The UNofficial: "I'm Happy with Vertigo 2005" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
The title says it all!!! The boys have brought out some really cool rare gems, the new songs sound great for the most part, esp. Yahweh and Love and Peace or else!!

The stage looks impressive after watching the u2.com video, the static pictures had me worried at first though!!

All i all, a successful first 2 shows, and the quality is only going up from here!!

I, for one, am delighted, especially in the setlists. The Electric Co., Gloria, An Cat Dubh, 40, Zoo Station, and everything else - it's a fan's dream! :up: and :rockon: to U2!

Maybe I shouldn't post anything (since I haven't been to the show yet) but from everything I've read and seen, it looks like a smashing success (of course, it's only two shows in). Setlist is fantastic, lighting, effects, stage...BAND!...i'm a supporter!

1) Great intro
2) "New" old songs
3) All the good stuff from Elevation tour (ellipse, standing GAs, intimate arena setting) are back.
4) Still 5 weeks before I need to buy scalped GAs for Chicago :)
5) Song-by-song updates on the internet
6) Bootlegs available within a few days
7) It's only the beginning...

No complaints here.

Last edited:
I think the setlist was incredible, Bono's voice is great, Larry doin' it all, great songs......U2//VERTIGO TOUR//2005 RULES!!!

amazing shows. im still on cloud nine. I walk around my house singing "yahweh....YAHWEEEEEEEH!"

lol! Someone did start a happy thread. I haven't even been to it yet, but listening to the CD, U2 sounds amazing, like they always do.

When they played The Cry/Electric Company and Gloria, it was like a flashback to the Red Rocks concert.

It was like they brought some of the best pieces of old tours back.

I loved the opener.

I'm able to separate shows from show to show. I don't compare these shows to Elevation. I go to enjoy myself.

I had a great time and can't wait to see the other shows I have tickets for.

But I have to wait until May 7th.

I couldn't be much happier with the set list. Considering the size of their back catalog, they are doing their best. You got a little of everything on there. Nice to see on the second show they've already moved acouple songs around. Very promising for whats to come. Lighting curtains will be fun to see.

In fact it all looks pretty good considering they are only two shows in. Once the GA thing gets worked out, this could be the best show of the year for me.

Last edited:
i haven't even seen the show yet, but i did hear vertigo (my least favorite song at the moment) and was totally impressed, so i know the rest of the songs must sound great, especially the "boy" classics.

october 29 is a looooong ways away.

Yay a positive thread!!

Not having seen a show, but having listened to both and seen pictures and video clips, I can honestly say that I am so damn proud of being a U2 fan

:yes:

I'm very into the new tour, I LOVE the stage design, LOVE the effects, LOVE the bead curtains, LOVE the setlists.

This is my first u2 tour as an "fanatic", seeing them at the Elevation tour made me one. I think this tour is going to be as good as Elevation, but when they get all their songs together and get the performance perfect, its going to be way better than it.

The first two shows were great but the 2nd was dream set list. Lighting was amazing. 2 shows down 4 more to go, cant wait.:wink:

What I've heard from the shows so far has been fantastic. The band, in my opinion, has never sounded better. They've been doing a lot of songs I wasn't expecting, and I can't wait to hear and see for myself.

I also think everyone has been doing a great job on here of sharing copies of the show and making sure everyone who wants one gets one. Thanks to those who've gone to San Diego and gotten their recordings and pictures on here. Keep 'em coming!

U2 fan101 got a boot copy of the first show to a local radio station...AND THEY PLAYED 4 SONGS IN A ROW OFF IT! I couldn't believe it! It's 97.3 the planet, and they are quickly becoming the best radio station I've ever heard because of stuff like this. They even gave him a shout out on the air!

The setlist rotation is a great idea...especially in the age of the internet. It gives everyone else a kind of "play along at home" feeling. Plus, you don't know what you are going to get, no matter how much you read the boards.

Back
Top Bottom