The Official "Whos' Not Going to Hawaii " Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's Not Going to Hawaii?

• Not Going...and you're planning on jumping off the nearsest roof because it may be they're last tour

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Not Going and miserable?

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Not Going and fine with it?

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • Going? (i.e., you SUCK!)

Votes: 17 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

popbellydancer

Refugee
Here's the thing...I'm miserable right now because all I wanted this entire tour was to make it to a stadium show with no lottery BS....and after having been at the last Elevation show in Miami and having such special memories from that night with all of my friends, I know how important the final date of the tour can be for us die-hards!:dance: :rockon: That said, there is no way in hell that I can afford to go to Hawaii.:sad: As of right now, literally every U2 fan that I'm either friends with or at least know of quite well, are going to be there with the exception of my boyfriend Jesus Matt, my best friend Edgeypooh Kim and (last I heard) Otto! The overwhemling feeling that this may (despite what Willie Williams had to say) be they're final tour is also contributing to making me NUTS!!!:scream: :combust:

So anyway...since I hadn't seen it posted anywhere else (sorry if I'm wrong about that) I thought I'd start a thread for all of us who CANNOT make it to Hawaii for whatever reason and are depressed the closer the show gets!! Along with a poll to see if I should be as miserable as I am or if if we're all in the same boat...which is NOT on it's way to Hawaii...

Discuss....

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn't even want to go to Hawaii. Why go to Hawaii when I can go see U2 on Saint Patrick's Day in the city of One Tree Hill instead?

Axver said:
Personally, I wouldn't even want to go to Hawaii. Why go to Hawaii when I can go see U2 on Saint Patrick's Day in the city of One Tree Hill instead?

point taken....i would probably prefer that if hawaii weren't the last show. if i had endless money i'd definately go down under and to japan as well!!

i personally have little to no desire to go to this show

9 shows was more than enough for me

I've heard that Last Night On Earth will be played at the Hawaii show as a special surprise at the last show of the tour.

If I had the $$$, I would be there. (Sigh) It's somewhere I've always wanted to go, and to see U2 there... It would truly live up to its reputation as Paradise. However, it's NOT the last tour, and I'm going to see them again in a few years, I am sure... not jumping off any tall buildings.

Chizip said:
i personally have little to no desire to go to this show

9 shows was more than enough for me

Ditto, 5 was good for me plus the Brooklyn Bridge show last year :up:

Although it would be nice to see most of you again!

Not worried about missing Hawaii in the least.
Is the show even sold out at this point?

if it was to be there last tour, then the band wouldnt even be discussing the next one with willie, or talking about the next album for that matter,

but back to the topic, i would LOVE to be there, but unfortunatley, it would be well to expensive

WildHoneyAlways said:
I'm not going and I'm okay with it. It's not so much the concert I'd be missing out on but the fun to be had by those going. :wink:

I have to say I'm almost as excited to meet up with everyone there as I am about the show itself. Plus the location is fantastic - I doubt I'd be going if U2's last show of the tour was someplace cold - as it is I get a nice vacation out of it as well

plus I get to see Kanye West the next night

(prepares to duck for things being thrown my general direction)

nurse chrissi said:

I have to say I'm almost as excited to meet up with everyone there as I am about the show itself. Plus the location is fantastic - I doubt I'd be going if U2's last show of the tour was someplace cold - as it is I get a nice vacation out of it as well

plus I get to see Kanye West the next night

(prepares to duck for things being thrown my general direction)

Your avatar
:scream:

It would've been nice to see the band outside for the first time in nearly 9 years, but I'm more bummed out about missing Rocko and the Devils. I'm sure it's going to be a hell of a night! :rockon:

i would love to be able to catch any show of the 4th leg...last summer just seems so far away. :sad:

though i dont think that the hawaii show will be anything "special" (even being the last show of the tour...U2 usually don't make a big fuss bout it. and let's be honest, there are cooler locations on the 4th leg), i would love to go just to catch a final show!

I'm not going and I'm fine with it. Saw'em 5 times this tour so that's good. If they were playng Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver and I wasn't going I might be a bit pissed but Hawaii was never even considered so it doesn't bother me a bit. Don't get me wrong I'd love to go but you can't go to all the shows. I do have a freind from Calgary who's going. her brother got her tickets.

I'm very sad that I can't go. I was planning on making the trip, but then something happened that made me have to cancel. It's sad, but it's not the end of the world. I'll just catch them the next time they go on tour!

It would have been incredible to go to Hawaii to see my favourite band, and it also would have been so sweet to see Rocko and the Devils. I'll be hanging out at the setlist party though!

If I had hit the big Mega Millions lottery prize the other week, you'd better believe I'd be seeing them in Hawaii. :wink:

I saw U2 five times in three different cities this tour -- which was four or five times more than I thought I would. So I'm happy.

I also don't believe the rumors about this being the last show of the last-ever tour.

a couple of buddies and I were going to make the trip but.... after seeing how expensive the flight ticks are, forget it, not in my budget. I wanted to cath the stadium version of Vertigo. Oh well, it sucks but, I'll live another day.

Back
Top Bottom