The official "I give up, I'll settle for ebay thread..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still gonna try for Anaheim, Denver, and the NYC shows. After that it's e-bay all the way.

DON'T! There are lots of people on here like me, who have too many tickets and are willing to sell/trade. I will have some Boston tickets to unload once I find out how many friends are coming with me. So have patience for now. PLEASE!

You're not going to find eBayers selling at face value, but you will find Interferencers.

Don't buy tickets at ridiculously high prices. First, there will soon be tons of U2 fans willing to sell their extras on the fans boards and also on E-Bay (some honest people go for the first bidder thing). Plus, these shows are NOT sold-out. There will be more tickets onsale as we get closer to the show, and probably the day of the show. These tix are often the best ones (including some GAs) because they come for the 'house' pool, i.e. the incredibly high amount of tickets which do NOT go onsale to the public right away.

And worst comes to worst, if you are willing to resort to a scalper, I strongly advise to do it the day of the show, as there will be tons of them, and the prices will go down by the hour. During Elevation, there were scalpers selling GAs at every show, and generally the prices were between 100$ and 150$, which is not that bad. Not to mention there were a few GAs available at the box-office almost every show I went to.

Seriously, DON'T GIVE UP JUST YET.

I bought one GA for the first philly show on ebay. It was $230- not all that bad.

oceane said:
Don't buy tickets at ridiculously high prices. First, there will soon be tons of U2 fans willing to sell their extras on the fans boards and also on E-Bay (some honest people go for the first bidder thing). Plus, these shows are NOT sold-out. There will be more tickets onsale as we get closer to the show, and probably the day of the show. These tix are often the best ones (including some GAs) because they come for the 'house' pool, i.e. the incredibly high amount of tickets which do NOT go onsale to the public right away.

And worst comes to worst, if you are willing to resort to a scalper, I strongly advise to do it the day of the show, as there will be tons of them, and the prices will go down by the hour. During Elevation, there were scalpers selling GAs at every show, and generally the prices were between 100$ and 150$, which is not that bad. Not to mention there were a few GAs available at the box-office almost every show I went to.

Seriously, DON'T GIVE UP JUST YET.

You mean more GA tickets could be added to the Chicago shows?

YES, I swear. I have worked in showbusiness before, and I know many people in the ticketing/publicity business. This is how ALL show work. Plus my experience with U2's last tour, as well as Springsteen last tour confirms this.

Of course no one can garantee that more GAs will be onsale eventually, if there are it might be only a few. This show really is the more wanted tour of the year, plus they have very few U.S/. dates, so that makes everything more difficult. But I really strongly advise you to keep looking, especially one or two weeks before the show (or the day of the show). I think (with experience) that the odds are high on this. Of course it doesn't mean everyone will be able to get GAs, but I can tell you today is NOT the end of this.

NEVER PAY TOP DOLLAR!

If you can't get a GA tix for less than 100 each, forget it. These shows are hard, but they aren't impossible. There are thousands of tickets floating around now, and with enough patience and leg work, you can get a pair of tickets for GA for 200 or less. Paying someone 500 for a pair isn't the answer, and it just adds to the problem as was stated above.

Advice:

DO NOT JUMP ON EBAY AUCTIONS RIGHT NOW

At this time is when people are at their most heated and most spontaneous, if you wait a month or two the dust will settle a bit and prices will level off.

Its absolutely disgusting seeing people asking 200 bucks for a fucking seat in the 200s.

I love this band and I desperately want to fly to Boston to see them, but I WILL NOT pay $400 for 2 fucking GA tickets to the Saturday May 28 show THAT WAS JUST ANNOUNCED this morning WHILE I was on Ticketbastard.com (& hitting redial on my phone constantly!).
Someone pleeeeaaasssssse tell me how the May 26 show AND the just-announced May 28 show are completely sold out of GA & $95 tickets but they have plenty of the $165 ones only 15 minutes after the tix went on sale? Yet ebay has 70 listings of people who will let you have 2 GAs for the bargain price of $400?????? Funny, I remember folks who paid for the $40 U2.com membership having the EXACT SAME problem Tuesday during pre-sale.
This fucking blows because 1) we have no other source for tickets, and 2) I cannot & will not fly 1000 miles on the CHANCE that I MIGHT be able to buy a scalper's tix the night of the show.
It's the perfect ending to my perfect fucking week. :mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Yeah, don't give up. If I'm able to find Philly GA's, I'll be unloading my 2 Chicago GA's to someone here at no more than what it cost me to get them today on ticketmaster.

And let us NOT forget about the 3rd leg which will have more shows than the 1st...just keep that in mind before you sell your soul on eBay.

bonosleftone said:
Advice:

DO NOT JUMP ON EBAY AUCTIONS RIGHT NOW

At this time is when people are at their most heated and most spontaneous, if you wait a month or two the dust will settle a bit and prices will level off.

Its absolutely disgusting seeing people asking 200 bucks for a fucking seat in the 200s.

Amen. Last time scalpers in some markets ended up unloading tickets below FV a couple days before their shows...

as you wish16 said:
Yeah, don't give up. If I'm able to find Philly GA's, I'll be unloading my 2 Chicago GA's to someone here at no more than what it cost me to get them today on ticketmaster.

If that person is me I will love you forever. Even if it's someone else, that's so nice... that's why I love U2 fans, interferencers especially. We carry each other.

please don't give the satisfaction and your money to those F8cking ebay Pr*cks! They don't care about your U2 experience even when they say they are offering a good service to you (k-rider) all they care about is to reach into your pocket and take as much money from you as they can so that later they can laugh at you and enjoy your hard earned money that you paid so much for. Plus must ebay punks don't even have the tickets in their position yet so you may or may not get them and they are breaking ebay policy by selling something they don't have.

If it was me EVEN if it was the last U2 show on earth i would never give the satisfaction to these disgusting loosers!

yes, I'll buy them on Ebay. And I recommend Ebay over brokers, I've bought lots of my concert tickets from fans on there, because the fans don't have overhead, and sometimes their auctions have no reserve and you can get your tickets for not much over face value. It was better on TM this morning for San Diego, not that all of us got any tickets, but at least eventually it went through so we got that red page saying there's no tickets.

as you wish16 said:

I spent a frustrating morning at the local ticketmaster with no success!!! I'm ready to go to ebay...might wait...if you want to get rid of your Chicago GA, I desperately want them!!!

Email brudnrs@new.rr.com

as you wish16 said:
I'd definitely be interested in those tix...or at least one.

atikicat@hotmail.com

ive never been to a u2 concert but i really want to go.... since im in the middle of nowhere, whats the channce of actually getting tickets from ticketmaster.com assuming i am online at 10 am when they go on sale???????????????

as you wish16 said:

I've got two Philly GA's 5/14. I'd be highly interested in a trade -- what are the dates on your GAs?

as you wish16 said:
My 2 are for May 12th in section 312, row 10.

Oh, so not GA's...I already have 300 level tickets for that show, so forgive me for not trading...I really want GA's...

Back
Top Bottom