The Red Sox shirt "Scandal"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DubbalinGirl

The Fly
Today on local news in Boston, they reported that the guy who gave Bono the Sox shirt on Monday night never got it back. So now he's taking his case to the press in the hopes that they can return it to him autographed to make up for the inconvenience of not getting it back. He claims security told him Monday night that they'd give it back to him on Tuesday, but that never happened. And yes, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you too.

This is assumption of the risk, dude. You gave it away, what in the world made you think you'd get it back? Duh!

I was going to post my opinion of this "scandal" but this dork, or someone that knows this dork, may read the boards and I wouldnt want to hurt his stupid feelings, so I'll pass...

:wink:

ouizy said:
What a mass-hole.

actually he's from NH

The shirt off Bono's back
Memo to Bono: Ryan O'Connor wants his Red Sox jersey back!
The Londonderry, N.H., high school teacher said he was in the front row during last week's U2 show at the Garden and Bono spotted the Sox shirt he was waving around.
``He saw it, walked back to the drum set, took his jacket off, and walked over to me and I threw it to him,'' O'Connor told us. ``I knew the place would erupt and it definitely did. It was amazing. And when Larry (Mullen) put it on and walked off, it was a U2/Red Sox fan's dream come true.''
After the show, Ryan asked some of Bono's peeps if he could get the shirt back – autographed. They promised to give it to him at the show the next night but never did.
``It would be a dream come true to get the jersey back signed like I was promised,'' O'Connor said. ``I don't fault U2 – in my eyes, they're perfect. But all my students have asked if I got it back. I'd love to tell them, `Yes!' ''

Ah well, at least he's not actually complaining or calling it an inconvenience... Ok, I take my previous catty post back :wink:

I was, actually, standing right next to him that night. He had a marker with him and asked the security guard about getting it back. The security guard took his marker and took down his information and told him that he would do what he could about getting it back. So, yes, I can confirm that he did talk to the security and was told he would get it back.

If I had a Red Sox jersey that both Bono and Larry wore, I would want it back for that reason (forget that it is a Red Sox jersey).

Oh absolutely, it would be great to have it back. And from reading the actual article it is cute and normal behavior. It is just that the initial post made it seem like he was bitching up a storm.

njelevation06 said:
Bono still has my USA flag bandana from one of shows ... you dont see me bitchin'

Well, I dont' think your USA flag bandana cost $100+ dollars either. It wasn't a t-shirt. Those jerseys are on the pricey side...besides, I don't think he was particularly out of line (and yes, this is coming from a fellow New Hampshireite). He just said it'd "be a dream come true to get it back, signed." It's not like he's saying he's going to send a bill to the band to replace the shirt. He should get it back though. That'd be like Bono not giving that person's cell that he called Gavin Friday on back. If Bono was making the effort to ask him for the shirt (which it sounds like he was, taking his jacket off and coming back over to where the guy was) then it should be expected that he'd get the shirt back. If the guy was just some nut who threw it up on stage and it was swiped by a security gurard (like all the flags and sstuff people throw up there) then I would say, you get what you get, pal.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
figures he's from friggin new hampshire...

hey... live free or die baby...

....and be the only state without seatbelt laws...

Live free AND die, baby! :wink:

I think this guy is just bored and pissed now that the Red Sox are out of the playoffs :madspit:

Go White Sox!!

Well, the irony of it all is this: He and Larry wear a Red Sox jersey and the team ends up losing three straight. I was there in the ellipse and, at the time, thought it was a wonderful moment...especially watching Larry 'Can We See You Smile Just ONCE?' Mullen grab the jersey at the end and walk off stage.

The traveling circus that is Vertigo then went 200 miles to the south where Bono decides that it would be a swell time to break out the New York Yankees garb in a 'When in Rome' sort of way. Tee times are now arranged for said Bronx Bombers.

Message to Bono: Please refrain from wearing a New England Patriots shirt when you come back in December.

Chris in 'friggin' New Hampshire

NHChris said:
Message to Bono: Please refrain from wearing a New England Patriots shirt when you come back in December.
I second that!! :eek: Bono's a jinx!

And he stole my purple Sharpie that afternoon...he's a kelptomaniac jinx! :laugh:

Chizip said:
at least he didnt tell you to put your fucking sharpie away :wink:

:lmao:

bono's such a jerk, throwing cell phones and stealing jerseys...we should totally boycott U2, let's burn all their albums.

and i mean with fire, not make copies of them. DAMN THE DIGITAL AGE.

figures he's from friggin new hampshire...

hey... live free or die baby... if ya didn't wanna lose your jersey, you shouldn't have thrown it on the stage.

dick.
Read more carefully Headache, his name is Ryan, not Dick.:wink:

I think its funny that the article says he wants his shirt back from Bono...barking up the wrong tree Ryan (or Dick if thats your nickname), I'm thinking Larry kept it.

phanan said:

:madspit:

It's better than friggin Long Island...

if you're a big fan of trees and goats then yea... ya got me.

i served my sentance in new hampshire (where i went to college)... not looking to go back any time soon.

it's, uh, pretty though.

and yes hewson, his nickname is dick. is real name is richard ryan :wink:

and whoever said that bono wore yankee stuff in new york... perhaps i was drinkin' too much, but i went to all 4 shows this weekend, and i don't recall him doing such a thing. perhaps i'm mistaken :shrug:

for now, we'll just say the sawks were struck down by the curse of the bonbino...

if you're a big fan of trees and goats then yea... ya got me.

i served my sentance in new hampshire (where i went to college)... not looking to go back any time soon.

it's, uh, pretty though.

Central and Northern NH are not exactly the same as Southern NH, you know. It's essentially an extension of Massachusetts now.

And I was born on Long Island and have family there, and I have to suffer every time I visit due to all the stiffs that live there.

I'll take the NH seacoast area. But hey, knock yourself out.

I'll bet this guy ends up getting the jersey back all signed with tickets for one of the December shows now...

^Completely DISAGREE.. God's Country is most definitely Arizona, Colorado, Utah.....wilderness and desert areas, underneat a desert sky.........just like the song is written

Back
Top Bottom