The "Who's now going to Hawaii TWICE" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemon_vr6

Acrobat
Yes, it sucks that the tour is postponed. Yes, it is even worse that a band family member is sick.

There's always a bright side.

Who else now has a trip to Hawaii in April that's gonna have to be followed with another trip later in the year? Oh no, not Hawaii AGAIN. What ever will we do?

I wish I was that lucky! In my case we booked hotel and airfare separately and no car rental, so we can cancel the hotel and get our one night deposit refunded and take credits on the airfare. We're ready to go whenever another date is announced. Altho I'd rather the band take their time even re-scheduling. This is really sad news and my heart goes out to the band and their families.

Can you get a raincheck on the trip, or is it non refundable? Or go twice if you can afford it! Heck, I would (but I can't!)

I definitely don't have the $$ to go twice, but will reschedule this trip if the dates work (if September/October is true, then it should). Fortunately everything is re-schedulable/cancelable - normally I book Priceline on hotels but didn't this time, thank goodness!

Thank goodness I'm such a procrastinator and didn't buy a ticket, or hotel or anything but U2 tickets.

I'm just very distraught over the bad news is all. :sad:

I bought trip insurance so I would only be out $150 or so, but being a school teacher I can't just go whenever. It just happened that this was our spring break week. I think I knew it was too good to be true. :sad: So we are now trying to decide to cancel or go to Hawaii and have a vacation. However if it were just a vacation I would have choosen a different island. So unless it is rescheduled for summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter, I doubt we will be going to a concert.:sad:

Bright side for me is that instead of trying to sell my extra Hawaii ticket at a probable loss, I can now just turn it back to TM for a credit. Just have to decide which one...the GA or the seat!

Carek1230 said:
I wish I was that lucky! In my case we booked hotel and airfare separately and no car rental, so we can cancel the hotel and get our one night deposit refunded and take credits on the airfare. We're ready to go whenever another date is announced. Altho I'd rather the band take their time even re-scheduling. This is really sad news and my heart goes out to the band and their families.

Can you get a raincheck on the trip, or is it non refundable? Or go twice if you can afford it! Heck, I would (but I can't!)

I did the priceline thing, i'm going to Hawaii on the 6th, no matter what. No refunds. I'll definitely be going back for the new show date.

I really wanted to go in the first place but never made plans. However, if it ends up being in the fall, I'm getting married on Sept. 23 and we want to do a honeymoon.... :hmm:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I really wanted to go in the first place but never made plans. However, if it ends up being in the fall, I'm getting married on Sept. 23 and we want to do a honeymoon.... :hmm:

:lmao:

would love to be able to hang out with you again

this would be the upside to all of this nastiness that more people could save to go to this show in the fall - I know that there are a lot of extra tickets floating around

I had to cancel--the show was the only reason I was going. But I only had to pay a small penalty on my airline ticket b/c I booked it with miles and the hotel cancelled me without a penalty so I am not out any $$. If and when this gets rescheduled I am there.

nurse chrissi said:

:lmao:

would love to be able to hang out with you again

Likewise! :hug: Esepcially since I was in a terrible mood in St. Louis, I'm surprised you guys and the people in line at the box office put up with me!

I guess Hawaii could now be an option for me afterall. Of course, I have far greater concern for Sian. I had to stay home from school today, a stomach thing, even missed an exam and 5 hours at my internship. I think part of it was because I was so shocked last night. In a perfect world, everyone would be healthy and all my U2 friends would get their Hawaii gig as scheduled, but maybe once this gets sorted out I could look into going...

we're locked into going since we got a package deal with severe cancellation penalties this close to the date. we were always planning a week vacation and the concert was a bonus. although like faithingrace, we'd have probably gone to a different Island. ah well, our "problems" pale in comparison......

bringing the whole family again later in the year isn't really an option for one show.

now maybe AUS/NZ........

Last edited:
:sad: I am really sad to hear of the cancle, I hope there loved one gets better real soon. As for me I will have to pospone my trip because I am unable to afford to go twice. I can use my work vacation days anytime. I only had to cancle my flight, there was a fee, but the gave me a credit.

:hug: Congratulations on your wedding date Liv Luv

I notice that most of you are from the US so going to Hawaii twice isn't such a big deal.

Try coming from the UK, about 11,000 miles each way, about $3,500 dollars....

Oh, $450 for the tickets.

Don't get me wrong, of course I understand why it was\should be cancelled.

Doesn't mean I'm not disappointed (in the same way that I'm sure everyone wished that there was no illness and the concert was going ahead).

I didnt buy any airline tickets or booked hotels, however just yesterday I bought concert tickets from ticketmaster, can I be reembursed?

Screw it, I'm going! There are worse places to go in the world and Hawaii isn't one of them. I've never been to Hawaii and only staying 3 nights, so at least I have an extra day to enjoy the island.
Just heard the System of a Down show in L.A. is cancelled, that's 2 cancelled shows in 1 day, dammmit!

I was planning on going to Hawaii until mid-January when I unexpectedly had to make a cross country trip. I could not afford two big trips so close to each other.

I am very sad that the concert in April had to be postponed, but if it is resecheduled at some point, I will very seriously consider going then. I'll also have more vacation time, and more money saved up, so it could be a possibility.

Only time will tell.

I just hope that the guys take all the time they need to be with their families, and if they have to cancel the remaining concerts, there will always be another tour! :)

techfire said:
Let's see, I have tickets to Coachella and Opening Day for the Dodgers, I'm starting to worry.

Eek! It'll be interesting to see if anything happens with either of those other events. I am superstitious and swear by the things in 3's rule.

Thora, I am so with you. I am trying to be patient and wait for U2 to make an announcement and deal with whatever it turns out to be. I feel so sad though. And I am struggling with that old addage that things happen for reasons.....:|

i've been to hawaii many times as i have family there and there is SOME good news - airfares are usually MUCH CHEAPER in sept/oct. at least from the US. so if thats when they reschedule, fares shouldnt be too costly.

additionally - if you face fees to reschedule your flight and the new fare is cheaper its possible that you can get the airline to waive the change fee. never hurts to ask.

Carek1230 said:

Thora, I am so with you. I am trying to be patient and wait for U2 to make an announcement and deal with whatever it turns out to be. I feel so sad though. And I am struggling with that old addage that things happen for reasons.....:|

:up: I'm with you there, Carek. Hopefully all will work out well for everyone.

Carek1230 said:
Beware, thiings come in three's......hope you aren't looking forward to a 3rd concert! That just might be cancelled or postponed! :wink:

I sooo totally agree with you on that one!

Just recently my car broke down, thus preventing me from getting to important meetings. Then my computer died, thus preventing me from getting the work done for the meetings I couldn't get to. So, I just *knew* something was coming and then this recent debacle, over which I am far more upset about Sian than the show, happened.

The funny thing is... I had no car booked, no hotel booked, and my flight was $5.00, so the only thing I'd lose was frequent flyer miles... So, I almost decided to just not go, but then a :bow: friend of mine told me he was still going and had room for one more at this amazing resort on the North Shore and the price can't be beat! I weighed my options & decided to just go for it. I've always wanted to see Hawaii anyway and this is one of those once in a life time opportunities, y'know?

And, if they do postpone as late as Fall, well, I'm hoping that'll give me enough time to save up for Hawaii again AND maybe even Australia, too. *crosses fingers & toes* :D

Oh, and, Karen, I found this thread after I sent you a pm, so, yeah, one of my questions was answered here, lol. :p :reject:

Cheers,
Mel :cool:

Lucky you, Mel! Wish I had a cool friend like that cuz I'd be in Hawaii in a heartbeat. And yes, my heart is so broken over this whole ordeal, so I can only send positive energy, prayers and thoughts to U2 and families that they find the strength to get through this difficult time. (it sucks things in 3's, huh?!)

xtal said:
Thank goodness I'm such a procrastinator and didn't buy a ticket, or hotel or anything but U2 tickets.

I'm just very distraught over the bad news is all. :sad:

So there is a good side to procrastinating!
:up: :up:

Can't change or cancel my flight so I'm going. Flying from Sweden, just to see U2, with money I don't have (which means I don't even know if I can really enjoy a vacation in Hawaii without U2).
So I'm sad for everyone, Edge, myself and my dad, who has done everything to make this possible for me just because he knows how much it means to me to see the guys and what a tough year I have behind me.

I let a tear fall down my cheek for a lot of reasons but mostly for Edge's.

Given the circumstances, the band did the right thing of course.

That was my wife's Easter break so given the uncertainty of when / if the shows will be rescheduled the best course of action for us was to cancel the trip and get a refund on the tickets from TM. We are already going back to Maui in July on a family vacation.

We bought our package through Marriott and we got a partial refund and the balance in credit to be used towards future air travel. If the new dates work out, we will be there. Should not be a problem getting tickets for the concert after everything is all sorted out.

Prayers and thoughts are with Edge and his family.

I just got this from a friend in AU:

Nova just played sound bite from the Denton interview and the B-Man himself said they would be back and said, and I quote -"November"

There was no way I could've afforded an April trip or worked it into my teaching schedule. November is still a stretch, but if I'm diligent about saving (and can get over my issues with flying :sick: ), there's a small chance I could go.

I'd love to finally get to hang out with some Interferencers! I only met a few at the shows I went to in the spring and fall.

Back
Top Bottom