Third Leg Tickets Going Onsale?? This is a Good Move.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7:00 am, and yup, it was 96.3 :love:

Oh and ladies, I bumped up the Michigan thread in the Discotheque forum just in case we need to do some strategizing :D

Last edited:
Oh, I am not getting up for it either... I figure it will be in my computer by the time I wake up an hour later :D

Well, i am going to have to make a deal with my parents if im going to go to another show. I wonder if they will do outdoor shows the second time around? I doubt it though.

Not in October/November which is what is looking like...

(thank god, I didn't want stadiums!) :hyper:

Miroslava said:

(thank god, I didn't want stadiums!) :hyper:

Well, they could do Ford Field in Detroit, cuz it's not an open stadium... and it's sure a helluva lot bigger than the Palace.

They did the ol' silverdome stadium in Pontiac for the Popmart tour on Larry's birthday...

Ohhh crap....

What about those of us who owe people for tickets they got for us last month b/c U2 weren't coming to my town? I had a situation--a family illness of my own--that basically ate the concert fund I'd been saving up for all of the summer-to the spring of 2003-2004. Even working overtime in the fal, I only was able to save up for 2 shows. And assuming the fallleg wasn't going to be announced until the summer, I paid off some...um...back bills I had left unpaid...I'm currently on an "insallment plan" with a friend for one and possibly 2 shows...()

Just put some money on my credit card today, (today's my biweekly payday..how nice) luckily it's a Discover and there's a Sears nearby, you can do direct Discover payments there. The money will be in my account by midnight Sunday. UNfortunately thouhg, I can only try for GA's b/c that's all the money I have enough for!!:wink: ( I mean, I don't have the option of trying any other seat if the GA's are out! So while I have an unused code, I might be scrwed again! Well, not again... well, I might not get more than i show, anyway...)

OH GOD, not again....:(

Last edited:
Teta040 said:
So while I have an unused code, I might be scrwed again! Well, not again... well, I might not get more than i show, anyway...)

OH GOD, not again....

You are actually in a really good position. If I recall correctly, you are a Prop member and you have an unused code. If all goes well, you should be in the front of the line, ahead of everyone. You should have no problem scoring your GA's for Albany.

Just be ready!!.

Hey Rambling Rose, you have a great memory. Yep, I was in Prop. Thing is, I'm torn...I don't know which show to go for, if Albany is in the list. Boston and MSG were my dreams, in that order. Thanks to the old Prop, I was able to finally get to a Boston show--2 of them--after 15 yrs of waiting. I've given up on Bston this leg, or tour, b/c I know nobody, won't go to broker, and nobdy will sell a Bsoton seat. I am still asking people to cover for me...(anybody out there want to buy an extra ticket for NYC Bsoton or ALbany, if they are on the list?:))

Thanks for the reassurances..however, it won't be any easier, despite the thousands who won;t be doing it this time b./c they used their codes. There are enough people out there that this is going to be another circus...nothing's changed.

I generally wait in line in for shows here, bit after the stories from lie-goers this time I might want to do the presale for here. pathetic no? Thing is, I'd rather have GA's in NYC or somewhere else than Albany, b/c crowds here are BORING. I've been to many shows here, not just 3 U2 shows over the yrs, but REM, BRuce, Pavarotti, you name it, but crowds here are quiet. During Elvation though, I don't know what people were smoking, it was actually pretty darned good, we had some great singalongs going and Bono was jazzed. I was in shock, it was actually getting quite good for a U2 show! But I can't count on the same thing happening again...2001 was the exception....Besides, I'd been in the front row of the GA, 2 feet from Edge, at the 1st "9/11 " show in NYC, and Albany wouldn't compare.

So my friend might be able to swing NYC for me (like last time), but well. depends on the schdule.....what show do I go for GA for? It might be easier to get Albany, but I don''t want the GA in Albany...darn it, if I had more money I could pick and choose what show I wanted!

Second, I've never even done a regular ticket sale over the net. Literally. This will be my first ticket sale period. I decided not to even bother with the presale in the days after the site went up...thankfully. Please tell me it's not that hard?? I remember the horror stories. How much is the exact GA price, counting fees? I have enough in my account, I"m pretty sure.

Is there a link to an FAQ about how to do the presale, in plain English?:wink: (Dumb question of the day I know)

I told my friend to get into the TM site an hour before the MSG sale and he got that show. How soon should I get in the site this time?

Last edited:
Teta040, Since hopefully you'll have a great chance at whatever tickets you want, maybe you should buy 2 GA's for either NY or Boston and then trade one for the Albany show. Since the NY & Boston are usually easy to trade you could end up being able to go to both NY or Boston & your hometown show in Albany.

*Blush* can I confess I am so broke right now I can only afford one ticket? I won't be financially recovered until the beginning of April...that's why I'm paying my friend in stages...There are funds in my CC that I can't touch, they're being saved for another big bill...and I can't touch that, not even for U2:wink: . I suppose there's nothing to be embarrassed about, going alone, if you meet other people though. I don't know anybody in Albany personally who is a fan..hence, the moaning and groaning:wink: . See what I mean about being really poor? I won't get into the circumstances why. I won't have anything to trade, in fact, the opposite.

But thanks for the encouragement....*sigh* I hope it is just rumors, but it's prob true...Since TM won't do anything uless they are sued, and the band are apparently still too niave to know what was going on with who was REALLY getting the tix--or maybe they are--the lobbying bit was unsucessful...the band has no other choice but to surprise people I guess. Problem is, unless they find another ticket company, and there are none--what is to stop TM from taking out thousands of tix AGAIN before the dates are announced? Even so soon? Oh well...thanks Larry, I know you mean well but I'll have no nerves left....

I hope, if this is true, the band is aware that there might be people who are plenty privately ticked off (again), b/c any wwy you look at it, you have to be rich very suddenly...I won't complain though. I hope people save the comalints for themselves, even if they are upset the band didn't give them time to prepare. I understand why, I hope others can see it too.

Last edited:
I've got the money, the Prop membership and an unused code.

Bring it on.

Anitram, I hate you. Um, on second thought, maybe not...if you have any extras?:wink:

Teta040 said:

I hope, if this is true, the band is aware that there might be people who are plenty privately ticked off (again), b/c any wwy you look at it, you have to be rich very suddenly...I won't complain though. I hope people save the comalints for themselves, even if they are upset the band didn't give them time to prepare. I understand why, I hope others can see it too.

How much time to prepare is needed? We knew months ago a new album was coming out and then there would eventually be a tour.

I'm sorry that people may not be able to afford to go, I know that there are financial emergencies that come up, but anytime the sale is announced, be it next week or 3 months from now, there will be people who can't afford to go.

Last edited:
Kelly, like I said, I won't be complaining. But I was thinking along the lines of people who might want to go to both legs of the tour and couldn't have time to save up for both...

it seems TM this time has done everything possible to discourage people from going to more than 1 or 2 shows....blame them for that, folks, IMO..NOT the band.

Just read the U2.com email confirming that the third leg will be announced Monday (Sunday night on U2.com) and that the Propaganda pre-sale starts Tuesday.

I was really hoping that the third leg tickets would not go on sale until the summer. My reasons are not financial. I just think this is too far in advance to sell tickets for shows in December.

MsMofoGone said:
I mentioned..."borrowing" someone's card, IF THEY'LL LET YOU...
In other words.... IF YOU HAVE THE PERSON'S CONSENT!!!!
( that means you have "their" permission, first. )
How is that "mis-understood" or "implied" as stealing????

As I explained, by stating "borrowing" you imply a non-literal/sarcastic meaning of that word. In the case of "borrowing" that means stealing.
Just like the use of "their" implies that you're not really suggesting to get their permission, but that you can give permission yourself (or let a very good friend of you say to you that you can use another person's credit card).

So, with all that use of quotations words it is very easy to interpret it differently than what is stated literally.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom