The weak link in the new DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nicodepiko said:
Oh no worries, I did go and I will.
But to be honest, it is rather strange isn't it.

not really... their show is still 945436% more entertaining than a lot of people who can sing.

Didn't anybody read the Rollingstone interview where he talks about his voice problems? I'd say we should be grateful that the man has any voice to sing with at all.

One thing that I do think that is strange, Bono writes songs that are really difficult to sing. SYCMIONO is a perfect example, and for me it is the worst part of the DVD because he murders it. I really do prefer the Boston DVD because I prefer Bonos voice, he does struggle from time to time but the songs in Boston are easier to sing, Kite, Gone, Newyork and I will follow all sound fantastic.

I enjoyed the DVD but I think Boston is far superior. A really big blow for me is that I really think that they ruined Streets. Streets has the most powerfull intro to any song i know, including non-U2. The whole africa thing just drained the energy away, and i found the whole coexist, get your mobiles out thing a little too much. Just shut up and amaze us with your music!

Is there aNNY possibility that they will release a 3rd leg dvd?

i mean, why wouldn't they? they've got the money, they can only make more money.

If not a dvd, will there be pro-shots recording available?

I watched that '60 Minutes' interview last night... really good. But those shots from Milan were incredible. When is that one coming out? So, I know I have commented on this before, but yet another weak link is that the Milan show looks awesome compared to the Chicago one.

Back
Top Bottom