The "Who's now going to Hawaii TWICE" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe I can get money to go in November assuming they will sell a few more tickets. I couldnt go in April. Aerosmith canceled their New Hampshire show. Everyone is canceling shows....

SMB

:sigh: Oh , I hope that is true...I do not mind waiting...it is for a good reason. I am just hoping that they do not decide to cancle Japan and Hawaii dates. I keep hearing that they may. Does anyone know when they will anounce the Japan and Hawaii dates?

I have listened to the Denton interview twice now, and Bono assures their fans they will be back, and in Nov and will honor the shows that were postponed with re-schedule dates, with announcement as early as tomorrow (3/14) with the new dates. He thanked their incredible U2 fan base for bearing with them. It's a great interview actually! I had seen a separate quote that the U2 camp announced they would honor all 10 dates. Bono promises these shows to be absolutely phenomenal.

No way we could go in April, but November is doable. Hopped on E-bay last night and snagged 2 GA's - Aloha!!!! Fingers and toes are crossed until the formal "New Date Announcement".

Hawaii in November is definitely a possibility! I could never have afforded it so soon after my U2005 extravaganza, but November looks good right now!

leeannml said:
No way we could go in April, but November is doable. Hopped on E-bay last night and snagged 2 GA's - Aloha!!!! Fingers and toes are crossed until the formal "New Date Announcement".

How do you get the new tickets? Or do they just honor the current tickets on the new date? I'm also considering going now, but I read somewhere that TM will issue new tickets only to the people that bought them directly and they will have to get them to the people they sold to.

I'm pretty sure they just honor the old tickets on the new date. Logistical nightmare for TM to try and reprint all tickets sold. I guess we'll find out though!

I think so too, why would they reprint new ones and you could just use the old ones.:shrug:

Oh cannot wait to hear the announcement:hyper:

My amazing husband told me to look into Hawaii and the show if the dates are for November, almost fainted! Hes the bestest!

I love Hawaii. There is so much to do, especially if you are outdoorsy. I would recommend looking at some tour books and if you have the time and money looking into island hopping.

November is great for surfing, or watching surfing at Hawaii's North Shore. Off the Maui coast you can go whale watching. There is great snorkling and diving everywhere. And the Big Island is where the active volcanoes are.

Oh, and there is world class shopping on Oahu. Great Shopping :drool:

As for postponements, I had that happen for a Linkin Park show and used the same tickets. There was no re-issue.

Last edited:
Very cool, thanks for the postponement update. Can't wait to see Hawaii, we've never been and plan on making a vacation of it.

I was just about to book the trip when they announced it, luckily I didn't. I hope all is well soon, and will definitely book airfare when the new date is announced.

I am going to try and go to Hawaii twice.

I have to see U2 again but cannot wait to be on a beach in April!!

My roommate and I are looking for another roommate for April if anybody is interested.

We're staying at a cottage a block away from the beach. We're not in staying in Waikiki though!

I wish I could go to Hawaii twice. We are getting annual bonus checks today which is great news, but I am going to save it and postpone until the re scheduled Hawaii date is announced then make that a REAL NICE vacation!!!

dream chaser said:

And we're gonna hold him to it! :wink: :bonodrum:

Hee! :yes:

I'm getting one of my U2 psychic feelings that there will be some kind of news coming down tomorrow night. Not that it's always right, but... :D

<hoping late November rather than December>

Pop Artist said:

Hee! :yes:

I'm getting one of my U2 psychic feelings that there will be some kind of news coming down tomorrow night. Not that it's always right, but... :D

<hoping late November rather than December>

Sweeeet! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom