The Killers Might Open shows in Europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
From u2.com:

Word is that The Killers and Snow Patrol might be among the acts to support U2 on their European dates.

Apparently nothing is definitely confirmed as yet but the band have been talking both to Snow Patrol and The Killers about playing on some of the stadium shows this summer.

Snow Patrol, whose most recent producer Jacknife Lee also worked with U2 on 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' are being lined up for shows in Brussels, Manchester, Dublin, Berlin and Paris.

Not sure when The Killers might feature - but we'll pass it on as soon as we hear...

(By the way, if you're in the UK or Ireland, 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' is now in the shops and set to chart this weekend. Get your copy now!)
_______

that's some great news, too bad I'm not going to an European shows ....:wink:

Im a big fan of the Killers, what an awesome show that would be, the Killers opening for u2

ARGH!!! why can't this be the case for the USA! I would SOOOOO much rather see those bands...love em!! :(

Anyone heard rumors as to who might open up for 3rd leg in US?

danielle said:
ARGH!!! why can't this be the case for the USA! I would SOOOOO much rather see those bands...love em!! :(

ya i know what u mean. "Kings of Leon" are a good band, but I would love to see the Killers.

yeah, who will they have for the 3rd leg (when they come to Atlanta)? I would sell a kidney on the black market to see either Snow Patrol or especially the Killers open for U2. That's about as close to heaven on Earth as I think we'll ever get.

Lucky spoiled Europeans!:mad: Get Sometimes as a single, and all the good bands!:wink:

If The Killers open for the oslo-concert... In that case I'd be the luckiest girl ever. :D But I'm not getting my hopes up. ;)

I wonder who's going to open at Hampden.

I'd have loved it to have been Snow Patrol or Kings Of Leon....The Killers would be good also!

Here's hoping it's better than the last time and the Cosmic Rough Riders though!:madspit:

The Maestro said:
I wonder who's going to open at Hampden.

I'd have loved it to have been Snow Patrol or Kings Of Leon....The Killers would be good also!

Here's hoping it's better than the last time and the Cosmic Rough Riders though!:madspit:

Amen to that mate :yes: ! There are so many rumours flying around about the support acts at the moment...Scissor Sisters, Kings of Leon, Snow Patrol, the Killers and even Franz Ferdinand are floating around as potential support acts.
With gates opening at 4pm, I wonder how many of the above acts they could squeeze into pre-U2 time? That and the fact that 21st of June is the longest day of the year (and don't think I'll be forgetting that throughout the duration of queueing) could make for one hell of a show!
Another thought...:scratch:is it just me or do Roadies take an eternity to change-over between acts? Maybe its just because my patience has usually withered away to a pittance at that point, but they do seem to milk the whole shuffling on and off stage antics.

What's the chances of Coldplay opening a few of the 3rd leg dates??

The should have a new album out the spring/summer!!

corner said:

the fact that 21st of June is the longest day of the year (and don't think I'll be forgetting that throughout the duration of queueing)

:lol:

See you in the queue:wave:

Personally, I wanted Snow Patrol for Hampden, because I've missed them playing live twice and seen The Killers twice. But it would still be a good show with The Killers or Scissor Sisters.

Last edited:
I wonder why they chose the Kings of Leon? I have never heard of them before. From what I've heard people are not crazy, crazy about them. For $175 a pop we should be getting The Killers or Snow Patrol!!

whitehead said:
What's the chances of Coldplay opening a few of the 3rd leg dates??

The should have a new album out the spring/summer!!

absolutely none, as probably the second biggest band in the world, its almost as unlikely as U2 supporting them.

the killers are the best new band, i've seen them once in california front row, and it was a club that only holded about 200 people, after the show i met them and they are great guys. my favorite new band, if they tour with u2, it couldn't get any better!!!

RademR said:

ya i know what u mean. "Kings of Leon" are a good band, but I would love to see the Killers.

Same here! I've never heard of Kings of Leon till now. But dropped by their site to listen to some of their music and I guess it's alright. Although I'd really love to hear The Killers perform "Mr.Brightside", I really love the opening of that song!

I'm so jealous of Europe... I'm listening to Mr.Brightside right now and hearing this song live before a U2 concert would be HEAVEN!

Back
Top Bottom