The Price of 1 ticket ....... think about it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afc1903

Babyface
More than £20 for your subscription to u2.com, £55 for your ticket (cheapest one) plus £19 booking fee!! So 1 ticket costs more or less £100!!!

I heard US tickets were only $49.50 for GA, that's only abou £25! European rip off!!!

afc1903 said:
More than £20 for your subscription to u2.com, £55 for your ticket (cheapest one) plus £19 booking fee!! So 1 ticket costs more or less £100!!!

I heard US tickets were only $49.50 for GA, that's only abou £25! European rip off!!!

Thats for GA which is only about 10% of tickets. The rest are being sold at $95 and $160 in the USA.

And Bono has no control over ticketmaster fees now does he?

:eyebrow:

Ticketmaster are arses, and we all know it.

The subscription to U2.com was optional...

And yes, tickets are more expensive than in the U.S., I have nothing for that moan... :wink: :shrug:

Of couse Bono has control over the ticket prices U2 decide how much they want and this has a direct push on down the line through promoters, ticket agencies, venues and its you and me who pay. Everyone is getting greedier ever year as the number of acts who can tour and make a profit diminishes. The biz has been waiting to for U2 to tour for two years as they know they can really take this piss.

If this was the Manic Street Preachers or Coldplay they would not take this piss with the prices like they have hear, but because of the demand for U2 they think fuck em they will pay. Wait till you get to the gig and pay £30 for a t-shirt and £10 to park your car going to the gig will cost you another £55.

They will justify the apple hook up by saying they need to sponsor the tour because of the high cost of touring and then they jack up the prices. These days with Clear Channel and Ticketmaster there is no competition within the business so again they can take the piss.

Its just another example of the music biz over charging. Then when we go and download music for free or we decide not to go to gigs they moan about it.

I didn't say Bono didn't have any control over ticket prices, I said Bono had no control over Ticketmaster fees... big difference...

And honestly, I have no clue what the price difference is in Europe for this tour vs. Elevation, but the price difference here in the U.S. is REALLY reasonable 4 years on...

As far as merchandise, I don't know... If something is too expensive, I just don't buy it... I mean, I would if someone put a gun to my head and told me to, but otherwise

:shrug:

I am not a head bobber, I make up my own mind about things, I am far from a "wheeeeeeeee, ra, ra, ra the glass is full you guys! look at the cheery bright side" kind of person, but I certainly come off that way in comparison to a great percentage of the people here... U2 cannot be everything to everyone... No matter what they do, when they do it, or how they do it someone will be pissy about it... Sometimes I wonder why they even bother with us...

Oh right, they bother cause they are greedy bastards that only want to get in our pocketbooks. Forgot.

Getting off my soap box now

:wink:

Miroslava said:
Sometimes I wonder why they even bother with us...

Oh right, they bother cause they are greedy bastards that only want to get in our pocketbooks. Forgot.

Getting off my soap box now

:wink:

Kinda answered your question didnt you? :wink:

Its all about money. Everything is...

Bands make more money touring than they do on album sales. Yes there are those times when they get over their heads like the cost of popmart and the profit line shrinks. But its always going to be about money. if it wasnt they'd tour around on that flatbed truck to all 13 US cities and serenade us with the sounds of their new music. holding out collection cups as they ride by gathering debt relief for 3rd world countries :ohmy:

i could not get GA, only $165 for LL?
that is absurd... feck off... i paid $175 for 2nd row seats 1 and 2 next to the catwalk on zootv...

Bette Midler was $250 a ticket for almost everything where you could actually see her, so U2's prices for the greatest rock band of all time is par for the course, and actually they could have gone $250 for GA, and the world would have paid it. Celine Dion is $250 a ticket in Vegas to actually be able to see her as well.

For most working people, it means you just do without something else, whereas concerts used to be affordable, now they're a luxury, but at least U2 left the floor at 1980's prices.

bonoed said:
Bette Midler was $250 a ticket for almost everything where you could actually see her, so U2's prices for the greatest rock band of all time is par for the course, and actually they could have gone $250 for GA, and the world would have paid it. Celine Dion is $250 a ticket in Vegas to actually be able to see her as well.

For most working people, it means you just do without something else, whereas concerts used to be affordable, now they're a luxury, but at least U2 left the floor at 1980's prices.

those other prices you reference are asinine as well... "1980's prices"? who in the hell was charging 50 bucks for GA in the 80's?... "for most working people" well as a dual M.D. family, we don't go without anything but these prices are ridiculous and insulting...

i had GA for chicago in my basket hit checkout... tm give's me an error... and the screen goes dead... now my f'in password says it is no longer valid... what a sham....

Back
Top Bottom