Things U2 has done and will always do live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Just a fun little thread. Post things that U2 has always done live back to Blood Red Sky even, that you're sure they'll do until they retire....

It's a sure thing that:
- Bono will forget lyrics
- Adam will play the intro of New Year's Day too fast
- Edge will miss the start of the first verse of The Fly and keep playing the main riff too long
- Bono's guitar will be fairly or completely silent
- Larry will be glaring at some imaginary spot in space with a sour look for 75 percent of the show

Keep going :D

Sunday Bloody Sunday won't be as good as the record.
I Will Follow will be too slow
One Tree Hill will be absent to spite Axver

Bono will change his clothes at some point(s) during the show

Edge will have a refrigerator-sized effects rack behind him, and a NASA control board at his feet

The band will mess up only to have Larry save them and get back on track.

Edge will play an acoustic guitar.

Bono will play a guitar, or at least pretend to.

Bono will be literally larger than life.

Edge will be the sweetest, kindest, most gentle, BADASS ever.

Larry will never age.

Adam will be groovy.

Bono will say "love" at least 10 times a show

Edge will hear a hat

Adam will move a total of 20 feet the whole show

Larry's facial muscles will never move

JMScoopy said:
Bono will say "love" at least 10 times a show

Edge will hear a hat

Adam will move a total of 20 feet the whole show

Larry's facial muscles will never move

Actually Adam's already changed that. At one of the gigs I went to, he made 2 full walkabouts on the ellipse.

++++++

I think he also adds a few small changes to New Year's Day in live versions. Listen to it on the Slane DVD, just before Bono gets a toilet paper streamer thrown at him.

++++++++

Put on a rock concert you'll still be telling your kids/nephews/neices about . ;)

Bono's guitar playing has been discussed many times before and there are many instances of Bono's guitar being very clearly heard.

But it seems some people think Bono's 'silent' guitar is a good joke.

Bono is so good at guitar playing that you can sometimes even hear him playing although his right hand is not touching the strings at all. :hmm:

Last edited:
mouth1.jpg

he does look like he is going to eat that face

Last edited:
you dont wanna mess with this mother fucker

corbijn-bono-large.jpg

god he used to be such a badass :drool:

you ever wonder how he came up with that face. what would be going through your mind when you looked in the mirror the first time and did that?

i imagine he was at the dentists office and he had to open his mouth wide so they could work on a back tooth, and he saw himself in a mirror and thought, this is a pretty good look

Headache in a Suitcase said:
well in the band fiction section of pleba they talk about bono eati... never mind...

:shifty:

its fan fiction, not band fiction :tsk:

:shifty:

Axver said:
Bono's guitar playing has been discussed many times before and there are many instances of Bono's guitar being very clearly heard.

But it seems some people think Bono's 'silent' guitar is a good joke.

I am accually a big fan of Bono's guitar playing. He does not just "wear guitar." People who say it is not turned up or not audible just don't know what to listen for. Being a guitar player myself, i know what Bono plays and i can distinguish it from Edge's guitar and the bass and drums.

If you listen to the Irving Plaza concert, during Desire, AIWIY, and One, Bonos guitar is accually as loud if not LOUDER than the Edge's. Also, if you look at the lovetown shows, Bono plays guitar on 80% of the songs. He is skilled guitar player and should play more on this tour. Here is what he should play and does play on this tour.

Should play on:

*ISHFWILF (acoustic)
*WOWY (acoustic)
ABOY (electric)
Crumbs (electric)
Dirty Day (electric, if they play it)

*- Like the good old days

What he does play on:

The Fly (electric)
One (electric)
Running to Stand Still (electric)
OOTS (electric)

* By the way, have you ever wondered what that sound during the transition of LNOE-> UTEOTW during Popmart Mexico City is?
It's Bonos guitar on some sort of sustain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom