The Official "Whos' Not Going to Hawaii " Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's Not Going to Hawaii?

• Not Going...and you're planning on jumping off the nearsest roof because it may be they're last tour

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Not Going and miserable?

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Not Going and fine with it?

Votes: 59 51.8%
  • Going? (i.e., you SUCK!)

Votes: 17 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not going...but i will live :)...oh sure a part of me wishes i could go but no holiday time and not within my budget...:shrug:....

To everyone who is going hope you all have a wonderful time :dance: :)

WildHoneyAlways said:
I'm not going and I'm okay with it. It's not so much the concert I'd be missing out on but the fun to be had by those going. :wink:
Exactly...there are a lot of people going that I'd like to meet, and some of my Vertigo 05 buddies will be there. I'm mostly sorry I'm missing the party!

I'm going.
:reject:
Good times with friends in
a tropical setting & a nice
warm long weekend. :up:
This makes 6 shows for me
none of which I afforded....
all on credit :|

Those not going have a nice
fun setlist party here and
you all know those of us
who are going will bring
back stories, pics, etc. to
share. THAT is the true
beauty of being a U2 fan
in a U2 community like
Interference-land. :dance:

*qualification to my "miserable" vote* :wink:

I've :loved: Hawaii since i was a kid. And I've already visited 2x's my other most loved place {nature-wise] in the USA ...The SouthWset {In God's Country :drool: so amazing} {yes this IS a u2 post}.

what has come between me & hawaii...?
1] severe [& very pre 9-11] plane/flying phobia last flight late 80's
2]poverty [NOT destitution] mid 90's onward

with #1 even money wouldn't BE enuff to get me to Hawaii......
i am using a certain set of psychological processes to get over this phobia so MAYBEEE by the time i HAVE $$$ again :yes: i CAN get on a long flight......<. I want to visit The Pyrimids too!>

BUT U2-- if someone 'gifted' me with flight/hotel $$$$ and of course A TIX......
I'd beg my doc for a tranq {can't use booze} b/c i have begun to slowly lower my phobia and GOOOOOOO!!!!
U2 IS the ONLY addtioonal AMAZING enough counter-phobia aspect - that would get me to Hawaii IF i had all the above :D

Now since I was VEEERRYYYYY :hyper: Lucky to have CAUGHT the Live Buenos Aries GIG#2 on thurs night Sound AND TV feed thanks to INF Setlist posters esp VIVIAN :hug:....

......i for the moment don't feel as bad as i did last week reading about all the SA gigs......that Hawaii for me was "les impossible"

and sure i'd have loved to have met up with more INF friends........ i did meet some :hug: last year here in NYC!

so we'll see how I feel 4/8 ....:wink:

I WILL try for the HAwaii stream here at InF ! :drool:

Last edited:
mirrorballman said:
i would love to be able to catch any show of the 4th leg...last summer just seems so far away. :sad:

though i dont think that the hawaii show will be anything "special" (even being the last show of the tour...U2 usually don't make a big fuss bout it. and let's be honest, there are cooler locations on the 4th leg), i would love to go just to catch a final show!

"U2 don't usually make a big fuss bout it?" ....um, did you see the miami elevation bootleg?!?!

while it's true, that it's about the party and the experience with your friends.... the fact that miami was one of the best shows i've seen might make me a little bias!!:wink:

Hey Melissa..... I am really bummed out I am not going to Hawaii either. Purely a financial decision unfortunately. I am really bummed about it. But, at the same time I do have 8 NZ and OZ shows coming up.... woohoo! Plus I think Sydney will be the highlight of the tour, so it will be a good note to end on. There seems to be way too much drama in USA anyway. But to be honest that was probably mostly to do with tickets and the lottery. And i know you hated the lottery. I will say 'hi' to Alison for you if I see her. Haha. Bummer you and Matt can't make it to Oz. I am sure I will see you guys at the first show next tour though. Amy from Oz.

Im not going to Hawaii even though I would love to. Am I envious of those going? Yes I am. However I hope they have a great time! Have a few drinks for me please Carek :wink: May not be able to make this show but the next tour I am there! :hyper: Can't complain I got to see them twice on the Vertigo tour so Im happy.

I was going to go to Hawaii but for financial reasons I can't make it. Am I bummed? Yea of course but it's not the end of the world. I've seen them enough times this tour and when they tour again I'll be there. :)

Me neither!!:sad:

But I did go to every UK show 2 Croke Park shows ,Madrid and two Boston shows in December so I havent done that badly.
In any case its just too far from the UK and way too expensive just for 1 gig I think I would rather go to OZ if I had the choice.

I'll just wait for them to play Camden in London after the Hawaii show is a distant memory!!:wink:

No money and no vacation time to spare. :sigh: I would LOVE to be there, but knowing that there isn't the vaguest chance makes me relax a bit, as it is beyond my control. I also feel very fortunate to have gone to 10 shows on this tour, so I will survive....somehow. :wink:

popadoodledoo said:
Hey Melissa..... I am really bummed out I am not going to Hawaii either. Purely a financial decision unfortunately. I am really bummed about it. But, at the same time I do have 8 NZ and OZ shows coming up.... woohoo! Plus I think Sydney will be the highlight of the tour, so it will be a good note to end on. There seems to be way too much drama in USA anyway. But to be honest that was probably mostly to do with tickets and the lottery. And i know you hated the lottery. I will say 'hi' to Alison for you if I see her. Haha. Bummer you and Matt can't make it to Oz. I am sure I will see you guys at the first show next tour though. Amy from Oz.

AMY!!!! wow, i thought i heard through the grapevine that you were going...i hate to say, but it makes me feel a little better to know that we aren't the only ones in the extended group (um, how do i say without sounding elitest...ur...the longtime group of yours and ours etc..) to not be going! sorry to hear you can't make it tho. i have to say i really wanted to go to oz more than hawaii at first, but just can't afford plane tix...(i know you'd put us up) hehe:wink: anyway, please keep in touch and lemme know how those shows are! i need to get your email....i'll ask otto! do you think there will be another tour....matt and otto don't seem to...so they're stressing me out, which is why i'm even more upset about not going, cuz i've got them telling me they that this is their last tour...

oh well...ttyl

ps kick alison for me!!:madwife: haha, she won't be there tho....jason said she wasn't at any of the european shows he saw.

pps you need to be a premium member (i can't believe i don't have your email addy after all these years) so i can send you private messages instead of writing them out for all to see!!

Last edited:
popbellydancer said:
do you think there will be another tour....matt and otto don't seem to...so they're stressing me out, which is why i'm even more upset about not going, cuz i've got them telling me they think that this is their last tour...

I'd love to hear why they think that.

Hey, I could have sworn I read something that looked like DONE!
And now it's not there anymore.

Clearly a sign that it's time for me to go to sleep.

Last edited:
Axver said:
Personally, I wouldn't even want to go to Hawaii. Why go to Hawaii when I can go see U2 on Saint Patrick's Day in the city of One Tree Hill instead?

I would prefer that over Hawaii any day :drool:

Axver said:
Personally, I wouldn't even want to go to Hawaii. Why go to Hawaii when I can go see U2 on Saint Patrick's Day in the city of One Tree Hill instead?

I hated having to choose between them, so I'm doing both.:wink:

Well I have my Metallica committments starting in 11 days in South Africa and planning on attending a few Pearl Jam shows like D.C, Vegas, East Rutherford and Cleveland, maybe Philly and Boston, and Foo Fighters acoustic dates if it happens in May and later in the summer/early fall electric shows.

Please check out my new signature picture of the homeless bum. This was taken at one of the corners near Madison Square Garden. Enjoy.:drool:

Last edited:
Luckily, it looks like U2 is not going to play Mofo this tour. If they did, I'd probably have to sell myself on the streets to get a ticket to Hawaii :/

so no, I'm not going.

I'm not going to Hawaii either, my local radio station have been running a competition through a car dealer. You had to go to the dealer and then get an entry to play 'table football' of all games to win a competition to go see U2 live in Hawaii, would have been great but I don't know how to play the bloody game!!! Very unfair comp IMO.... :(

table football? what the.......? damn straight that's not fair! it should be something U2 related like trivia or song lyrics, name that U2 tune.....anything but table football! :eyebrow: :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom