the world.

(did somebody just say 'dream on!' ? :( :drool:

I don't believe this is the last tour, I think there's at least one more on the cards yet. The reason: I can't see them retiring after an Australian show. Start getting worried when they annound a few Dublin dates after the 2006 Australian leg.

^^ I agree with this post ^^

I wonder how freakin' difficult it would be to get tickets for their final show...

I dont think they'd ever say " this is our last tour" because it would drive ticket prices through the roof. You think scalping is bad now...wait for if they ever announce a " u2 farewell tour".

Anu said:
I had an intuition and a premonition about this tour being **it**, but then again, this may only be *me* because I am so awake and in tune and *on* for this one like I haven't been since 1987 (which is when i at one time *ignorantly* and *wrongly* thought the brilliant phase career ended). I ***love*** this *new* record (while *rediscovering* AB, Zooropa, and Pop). And so far, the shows sound strong, Bono is in his element, the fans are really sweet and supportive to each other at the shows . . .
But, barring major **life changes**, I bet they will be back. But we should realize what a monumental and magickal undertaking this tour is, and well, i can see a bazillion things going wrong in the fuure and them not pulling it off with such grace and brilliance again.
Even if this is not the last tour, they are playing like it is their first show and last show every night, which is why we feel good (or at least okay) about spending the kind of $$$ we are spending.
love, Anu

*okay* :wink:

I hope they don't do a farewell tour or become a nostalgia act. It's not them. I think it would be awesome if they just stopped. They should walk out on top and maybe do a club tour to support their new album in 3 years. The schedule would look something like this...

Washington D.C. - 9:30 Club
San Francisco - The Fillmore
Hollywood - Whiskey A Go Go
New York - Irving Plaza
Chicago - Metro
New York - Knitting Factory

Other places they could go...
Cincinnati - Bogart's
Denver - The Fillmore
Cleveland - Agora Theater
Seattle - Moore Theater

the Eagles said a while back it was their "farewell" tour, and here they are back again. No way U2 is "retiring" yet. Most artists say they will keep at it as long as people want them to, very few "retire" when they have the kind of demand that U2 has.

Back
Top Bottom