The Screen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
Absolutley awesome

Especially during Yahweh when they show 'the city' -i didnt even think such graphics were possible..yet so simple

Anyone have clips of all the sceens they used for the show?

The crappy light curtains dont sound so cool now eh?

i loved the yahweh video sequence, i thought the whole zoostation-fly sequence was ace aswell

And I'm totally fucking pissed we aren't getting this screen for the US 3rd leg. I haven't been too terribly impressed with the presentation of the first leg and since they've already sold behind the stage seats I'm guessing we will go back to the ole curtain lights.

maybe we will get an indoor version or a more-advanced light show in the fall..... and if we are really lucky we may get an outdoor leg next spring per Paul McG's quote that U2 would extend its tour in the VH1 Special.

The screen... :drool:

If the US gets an outdoor leg, U2 better go play Australia and Japan and South America and friggin AFRICA first. Three legs for the US is just plain unfair.

but...the screen...:drool:

Got some nice shots of that incredible screen at Hampden last night.

Pride.jpg

Zoo_Station07.jpg

Oh and Edge just happens to wander in front of one too LOL

Amazing!

About the screen indoors... Wouldn't be so great for people with tickets behind the stage would it?? :wink:

Can't wait to see it in real life in Oslo and Gothenburg...

Another question becaus I don't find the thread with the comparision between the Vertigo Screen and the Popmart Screen.

Why do they not use a normal screen? It think that the resolution is much higher and the people that are near to the screen can also see everything. A question to the experts.

I know bono visited the place where this was made (Barco Belgium :wink: ) and he was he was shown these novelties, the only q he has was 'is this ever been used before?" the answer was No, his reply: "So we'll be the first to show this to the world"

it had to be something new, they don't want to repeat themselves.

as for the ppl in front of the stage, they get the best view anyhow, so why would they look at the screens at all??

I dont think you get a good view of them eitherway if you are too close (normal screen or this one)

the euro screen IS fantastic but....much of the time it is unlit and that creates a very grey background. Wherever in the stadiums I was, (3 different places) I could barely make out the band as they sank into the grey background. When it was turned on, you tend to look at the screen. 1st leg screens were better as they were very high up, not very deep and they didn't detract from the band. I would have enjoyed the band just as much without the lightshow. Streets was equally as exciting in the US.

this could be well so, but I think the reason they dont use it earlier is because it's still clear out.
I would prefer it to be dark too when they take the stage, damn summertime :der:

In Brussels it was a darker a bit earlier in the show because they could start half an hour later than in other places.
Curfew here was at 23.30

Back
Top Bottom