"The I can't wait to see u2 in concert thread"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, when the tour does begin, we should have a "U2 concert virgin's reaction" thread. I'd love to read stories of you guys after having been "baptized."

Whoever it was up above that had that "getting my concert cherry popped at the Who in 1977"..that was a gutsy comparison, ha ha. With U2, you get the best possible lingering orgasm, so how did the Who compare?:)

Considering that The Who are among the Top Five Of All Time greatest live acts in the rock and roll era, as commonly cited by journalists and rock historians (the others being Bruce, U2, the Stones--though I suspect a lot of that was Mick's theater, the Stones don't engage the audience as much as Bruce or U2 do--they've great to watch only--and Janis Joplin) it would be interesting to contrast u2 and the Who. It was Keith Moon's epic percussion solos that fired them live. Keith was the heart and soul of the Who...(I suspect Larry wanted to be the Keith Moon of u2 but then Bono walked into the room...<g>)

Reading your posts is getting ME excited...as I am now in the process of discovering Green Day's "American Idiot" 4 months late, this is a tall order (curious about all the rapturous press, I've bought the disc, I had written off GD like everyone else as a comical punk parody band.)

never seen them before,i cant wait!!!!!! havent got my tickets yet,should be here by may.IM SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool: :heart: :bow: :hyper: :bump: :rockon: :dancing: :crazy: :drunk:

oceane said:

And it's not just for the 'real fans' like us. I think a lot of people go to a U2 show more casually, and come out addicted. I have met tons of people like that.

Like me :lol:

Before the show: I'd always "liked" U2, but in a casual way (I think I only had the greatest hits 1980-1990 and Achtung Baby on CD). I bought tickets to the show because it sounded like fun and it was on a Saturday :).

After the show: Well, look at me now . . . all the CDs, a ton of bootlegs, DVDs, and over 10,00 posts later :reject:

Re: I love Bono!

hcbiggs2002 said:
So to those of you who will be seeing U2 for the first time, don't be surprised if you're a little out of it for the next several weeks after, I know I always am!:combust: But it's a good feeling even though your family and friends might think you've lost the plot!:scratch:

Haha, I've already warned my boyfriend that I'm going to be completely unsatisfied going back to my boring little life after spending a night in the presence of greatness...

Whatever high expectations you have "concert virgins" they will be exceeded by a long ways...and when you are there make sure to make as much noise as possible...crowd participation is the U2 way!

This will be my second U2 gig - I am seeing them on 18 June
at Twickenham near London.
It has been FAR too long since the last time way back in 93
during the Zooropa tour.
love
Heather:):dancing:

Glad you enjoyed my 'cherry' analogy, Teta040. The 'virgins no more' thread idea is great, and I'll certainly let you know how U2 compare with The Who after I see them April 25th in Seattle. Of course, I'm 43 compared to the fifteen I was in '77, and GA is out of the question for me now. Some here say GA is SOOOOO much better than seats, but

I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN.

I am giddy at the thought of seeing them on the Grammy's tomorrow night. I can't even imagine what I am going to be like on May 6. May 7 Chicago:drool: Live and in person..................

Back
Top Bottom