The "I don't like Lemon & hope it isn't played" thread, who's with me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RA-D

War Child
anyone?

Sorry to all Lemon fans, Numb too for that matter, but I just don't like this song, it's just not my cup of tea (can you guess where I come from yet?).
U2 have such a fantastic catalogue of songs, I personally don't see this as one of them, there are so many songs I'd rather hear instead. However, I concede that one of the reasons that U2 is so popular is due to their varying styles and 'eras' through the years and this is a good summation of one of them.

Obviously, I know this is a stupid thread, and to be honest, I hope it is merged with every other Lemon thread, as you guys seem to have created about 10 of them by now.

Anyone else?

not if it means losing my spot :eyebrow:

thanks for converging all the other lemon threads mods, my that was quick.

Last edited:
i love the song, but to be honest, i'd rather it not be played, just because i don't feel that it will have the same magic that it had 10+ years ago.

Lemon is the worst U2 song, period. I'd rather hear a 20-minute version of Miami than Lemon. But I don't think we have to worry about it...

CTU2fan said:
Lemon is the worst U2 song, period. I'd rather hear a 20-minute version of Miami than Lemon. But I don't think we have to worry about it...

now come on. you can't be serious.

Lemon is like Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. it's not the best, but it's not the worst.

I don't love that song at all :| I wish they'd replace it with Discotheque

Last edited:
Lemon is a masterpiece. However, it is a studio classic. I don't think it would go over well live these days. You never know what can be conjured up though.:shrug:

there are songs some like and others that some don't. U2 have so many songs in their catalouge and some are going to be pleased and some aren't. It';s the nature of the game. If they play lemon and you're not interest, you can always use that as your que for a bathroom break.

Maybe they could perform it in a diff way to make it better or something. Everyone thought The Fly was dead, then look at how it fared on the Elevation tour after it was revamped.

nuke126 said:

i agree. way ahead of it's time and in my opinion one of the best u2 songs.

Its a brilliant tune and i would love to hear it live this tour! :drool: :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Maybe they could perform it in a diff way to make it better or something. Everyone thought The Fly was dead, then look at how it fared on the Elevation tour after it was revamped.

They did? :huh: well, The Fly is a far superior song anyway... I like Lemon. I would not be upset if they played Lemon. In fact, I would thoroughly enjoy it if U2 played Lemon...but there are many, many other songs I'd rather them play. And a twenty-minute version of Miami would be so fucking awesome and you'd all love it and you know it.

CTU2fan said:

Miami is, unquestionably, the greatest atrocity ever recorded by U2. I am a big defender of Pop, but that track did not belong on U2 b-side, much less the album.

ihavefollowed said:

Miami is, unquestionably, the greatest atrocity ever recorded by U2. I am a big defender of Pop, but that track did not belong on U2 b-side, much less the album.

that's your opinion.
I love miami; it's got BALLS.
I'd take it anyday over that over-rated "mercy" bside everyone is so horny over.

and for the original topic:
there's no way in hell they're gonna play lemon anyways; don't worry yourself.

Re: The "I don't like Lemon & hope it isn't played" thread, who's with me?

RA-D said:
anyone?

Sorry to all Lemon fans, Numb too for that matter, but I just don't like this song, it's just not my cup of tea (can you guess where I come from yet?).
U2 have such a fantastic catalogue of songs, I personally don't see this as one of them, there are so many songs I'd rather hear instead. However, I concede that one of the reasons that U2 is so popular is due to their varying styles and 'eras' through the years and this is a good summation of one of them.

Obviously, I know this is a stupid thread, and to be honest, I hope it is merged with every other Lemon thread, as you guys seem to have created about 10 of them by now.

Anyone else?
Boo, go back to Racesimcentral!!

Wait a minute :eyebrow:

:wink:

Miami is a terrible studio recording however it was one of the best songs live on the Popmart tour....I couldnt believe how many people after the show came up to me and asked me what that song was that were casual U2 fans :)

Anyways I think it would be very nice to hear something like Lemon again it would be a curve ball and I would like to see it. There really wasnt any curveballs last tour in general so I hope this tour they are into throwing some.

mikal said:
i love the song, but to be honest, i'd rather it not be played, just because i don't feel that it will have the same magic that it had 10+ years ago.

you need to remember that some fans were not so blessed as to see zootv. i for one was 17 when i followed popmart and couldn't go when i was 12 to the zoo. needless to say i would die in ecstasy to hear lemon live once in my life, after watching it again and again on my bootlegs until i wore them out!!!!!

Last edited:
mikal said:

now come on. you can't be serious.

Lemon is like Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. it's not the best, but it's not the worst.
+

I FIND THIS ANALOGY TO BE DOWNRIGHT ATROCIOUS!!!! :mad:

Not really angry.... :wink: but I don't really like the song "Lemon", but Mint Chocolate Chip is actually my favorite ice cream. :ohmy: Oh baby.... Dairy Queen opens for the season tomorrow! WOOHOO!!!!!

Anyways, I feel "Lemon" shouldn't have been played live at all, and never should be played live again. If they're going to dip into the back catalog that deeply, why not play something better from Zooropa like "Stay" or ....... yeah.

i hope they go back in time and erase lemon just for making the will of who doesn't like it.
hey it could be fun, if they could go back in time and erase all the songs that anybody don't like.:hmm: maybe not. then they have to erase themselves.
i have an idea, and if we listen to what we like and don't make fuss about what we dont't like but others do?:rolleyes:
i don't like some threads too:banghead: but i don't ask to people not write them...:wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
use the song as a piss break :shrug:

At $50/hr that's an expensive break.

I'd rather they fill it woith something other than unlistenable dreck like Lemon.

Back
Top Bottom