The Official: North America got Fucked Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chizip said:

you must love it too since your name is "The Fly" :giggle: :rolleyes:

and Edge has said he'd love to go back and rework every album if he could

Keep trying to skirt the FACT that even in the last few months they've stated numerous times how POP wasn't nearly all it could've been and that it didn't translate at all the way it was intended to.

Denial isn't going to change the fact that not only were the fans disappointed in Pop but the band even more so.

JR#9 said:
Keep trying to skirt the FACT that even in the last few months they've stated numerous times how POP wasn't nearly all it could've been and that it didn't translate at all the way it was intended to.

Yep, you're right. They have stated that. So what. Big fat hairy deal.

Have you ever considering then when they say they were disappointed with Pop maybe they really mean that it should have been MORE experimental? :cool:

This thread has turned into a mini forum all its own. Interesting...

(Tkramer plucks thread up and takes it to his laboratory for further testing...)

tkramer said:

(Tkramer plucks thread up and takes it to his laboratory for further testing...)

Yes it does sometimes happen around here. Part of what makes the place interesting. :lol:

actually its just Bono recently who has been saying he was disappointed with Pop

unfortunately i think Bono does judge an albums success by its sales. i have a feeling if it sold a few million more albums we wouldnt be hearing Bono saying how he wish they had more time to finish it. the "not having enough time" is a cheap excuse Bono uses to justify poor album sales.

Last edited:
tkramer said:

This morning I was going to write about stadium vs. arena, and now I have to write about Pop, experimental music and K-mart, AND I have to make fun of other people's names at the same time (I know, mine's the lamest)!!

Let's also start discussions on GA policies, setlist changes, and Coldplay in this thread....:wink:

Chizip said:
unfortunately i think Bono does judge an albums success by its sales. i have a feeling if it sold a few million more albums we wouldnt be hearing Bono saying how he wish they had more time to finish it. the "not having enough time" is a cheap excuse Bono uses to justify poor album sales.

No, no, see you're obviously just in DENIAL!! :wink:

Utoo said:

This morning I was going to write about stadium vs. arena, and now I have to write about Pop, experimental music and K-mart, AND I have to make fun of other people's names at the same time (I know, mine's the lamest)!!

Let's also start discussions on GA policies, setlist changes, and Coldplay in this thread....:wink:

:hyper:

Let's!

financeguy said:

No, no, see you're obviously just in DENIAL!! :wink:

ok youre right, pop and popmart sucked

there, now i feel like a better u2 fan

what was the point of this thread again?

Last edited:
Utoo said:

It seems like discussions about Coldplay have been started in just about every forum. The great battle: Coldplay vs. U2!There's not enough room for both! :wink:

Utoo said:

:lol:

Chizip said:
the "not having enough time" is a cheap excuse Bono uses to justify poor album sales.

Chizip, I have to respectfully disagree. While I did enjoy Pop, you can see that the "not enough time" issue was evident both in the disjointedness of the album (Zooropa had more flow) and the fact that the first several shows of the Pop tour were an absolute mess.

"Not enough time" can again be seen in this current tour----Larry's said how the fact that the tour was on, then off, then on again is the main reason the whole TM fiasco happened. There are even rumors that the entire first leg stage setup was a makeshift contraption that was nowhere near what they were originally planning--but it was all they could do because of the short amount of time they had. .........which is why I think that North America really lucks out---in the third leg we're going to get a refined, rockin' show that has the best parts of the Eurigo leg and is much edgier than it was on the first leg.

The boys are perfectionists, and while I think they would love to have more time to tinker with just about everything, I definitely buy into the "not enough time" argument about Pop.

p.s.--Chizip, you've been everywhere on these boards in the last few weeks!

Last edited:
i'd respond to your post but im worn out :wink:

i think we need the european leg to start to distract us

the natives are getting restless

I'd just like to add that the Twickenham show on June 18th 2005 in London sucked shit from a dead cow's arse.

:wink:

tkramer said:

Oh ROFLMAO!!!

achtung y'all said:

In your opinion. A lot of people I know who saw Zoo TV recall their experiences based on the huge spectacle that was the Outside Broadcast not the Inside Broadcast and the stadium shows were more memorable and impressive.

I was at Zoo tv outdoor indoor and popmart and the indoor was a far better experience for me. The stadium shows I could barely see what was going on with binoculars. I may as well have been watching it at home I was so far from any action.

I hope that Europe gets some great shows. They deserve it

And if we got fucked I liked it:kiss:

My analysis is complete. The lab monkeys and myself came up with this answer:

Our society demands instant gratification. Hence we have instant coffee, meals (using the term lightly) in a pouch, instant pain relievers (so they claim), games with instant win features, instant chat features, high speed access to the Internet and a 24-7 Kinkos. We want our automobiles to go faster, our kids to grow up quicker and our web sites to load before we blink. We now use express mail, fly on supersonic jets to arrive quicker and carry cell phones so employers can instantly reach us anywhere, any time. We all have one fax number, two phone numbers, and three email addresses.

At the same time, the internet let's us instantly say what's on our minds without any real recourse. So if we want to make idiot mindless statements like "The Official: North America got Fucked Thread" we can do it. Never mind that we didn't have to submit to an editor, never mind that we didn't think our statement through to its completion. Instead we make off the cuff emotional statements that illicit off the cuff emotional responses. This kind of back and forth is a breeding ground for spin off statements. Like a puddle hatching mosquitoes, topics emerge at an exponential rate, until a forum mod either steps in or the mosquitoes all hatch and fly away.

Last but not least:

1. Pop rulz totally!
2. Popmart rawked 'but didn't start so hot
3. North America so totally didn't get screwed
4. We all suck.
5. We all rulz!!!
6. Keane will rulz as an opener
7. The new stage rawks!!!
OMG ROTF LMAO FMITA SKDFJDFSLKFSDSK SDKJSDFKBJSFDKJBKBJIHIYUYIUIVUKVU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
kill.gif

Dalton said:

Greatest.Post.Ever.

If we ever meet, I'm buying you drinks. From where the sun now stands in the sky, we are friends forever.

One day we'll meet, Dalton, be it in this life or the next. If you cannot buy me a drink in some Wrigleyville Bar, perhaps we can share a draught of some Nordic Brew when we both go to Valhalla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom