The thing i loved about U2's performance,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
you could just see how humbled bono was to be playing wiith PMc, and how humbled he was to just open the worlds biggest concert,

U2, god spead and take this performance into vienna

KUEFC09U2 said:
you could just see how humbled bono was to be playing wiith PMc, and how humbled he was to just open the worlds biggest concert,

U2, god spead and take this performance into vienna

John Lennon would be very proud...

Hi guys, I dont have much time on the internet today so cant go through all the Live8 threads, can someone please tell me what songs U2 performed?
I saw the opener with PM and then I went out, just got back, and on my tape I found them playing Beautiful Day, is that it? Just curious if I missed a song. Most of the other band seem to play 2-4, why U2 only 2?
thanks for any info ..

U2SJ said:
Hi guys, I dont have much time on the internet today so cant go through all the Live8 threads, can someone please tell me what songs U2 performed?
I saw the opener with PM and then I went out, just got back, and on my tape I found them playing Beautiful Day, is that it? Just curious if I missed a song. Most of the other band seem to play 2-4, why U2 only 2?
thanks for any info ..
BD, vertigo, and one

Thanks KUEFC09U2..... I cant believe I missed it :(
So on VH1 and MTV did they just show BD?
Where can I see the other performances?

I loved how fresh the band looked. Bono looked especially fit. I felt really proud of them.:yes:

just wish they would have had the mics on the crowd when he done the hello hello part :(

oh well, unchained melody was very haunting

i only caught a replay of "Beautiful Day" but that was amazing. downloading the links right now....

So Coldplay are the New u2 then? sorry i must be watching a diffrent concert.

U2 Robbie and Floyd were all amazing. we need another robbie tour come to think of it.

But even audio (i od have video) u2's performance sounds energetic and impassioned. Maybe its because it was only 20 minutes they felt they could let total rip

it was a truly humbling experience to of been in Hyde Park on saturday.

amazing to see U2 / Maca open the show and then to see the 3 song set from U2 was just awesome. So glad that I got the chance to be there on saturday.

the whole day was a great experience and will live with me forever and nothing could detract me on the day.

nb: no mics on the crowd during Hello Hello part of Vertigo.... may of been more a case of the lack of the audience participating. A lot of people near me during the first 4 hours of the day seemed to be not interested in taking part.

yeah, i have watched 4 times now and its really an amazing performance!!

Sgt Peppers was great, Bono looked happy and humbled and Paul Mc Cartney sounded very good also

Beautiful Day/Blackbird was beautiful, the white doves part was lovely. Bono should have said "After the flood all the white doves came out" because they were released in that moment. Maybe he forgot it.......

Vertigo was incredible, the "give us what we f...want" line was cool

and One, wow! what a magnificent version! Bono's speech was very moving, the unchained melody finale brought tears to my face, especially at the end: "God speed your love to.....Africa"

Amazing! Amazing U2 performace

Back
Top Bottom