The Ultimate Place to See them During 2nd U.S. Leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
As a former Propaganda member with two available nights to order tickets from, I'm wondering where to see them during the 2nd leg...I'm in LA but I'm thinking that a REAL road trip is in order... I was really thinking Vegas but that's not being offered...what's up with that?

NYC? - This will probably be amazing. Also think that this is where they'll shoot the live concert (assuming that there is one). Only wish they were going after Thanksgiving...NYC is amazing with Christmas in the air.

Miami? - Always good for a quick trip. And the weather should be nice.

Chicago? - Might be cold but always have fun there.

Boston - Could be a dream if the Red Sox are back in the playoffs.
The band always put on great shows there.

Omaha? Can really get too excited about that.

Portland? The last U.S. show but have never been there. Close to Christmas but that might be fun. How often has the band thrown in Christmas music?!

Thoughts anyone?

:wave: :rockon: :scratch:

Last edited:
Personally I'd go for NYC! Chicago would be great but as you say perhaps a little cold at that time of year.

Chicago at the end of September is normally somewhere in the lower 70's, so it's not that cold!

At this rate, I'm just praying that I'll be able to see them ANYWHERE on the 2nd US leg. :sad:

I am CRUSHED that there's no NC show listed.... I was all ready to buy the top dollar tix for that show because I wouldn't have to spend all my money in air fare &/or hotel rooms, seeing how I live in NC..... This was going to be the year that I finally saw them multiple times. Now it's looking very possible that I won't be able to see them at all. I'd love to catch NY or Boston, but those shows will go just as fast as last month - and I struck out then, too. I could still manage DC, Atlanta, and either of the Florida shows, but not if tix go on sale in the next week or so. DAMN!!

I'm sorry about rambling & whining so much. This was just soooo important to me & now I see it slipping away. Happy fuckin' Birthday to me, huh? (it's this Wednesday) :|

Portland should be great since it's the final North American show.
Also, isn't Portland the city where Bono was given back his lost lyrics for the October Album?

September in Chicago is 60s and 70s. Plus, you're *inside* the United center. Plus, Chicago is pretty much the greatest city of all time.

i'm really looking forward to Milwaukee. they played a hell of a show there in 2001.

Westport said:
They'll talk about the Omaha show for years to come!!

:hmm: :dancing: :rockon: :dance:

Yes, we likely will -- unless the Stones decide to drop in for their not yet announced, but ever so likely "401K Enhancement Tour", U2's presence in this town will be the biggest gig going back five years and forward many many years to come.

Portland - as i'll be home in Seattle on christmas break AND it's the last stop in the US! :D

Toronto maybe because i know lotsa people there!

NYC maybe because it's on a weekend.

Last edited:
Everyone travelling should head to Miami and/or Portland.
Stay as far away from Boston as possible, the shows there will suck, so leave the tickets to those of us from Massachusetts this time around please.

Staples Center on November 1st!!

and

Madison Square Garden on Monday Night!!!

With Thanks to Larry Mullen, Jr., it's for some dancing!!!

:wave: :D :lol: :dancing: :dance:

U2Girl1978 said:
What's it like in Chicago when they played there last tour?

It was Excellent....The United Center is one of the "loudest"
arenas, I've ever been in!! Not sure...why this is!!
Either, it's the space in the arena...or the people themselves, that make the difference!! The people tend to be "somewhat"
on the "rowdy" and "party" side.... which is great to have...when
you're at a rock concert, anyway!!

The weather is pretty mild..............
( mid 60s...in May / upper 60s - low 70s...in Sept. )
The arena temperature is usually "cool" at first, then tends to
get alot "warmer" as the evening progresses.
Whether you go in May or September.... you will not need to
bring a jacket.

1) Montreal. Loudest, wildest crowd there is.

2) New York. A prestigious and classic venue.

3) Boston. Lots of Irish people live there.

4) Miami. My Mammy. For weather purposes.

unosdostres14 said:
September in Chicago is 60s and 70s. Plus, you're *inside* the United center. Plus, Chicago is pretty much the greatest city of all time.

I think I'll have to agree. :wink:

Yeah, Montreal will be the best. I saw 10 Elevation shows and Montreal 1 and 3 were by far the best two, and it's not only because I am from Montreal...

Not only are we officially the loudest crowd in the world (Bono's words), but Edge said in an interview after Elevation that the Montreal crowd came close to the Slane crowd when ask about his favourite of the tour.

Plus, Montreal is without any doubt the coolest city in North America:wink: Although November will be pretty damn cold to line-up outside...

oceane said:

Plus, Montreal is without any doubt the coolest city in North America:wink: Although November will be pretty damn cold to line-up outside...

So when is U2 going to play at Club Super Sex?

won't they go back down after Portland and add Vegas and maybe more Pond shows? (wishful thinking) or is the 19 Dec. it since it's before Christmas? Those lists we had listed them as playing the MGM Grand, and why aren't they still, Vegas in Dec. is cheap, all the hotel rates are low, it's perfect for people to go to.

Won't many more shows be added on the weekend when the regular onsale dates are, just like the last leg?

Back
Top Bottom