Third Leg: Hopes, Dreams and Predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Hope... The return of "Bad" and "40"
Dream..."The Unforgettable Fire" "Gone" "Please"
Prediction...The return of "Bad" and "40" and the addition of "Crumbs".
Anyone else like to try???

Hope - I really hope that An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart returns and that they play Gloria more often. Also The Ocean and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses following Until The End Of The World more often and in the beginning of the show not at the encore.

Dream - The Playboy Mansion, Two Hearts Beat As One, Wire, Twilight.

Prediction - Electrical Storm, Crumbs From Your Table and MAYBE Angel Of Harlem and Hands That Built America acoustic.

Hopes and predictions: return of Bad, 40, Gloria, UTEOTW, WGRYWH, Mysterious Ways. Debut of Electrical Storm and Crumbs.

Dream: 11 O'clock Tick Tock!

Hope: The end of Vertigox2 (Oh you know somebody was gonna say it!)

Dream: Unforgettable Fire or 11 O'Clock Tick Tock.

Prediction: Bad will make a triumphant return to the regular setlist.

Hope: The end of Vertigo X2

Dream: UTEOTW, WGRYWH, ISHFWILF, WOWY

Prediction: Bad & 40 will return. Vertigo X2 regular rotation every night.

Hope: Vertigo 1x

Dream: That no one shows up to any of the MSG shows and it's just youtwohearts and I getting an all request show featuring Love Comes Tumbling, Please, Indian Summer Sky, Zooropa,UF, Wire, and a private dance for each of us during WOWY

Prediction: Same as the previous 2 shows we've seen on the first leg :wink:

Last edited:
:scratch:

Could someone clarify the differnece between "hopes" and "dreams" ?? My modified list:

Hopes / Dreams:

Addtions: Crumbs, Electrical Storm, MLK

Deletions: Bullet, Pride (yes I know, Pride and MLK work well sequentially)

Modifications - the slow / guitar only softer entry into SBS a la the Conspiracy of Hope Tour.

Predictions - Bad comes back regulary, but not nightly, I Will Follow becomes a staple from the back catalog, Crumbs becomes a regular in place of Miracle Drug.

Radical Prediction: now that Live 8 is over and the aid goal has been relatively achieved, the African theme and political overtones tone down a notch. Bullet, LAPOE, and SBS are rotated and rarely played the same night.

Hope: Electrical Storm, An occasional Miss Sarajevo, "40", Bad, Gloria, Stay, A Pop Song

Dream: Ultraviolet, Love is Blindness, A sort of Homecoming, Exit, Twilight

Predictions: BTBS stays in this setlist and every setlist for the remainder of U2's touring career. Vertigo 2x. The return of the GA Lottery.

Hope: Bad, 40 closes, Until the End of the World, With or Without You and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Dream: When I Look At the World, Acrobat, In God's Country. (Hell will freeze over).

Prediction: Crumbs debuts.

BWU2Buffs said:
:scratch:

Predictions ...Crumbs becomes a regular in place of Miracle Drug.

????
Might see the addition of crumbs, but it won't replace miracle drug. miracle drug will be played at every show for the rest of the tour.

Hope: Walk On, Return of 40 and UTEOTW

Dream: Zooropa, Dirty Day, Ultraviolet

Prediction: Electrical Storm and Crumbs

Dream: A colossal roulette wheel which features U2 songs instead of numbers is brought on stage. Fans spin the wheel and the band plays whichever song the wheel stops upon. They do this for 2 hours & 15 minutes.
Prediction: I wake up.

Love is Blindness extra edge solo / edge is on stage alone and has a 15 min guitar piece and then they kick back into love is blindness!!

but this will never happen!!!:mad: dam you u2 for not doing anything new at all dam you:mad: :wink:

hope: with or without you, bad, 40, i still haven't found what i'm looking for, crumbs, vertigo x1

dream: please, a sort of homecoming, the unforgettable fire, when i look at the world, red hill mining town (hah, yeah right)

prediction: crumbs

BWU2Buffs said:
Could someone clarify the differnece between "hopes" and "dreams" ??
A "hope" would be something that is within the realm of possibility and a "dream" would be something that most likely would not happen.

So for instance, one of my hopes would be the return of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (a "hope" because it was played on the first leg of this tour) and one of my dreams would be hearing Your Blue Room (a "dream" because it's never been played).

greenlight7-11 said:

A "hope" would be something that is within the realm of possibility and a "dream" would be something that most likely would not happen.

Alas, relative degrees of certainty -- like WMD in Iraq? We dreamed they had them then we hoped to gosh we found them after we invaded to justify said invasion and we hope the world will believe whatever bullshit we spin after we go and and can't find anything?

Something like that...?

I think you expect a bit too much with Crumbs ánd Electrical Storm... I only expect Crumbs really...

Hope: 40 at at least one of the shows I go to

Dream: One Tree Hill, Red Hill Mining Town, Heartland, Hawkmoon

Prediction: I spent over $500.00 to see my favorite band play live and they will play the majority of songs I saw them play four years ago, and four years before that and four years before that.

Dread: Vertigox2

Back
Top Bottom