The "new" heart, how would you like to see the front part of GA set up on this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBonofactor

The Fly
The "new" heart, how would you like to see the front part of GA set up on this tour?

Well I was one of the "not so smart" fans who opted for seats instead of GA for both shows I attended in 2001. Although I'm only 5' 7", it seems like the heart set up was a good way to break up the GA section and allow close-up views for many of the people on the floor. Granted, Bono didn't venture out to the tip of the heart all that often, but it was still a great idea.

What do you think they might try this time around? A traditional B stage that extends straight out a la Zoo TV, or something more innovative like the heart? Seems like the heart was good for crowd control so they might try something similar.

ultrraviolette said:
I just hope there is General Admission! :drool:

i read in @u2 forum a post from someone who works in an arena was confirmed from U2 that there was going to be GA again. Hopefully they will do something similar to the heart.

Since the heart was a design element from the ATYCLB album sleeve, my money's on something with echoes on HTDAAB. Just a wild guess, but how about TWO catwalks extending out from the stage DIAGONALLY (like the double slash)? Maybe even connect them at the tips to form a slanted parallelogram, with audience inside?

Probably be something entirely different, but I might as well post it, so if it happens by some miracle, I look like a damn genius!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :dance: :dance: :dance: I was so lucky to make it into the heart every time I saw the Elevation tour (12!!) The greatest rock and roll experience of my life.
I pray they give us a GA space in front again. They must have loved that energy as well, don't you think??

:ohmy: 12?!?! T-w-e-l-v-e?!?! TWELVE times?!?!? On one tour???? And in the heart each time??? :scream:

I don't know whether to give you a high-five or make a voodoo doll in your likeness & turn it into a pin cushion!!! :wink:

(do you detect the SLIGHTEST hint of jealousy?? :laugh: Sigh....maybe one of these days I can make someone else insanely jealous with MY number of shows seen. 'til then, I remain - green !) :laugh:

Last edited:
ckonanz said:

i read in @u2 forum a post from someone who works in an arena was confirmed from U2 that there was going to be GA again. Hopefully they will do something similar to the heart.

And you're going to take that as gospel until something official is mentioned? GA was touted on Elevation even before the tour dates were announced. Nothing is confirmed as of yet, and besides that theres plenty of other reports that say completely otherwise.

GA is not a definite, I hope it is, but don't count on it until theres official confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom