T - 1 hr. admission.com (Montreal tix) already overcrowded?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep. that's it. i'm done.

been working on this for over 4 hours now, and i still can't get through to the site.

*throws in towel*

I think those waiting at the outlets actually came out on top this time. I checked at 7AM on admission.com and the site was already "at full capacity" or whatever, so I went to find an outlet. Went to this magazine shop between the Guy metro and the downtown Concordia campus, and was like 33rd in line. A few people had been there since 12am.

The ticket system was slow to respond or at all for the first half hour, but then the line got moving pretty quickly. The folks who did the overnight thing were able to score GA, so good for them, I was able to get a Red level ticket slightly behind the stage for 50 bucks so I am happy anyway.

Keep an eye on EBay, those GA tix will drop in price as the months go by, and you can probably score a seat in the venue for 60-70 bucks.

Good luck.

Well i came up empty for the second show ...glad i was part of the presale for the first show other wise i would be one depressed person right now ...lol
Anyhoo i'm optimistic the show is still many monthes away so you never know :)
Congrats to those of you who got tickets of anykind for both nights consider yourselves very lucky...hhehe :)

I never got on the site. I guess if I ever need anything from Montreal, I'll bring up the website the night before and wait.

neutral said:

' :yikes:

Okay this site must be pretty bad. :der:

Oh yes it is !!!!

And the best about it is that it charges 11 dollars worth of fees for their «services»

Oceane, where did your friend go ? At what outlet ?

If this Admission.com crap system ran the US sales for anything remotely major, much less U2, the uproar over the first presale in the States would have looked like a hippy sit in. Shit would have been burning in the street. How the hell do you run a sale where like 2 people at one time can be in the system? I am exstatic that I picked up what I need in the presale with my code and that of a friend who let me use hers, AND that I got really lucky to get in right when the added date went up.

Admission.com has been owned by Ticketmaster for about five years, so any blame should go to them. Like I said somewhere else, it's all the devil. The devil you know IS the devil you don't.

Oh, and Admission's service charges used to be something like 2.50 a ticket until ticketmaster bought them, upgraded nothing, and upped the price of everything.

The above message is infuriating. I tried in line, on phone and online for both Montreal shows and didn't get near nosebleeds let alone GAs. Now, two people with access to more than 18 GAs for both shows are talking about scratching each others back. It's like having a water balloon fight in front of someone who's dying of dehydration. Sure I'm jealous, but what do expect when you brag so openly about what either amounts to incredible fortune or ruse on your parts.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here... My boyfriend and I have 4 GAs for the first show that we got through the Prop pre-sale... I also tried during the general sale online and on the phone and got nothing for either shows. I thought I would ask Max if he could trade one of his GAs for the second show so I can go to both. I don't think I'm scratching anyone's back here.
There are fans trading with each others all over the place, and there is nothing wrong with that.

As for Max and his friends getting all those tickets, I can see it being a bit frustrating, but all I can think is that he had a large group of people willing to wait in line for a long time, because as I understand the people at the outlets are the ones who got all the tickets. Or they had connections.

They were probably just well organized and it paid off. No reason to be jealous or pissed off... If they're all fans and will have an awesome time together, I'm happy for them!

You have 4 tickets for two people for one show. The people you're giving tickets to are perhaps less "deserving" (although who can ever really make that determination) of tickets. Especially ones that are GA. If primo tickets are earned through determination, than arguably I'm more deserving that anyone who had to undergo 10 minutes of sitting at their computer to open an email, get a password and obtain GAs. Are they better fans because they've paid $40 a year for however long? Apparently so. No matter that some people, such as myself, could not sacrifice that amount of money (it might be peanuts to you, but it's groceries for me). I had a hell of enough time to save money to get myself in a position where I could even afford GAs, let alone reserved seats. There's no way I can pay off a scalper (at least not at what they're asking for).

What I find infuriating is that people are overwhelming demand by buying above what they are already VERY GENEROUSLY (too generously) being allowed to buy hassle free by arranging for trades. Why not give needy fans the tickets for cash instead of overindulging in multiple shows. Sure U2 are the biggest band and a lot of people are disappointed. Disappointment also breeds a lot of people like myself who (probably) unfairly take out our frustrations on good-natured fans like yourself. Is it right? Not really. You're entitled to indulgences. But when I read that someone secured 18 GAs for a show that I worked like hell to try to attend, yeah, I get frustrated. Anyway, I'm sorry to vent. I suppose that if I don't want to get jealous, I shouldn't read posts. I only do so on a wing and a prayer that someone will be selling tickets (at an affordable) that I want to attend as much as anyone else on this board.

while it's too late for these 2 montreal shows, in the future if you're going through admission.com, try their ticket hotlines instead. the numbers are available on the admission.com website. i had many of the same problems that others had with the web, but was able to get through on the phone in about 10 minutes for tix.

Back
Top Bottom