The I Will Follow Omission: The Most Surprising Aspect Of This Tour So Far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I, for one, am quite surprised that they haven't played IWF even once yet. I'm all for giving some staples a rest to make way for more non-staples, but they were playing IWF a lot in the fall pre-tour gigs. *shrugs*

I WILL FOLLOW!!

Nah, I'm bored of that song. I'm glad they're not playing it, being honest.

financeguy said:
Nah, I'm bored of that song. I'm glad they're not playing it, being honest.

But I'm not asking if it's a good thing or a bad thing - we all have our own opinions on that - I'm just asking if it's surprising or not. It has nothing to do with whether you like the omission or not.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:

But I'm not asking if it's a good thing or a bad thing - we all have our own opinions on that - I'm just asking if it's surprising or not.

if they are going to play another boy song id like to see them do twilight

that song rocks live

Surprising, yes probably a little as it was a staple of the last tour AFAIK.

as far as i know

it was a staple for the past 2 tours, it was time to drop it

the suprise to me was the songs from Boy, and a pleasant one to boot!

the songs from boy gave me a new appreciation towards that album, im glad they played them as well

Chizip said:
as far as i know

it was a staple for the past 2 tours, it was time to drop it

I'll have to disagree with that, I saw 3 shows on Elevation and not once did they play IWF. I"m pissed they're not playing it this tour, hopefully 3rd leg they'll start playing it again.

how dare you disagree with me :wink:

they played I Will Follow 73 out of 113 Elevation shows

i guess thats right on the border of being a "staple"

i still think its been done to death, twilight or a full verstion stories for boys would be better, imho

I'm surprised (in a very good way!) with AB set. I was sure that Zoo Station :)drool:) will be never played again live. And if that one has appeared, then everything now is possible!

Last edited:
I really liked hearing the Boy stuff, I didn't miss I Will Follow.
BUT. if they dumped the song b/c it was played to death/staple I'd like to see Pride and Streets gone as well. Yes, yes, I know, how could I say that? I think people are starting to get bored with those two.

I was most suprised to hear the Boy songs, especially the Stories for Boys snippet in Vertigo.:shocked:

2nd on my list of most shocking, Zoo Station !! I never thought they'd bring that back. No casual fans know that one, but the U2 geeks (and i mean that in the nicest sense), flipped over it because it was sooo unexpected.:hyper:

Yeah, I didn't think Zoo Station or Running to Stand Still would make a return either. I got worried when it was alternated with UTEOTW a couple of times in the first leg, but then I noticed they rehearsed both in Brussels yesterday, so I'll be delighted if both are played.

This will be my first time seeing U2, and whenever any of us go to see U2, it will always be someones first time seeing them, and it would sadden me to be denied or to want to denied of Streets. Pride isn't as much of an essential in the setlist imo, it'd be good to alternate it.

I WANT MOFO!!! :drool:

I was getting tired of hearing it on Elevation, but the HTDAAB promos made me fall in love with the live version again.

Brooklyn bridge version was amazing, as well as SNL.

It's always a crowd pleaser, and it would be amazing before or after Electric Co.

the most suprising thing was An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart and The Ocean. No one would have guessed that before tour rehearsals started. Never did i think those would be played again.
Electric Co- was a suprise, but not as much as the others.

Back
Top Bottom