The Cry & Is That All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RPMC

Babyface
Hello,

Somebody can tell me why the beginning (the first 10 seconds) of Is That All (Track 11 from the October album) is equal to the beginning of The Cry? What's the explanation for that?

Has The Cry been edited anytime? Or just played live in some concerts? Does anyone have it without the Electric Co?

I hope you can explain me my doubt.

Thanks from Portugal.

The Cry was the song that came first - its initial live appearance was on 21 November 1980 and it has always been played live with The Electric Co. (as An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart have always been played together). No studio version exists, HOWEVER, during the October sessions when U2 were at a loss for material, they took the music of The Cry, Bono sung different lyrics over it, and they released it as a different song. Is That All? has never been performed live. The Cry was performed from 21 November 1980 to 7 July 1985, and then on this tour.

Axver said:
The Cry was the song that came first - its initial live appearance was on 21 November 1980 and it has always been played live with The Electric Co. (as An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart have always been played together). No studio version exists, HOWEVER, during the October sessions when U2 were at a loss for material, they took the music of The Cry, Bono sung different lyrics over it, and they released it as a different song. Is That All? has never been performed live. The Cry was performed from 21 November 1980 to 7 July 1985, and then on this tour.

:bow: MASTER AXVER

Many thanks for the quick answer, that question was killing me for a while... :) Nice story...

Back
Top Bottom