The last few shows remaining on the Vertigo tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
What is the band left to dealt? Looking over this tour, they've really played a lot of songs that we'd never have suspected, and the biggest one of them all has to be One Tree Hill, An Cat Dubh, The Electric Co...

So as much as I like to be optimistic, I don't think there will be a great big change in the last few sets, we'll most likely see...

Zoo Station
New Year's Day
Until The End Of The World
Love And Peace Or Else
Original Of The Species
Kite
I Will Follow
Bad
The First Time

IDEALY... I'd like to see some songs switched up;

The Electric Co.
Out Of Control
All I Want Is You
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Fast Cars
Yahweh
Gloria
In A Little While

The Vertigo tour end is near, Hawaii holds the hopes of many for an unforgettable setlist.

I'd love to hear The Electric Co., Who's Gonna..., and Fast Cars again, but I can't be greedy. I've heard so many great shows this tour, I should just sit back and enjoy Honolulu.

That said...ULTRAVIOLET!!! ULTRAVIOLET!!! ULTRAVIOLET!!!

Mark

theu2fly said:
Oddly enough, Ultraviolet was rumored to be played on this tour.

No, it wasnt. Some guy posted he heard them snippet it during The Fly during the LA rehearsals. Was completely false.

Electric Co is most likely history for this tour. Dallas basically indicated that.

Zoo Station may appear once, If It doenst show up by the end of Japan III it would seem very unlikely for Hawaii.

Maybe they will dust off Fast Cars for Japan aswell

Blue Room said:

No, it wasnt. Some guy posted he heard them snippet it during The Fly during the LA rehearsals. Was completely false.

Electric Co is most likely history for this tour. Dallas basically indicated that.

Wasn't it snippet during B Day ?

J_NP said:

Wasn't it snippet during B Day ?

It may have been, ask Axver, he will have that kind of detail. But I took the post to imply that the band considered playing the song for the tour during rehearsals or even during the tour. Maybe I misunderstood what was being said in the thread. But Ultraviolet wasnt even on the radar screen at rehearsal or during the tour. Fake Edge posted that it was being worked in the fall of 2004 (turns out before U2 actually even started rehearsing for the full tour) and a fan posted a misquote saying it was snippeted in rehearsals. 1 1/2 years later it turns into, they thought about playing it. Just not true. In fact, Bono has commented that he didnt think they could do it at this stage (would require to much rehearsal). Not sure why though.

I would love it if they played it. Who knows, they are pulling stuff out on the final leg I never thought they would do. So on a future tour, could be possible. But if I was a gambling man (which I'm not). I would put my money on it never being done again full band.

i doubt we will see any "suprises" now, judging by the last date of the elevation tour etc, but we may well see one of the most memorible concerts in U2's history

set for hawai show:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. Until The End Of The World
6. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club (snippet) / Here Comes The Sun (snippet)
7. Angel Of Harlem
8. One Tree Hill
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Bad/ 40 (snippet)
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo

Human Rights
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

ENCORE
17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. Mysterious Ways
20. With Or Without You

21. Saints Are Coming
22. Window In The Skies
23. Kite

if they play my all time favorite u2 song, ultraviolet, at the hawaii show, i will be very very excited, but i wish they had played it at one of the six shows i went to. i did hear pretty much every song i wanted to: bad (jersey where they closed the show with it, unbelievable, bono hit the really high 'wide awake' at the end, blew me away), electric co., gloria (even being sick at the time didn't damper that one), and wild horses.

norsehorse23 said:
if they play my all time favorite u2 song, ultraviolet, at the hawaii show, i will be very very excited, but i wish they had played it at one of the six shows i went to. i did hear pretty much every song i wanted to: bad (jersey where they closed the show with it, unbelievable, bono hit the really high 'wide awake' at the end, blew me away), electric co., gloria (even being sick at the time didn't damper that one), and wild horses.

ultraviolet? no chance
no "new" songs on havaí show...

I'd really like to see '40' close the show in Hawaii... it would just feel so natural.

Well, if we're making predictions, here's mine ...

2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
6. Beautiful Day
7. Angel Of Harlem
8. The First Time
10. Bad
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride
16. One

17. The Fly
18. Mysterious Ways
19. With Or Without You

20. Rockin' In The Free World (with Eddie Vedder)
21. Window In The Skies
22. One Tree Hill
23. 40

Alternatively, LAPOE will be done in its usual spot and the last song will be Bad with a closing snippet of 40.

Axver said:
Well, if we're making predictions, here's mine ...

2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
6. Beautiful Day
7. Angel Of Harlem
8. The First Time
10. Bad
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride
16. One

17. The Fly
18. Mysterious Ways
19. With Or Without You

20. Rockin' In The Free World (with Eddie Vedder)
21. Window In The Skies
22. One Tree Hill
23. 40

Alternatively, LAPOE will be done in its usual spot and the last song will be Bad with a closing snippet of 40.

If Rockin´in the Free World gets played (99% chance, actually), it will be definitely played in PJ´s set.
I hope that Eddie comes in to sing Bad with U2.

djerdap said:

If Rockin´in the Free World gets played (99% chance, actually), it will be definitely played in PJ´s set.
I hope that Eddie comes in to sing Bad with U2.

I was thinking Free World would probably go in PJ's set, but then what would Vedder do with U2? Earlier this tour, it was Ol' Man River, of all things.

Axver said:

I was thinking Free World would probably go in PJ's set, but then what would Vedder do with U2? Earlier this tour, it was Ol' Man River, of all things.

Either Bad (maybe) or A Sort of Homecoming (highly unlikely, although PJ snippeted it two times during the last two tours, maybe, just maybe Bono would come in PJ´s set and sing that with Eddie)...

I hope they surprise us with something.

2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. New Years Day
6. Beautiful Day
7. Angel Of Harlem
8. Walk On
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride
16. One

17. The Fly
18. Mysterious Ways
19. With Or Without You

20. Saints Are Coming
21. Window In The Skies
22. Bad
23. Fast Cars
24. Kite

25. Yahweh
26. 40

It'll be a killer set...one more time with passion!

Back
Top Bottom