Tampa Setlist Watch & Party Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
onebloodonelife said:
Me too, but I do agree that it does get old to the hardcore fans, but we know U2, they play for the masses.

They play Vertigo, Elevation, ISHFWILF, Beautiful Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet, Pride, Streets, One, Stuck In A Moment, Mysterious Ways, With Or Without You, et cetera, for the masses.

Now, in my opinion, that's A BIT MUCH!

You know, we really do sound like a bunch of old women quibbling over our husbands sometimes. :lol:

When the hell are they going to play Mofo? This is driving me insane.

rwolins1 said:

I think they play it because it is one of the most iconic songs ever recorded in music history. Could be that, just my opinion.

"ever recorded"
:up:

If your were 17-18 when WOWY was released, you would feel differently about the song.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Larry's wrists must be hurting him...possible reason for acoustic encore...:(

No, that's not true. Even if it were, the acoustic encore doesn't make logical sense. Just think about it - Larry taking a break for his wrists between two breaks? If he really needed a break, it'd be taken during the intensity of the main set.

Axver said:

They play Vertigo, Elevation, ISHFWILF, Beautiful Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet, Pride, Streets, One, Stuck In A Moment, Mysterious Ways, With Or Without You, et cetera, for the masses.

I know, I would love to hear some of the rarities, but I'm saying that U2 doesn't usually play for the hardcore fans, but they do play for the masses who only know their hits.

onebloodonelife said:

but it doesn't need to be played nearly every night

No it doesn't. No song "needs" to be played nearly every night. If it were up to us who go to more than 1 show, we'd have different set lists every night. But how bout the beautiful girl who's been a U2 fan since 1979 and goes to her first show in Tampa tonight. WOWY is her absolute favorite song. And she gets to hear it. Thats awesome!

GibsonGirl said:
You know, we really do sound like a bunch of old women quibbling over our husbands sometimes. :lol:

When the hell are they going to play Mofo? This is driving me insane.

:shifty:

0704b.jpg

Axver said:

They might play those because they like them...

nurse chrissi said:

the Zoo encore is perfect :drool: It translates wonderfully on the DVD
although I was surpised at how moved I was by the version of Yahweh that they have on the DVD - simply beautiful

I still need to buy the DVD. :happy:

I loved the Zoo encore. The acoustic encore makes me sleepy.

trevster2k said:
If your were 17-18 when WOWY was released, you would feel differently about the song.

I'm 20... WOWY was playing on the radio during my first kiss... but i still don't think it sounds good live...

I would rather hear "Kite"... but that's just me...

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Until The End Of The World
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (Snippet)
7. Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (Snippet)
8. Original Of The Species
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Sorrento (Snippet)
10. Love & Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (Snippet)
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (Snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One / Ol' Man River (Snippet)

ENCORE
17. The First Time
18. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
19. With Or Without You

20. All Because Of You

rwolins1 said:

No it doesn't. No song "needs" to be played nearly every night. If it were up to us who go to more than 1 show, we'd have different set lists every night. But how bout the beautiful girl who's been a U2 fan since 1979 and goes to her first show in Tampa tonight. WOWY is her absolute favorite song. And she gets to hear it. Thats awesome!

no doubt about it, when I saw them for the first time this year, i heard WTSHNN, ISHFWILF, SBS, and WOWY and it was amazing, but i can see where other people are coming from as well

trevster2k said:

I don't see what that's got anything to do with whether or not the song's dead weight in the set.

Keep WOWY if they must - just cut out SOME of these hits. There's too many, the casual fan doesn't need to be pandered to like this.

Axver said:

No, that's not true. Even if it were, the acoustic encore doesn't make logical sense. Just think about it - Larry taking a break for his wrists between two breaks? If he really needed a break, it'd be taken during the intensity of the main set.

ok, ok, ok...was just a thought....:huh:

what about the person who's been a fan since 1978 who is terminally ill and this is her one and only concert before she bites the dust and their favorite song is One Tree Hill and she doesn't get to hear it. thats tragic :(

For those who have already seen U2 on the Johnny Cash special, how far into the show until U2 shows up? It's just started here on the West coast.

Back
Top Bottom