The Unforgettable Fire Live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sr99

Babyface
Since its the 60th anniversary of the Hiroshima/Nagasaki (Aug. 6 and 9) a-bombings do you think the band will play 'The Unforgettable Fire' at one of the next shows?

Miss Sarajevo is a surprise but not a huge stretch considering the timing when it was put into the setlist. Right before an official DVD shoot in Italy. Makes sense with the Pavarotti connection to the song. Plus the band was working on it for at least a week prior.

The Unf. Fire wasnt even rehearsed for this tour. Its not happening, at least not on the 2nd leg, and I doubt the third leg.

I seriously doubt it as well.

But, yet, I attend all the setlist parties with the hope that we would be blown away by something like this.

Blue Room said:
Miss Sarajevo is a surprise but not a huge stretch considering the timing when it was put into the setlist. Right before an official DVD shoot in Italy. Makes sense with the Pavarotti connection to the song. Plus the band was working on it for at least a week prior.

The Unf. Fire wasnt even rehearsed for this tour. Its not happening, at least not on the 2nd leg, and I doubt the third leg.
i never heard ANYTHING about it being reharsed either before or during the tour? all i am saying is no one could have even guessed it would have made ANY appearance this tour

U2@NYC said:
I seriously doubt it as well.

But, yet, I attend all the setlist parties with the hope that we would be blown away by something like this.
how can you actually be "blown away" unless your at the concert?

there the people that count no matter what set is played

KUEFC09U2 said:
i never heard ANYTHING about it being reharsed either before or during the tour? all i am saying is no one could have even guessed it would have made ANY appearance this tour

They worked on it several times during the Amsterdam soundchecks and a few show checks before Amsterdam prior to Miss Sarajevo being played in concert. My point is, if they havent even attempted it in a soundcheck, there is no way its being done at a concert anytime soon if at all.

KUEFC09U2 said:

:| KUEFC09U2, would you please stop being on peoples backs like this? It really gets on ones nerves. U2@NYC didn't write anything remotely negative about U2 or the concerts. What is wrong with wishing something to happen - even when you are not at the show?

You don't have to comment on every single post that you somehow find negative with the exact same remarks all the time.

You have to start trying to restrain yourself with all your defending because you've overstepped the mark several weeks ago. People in here are getting tired of it. I know I did, weeks ago.

Blue Room said:

They worked on it several times during the Amsterdam soundchecks and a few show checks before Amsterdam prior to Miss Sarajevo being played in concert. My point is, if they havent even attempted it in a soundcheck, there is no way its being done at a concert anytime soon if at all.
gotcha

U2Man said:

:| KUEFC09U2, would you please stop being on peoples backs like this? It really gets on ones nerves. U2@NYC didn't write anything remotely negative about U2 or the concerts. What is wrong with wishing something to happen - even when you are not at the show?

You don't have to comment on every single post that you somehow find negative with the exact same remarks all the time.

You have to start trying to restrain yourself with all your defending because you've overstepped the mark several weeks ago. People in here are getting tired of it. I know I did, weeks ago.

word.

U2Man said:

and do you always have to jump on my back everytime i make a post defending the band?

Are you two guys going to ruin a perfectly good thread, again? I thought you were going to ignore each other?

You've been warned so many times before that if this keeps going on, one day you're just going to wake up and not be able to post anymore. It's tiresome.

Sicy said:
Are you two guys going to ruin a perfectly good thread, again? I thought you were going to ignore each other?

You've been warned so many times before that if this keeps going on, one day you're just going to wake up and not be able to post anymore. It's tiresome.
listen sicy no disrespect, but you always seem to jump onto my back, look through some of the threads and see who is the one that responds to who,

block me if you like

KUEFC09U2 said:
and do you always have to jump on my back everytime i make a post defending the band?

I didn't. Because you weren't 'defending the band', really. That is only your imagination - because as I said, U2@NYC didn't 'attack' the band.

If you can't even post a harmless little remark like U2@NYC did, a remark that was actually positive in my opinion, without having KUEF on your back immediately, don't you think people will lose their interest in posting anything here?

I've read the threads, and frankly I dont care who starts what, but BOTH of you seem to just go back and forth on and on in perfectly good threads, ruining them.

In this particular thread, U2Man you addressed KUEFC09U2 for a post that he made to someone else. If he's not talking to you, it has nothing to do with you so why even adress him and start arguing with him? It has to stop, is the bottom line.

Sicy said:
I've read the threads, and frankly I dont care who starts what, but BOTH of you seem to just go back and forth on and on in perfectly good threads, ruining them.

In this particular thread, U2Man you addressed KUEFC09U2 for a post that he made to someone else. If he's not talking to you, it has nothing to do with you so why even adress him and start arguing with him? It has to stop, is the bottom line.
as i said sicy block me if you wish

KUEFC09U2 said:

KUEFC09U2, that is the whole point of the setlist parties, to hype up the setlist and discuss about it.

A setlist party would become rather dull if we do not even pretend to look forward to something new. The fact that I'm saying that I would love a suprise or two does not mean that I hate the stuff they are currently playing. Hell, if I had the money and the time, I would follow the band all over the world and would not give a damn if they played Vertigo 10 times in a row.

As U2Man posted repeatedly (thanks! :up: ), I did not intend to post anything negative about the band. Throughout my life I have very much enjoyed every single U2 concert I have been to, regardless of the setlist. Furthermore, I have yet to see an 'unhappy' or 'frustrated' face leaving any of these U2 concerts I was able to attend.

Therefore, I ask that you kindly not jump on top of every post thinking that Axver, U2man, myself or some other poster is implying that people are not enjoying U2 concerts.

There is a clear difference between enjoying a show and asking for another song to be played. U2 Die-hards like us will challenge the current setlist, complain about it and suggest changes, but that does not mean, in any way, that the U2 experience is not the best experience of them all.

KUEFC09U2 said:
as i said sicy block me if you wish

If you keep telling me to, I will, and then.. you'll be emailing me begging to come back. So why dont you just stop talking to U2Man and vice versa and everyone will be happy!

Sicy said:

Well, the answer to that question actually lies within what I wrote. It gets on my nerves to see him on people's back every single time they post something. Something that in this case, wasn't even negative.

And you said it had nothing to do with me? I'd have to disagree, because I am getting the exact same treatment - and so are a lot of people.

I understand that you may be frustrated, he may be frustrated, you guys dont get along, dont see eye to eye, etc. But you are both causing disruption in threads, on a daily basis and it just needs to stop. That's all I'm asking.

Alright....let's get this thread back on topic ...When was the last time UF was played at a U2 show?

U2Man said:
Alright....let's get this thread back on topic ...When was the last time UF was played at a U2 show?

It was played Jan. 6, 1990. I'm not sure if it was played after that date.

Axver, do you know? If you don't no one does.

sorry, I'm not Axver but I've just been checking too :wink: that is the last time it was played sadly! :(

I would love to hear this track again!

KUEFC09U2 said:

I will be keeping an eye on you when the next live DVD comes out, and I'll be waiting for you to say something 'Man, I was blown away...' :wink:

Even if it's simply a snippet it would be GREAT to hear.

I also heard that UF was rehearsed at the Dublin rehearsals in January 2001.

The subject of Walk On(Ang Sak Suki?) had her 60th birthday during one of the UK gigs and the WO was snippeted. Oddly, WO was heard in it's entirety several nights at the Vancouver Rehearsal in this march.

u2fp

I thought it was rehearsed early on. It's no more of stretch than An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart. There will be some new songs for the 3rd leg. It could be one of them.

cbradfly1 said:
I thought it was rehearsed early on. It's no more of stretch than An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart. There will be some new songs for the 3rd leg. It could be one of them.

Not sure where you heard that but its complete BS. Unf. Fire was not rehearsed for this tour. It was rehearsed for Elevation however. That was the last time they played it. Until they have worked on it in a soundcheck there is no way its coming (even then, there is not guarantee they will play it at a show). You people are kidding yourselves if you think otherwise. U2 doesnt break out songs off the cuff without any rehearsal at all very often. Unf. Fire is not an off the cuff type of song anyway. It would require sequencing and backing and would definately require some practice and rehearsing before being played.

So, YES, its a WAY bigger stretch at this point than An Cat Dubh. U2 decided early on they were going to look at most of the Boy songs and An Cat Dubh has been on the list and was rehearsed from the get go.

I can see Bono inserting some type of snippet though. But the full blown song isnt being done unless its soundchecked. My opinion on that is I think its highly doubtful they are even considering playing the full band song at this stage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom