Sydney II Setlist & Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Until The End Of The World
5. New Years Day
6. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)? / Blackbird (snippet)?
Bono speech - said everyone in the family is well
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
8. Stuck In A Moment
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna a Surriento (snippet)
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Father Abraham bit, as usual)
12. Bullet the Blue Sky / Hands That Built America / When Johnny Comes Marching Home
13. Miss Sarajevo
Human Rights
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name

U2FanPeter said:

Would it be harder to actually find a fan that is willing to point a cellphone at the stage for 2 hrs?

lol. you have a point there...
well maybe 2-3 songs could be bearable, but then again you couldn't see a thing, if the "taper" started jumping up 'n' down... :)

U2FanPeter said:

Would it be harder to actually find a fan that is willing to point a cellphone at the stage for 2 hrs?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking - unless they put it around their head or something, it wouldnt work. And even then, if I did that it would bounce up and down every song as I get into the groove :dance:

I have to say it is one thing that i dont understand about concerts - for me they are an experience, and you are there for 2 very special hours. Live it, breathe it - dont record it! Buy the DVD later, or look on Youtube - someone else will have recorded it! Very annoying to have 20 people from you to the stage holidng up mobiles to get real awful video for one minute... I say just soak up the music and the memory is good enough.

The problem with video streaming is getting the video to a computer, which in turn can be streamed to everyone here. I've thought of a few possibilities, but they would all require very specific setups and a lot of work. That's my goal for the next tour.

2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
5. New Years Day
6. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)? / Blackbird (snippet)?
8. Stuck In A Moment
12. Bullet the Blue Sky / Hands That Built America / When Johnny Comes Marching Home
13. Miss Sarajevo
Human Rights
15. Where The Streets Have No Name (Wow x1)
16. One

gorman said:
The problem with video streaming is getting the video to a computer, which in turn can be streamed to everyone here. I've thought of a few possibilities, but they would all require very specific setups and a lot of work. That's my goal for the next tour.

:rockon:

gorman said:

I wonder how pointing a Webcam at a cell phone would look - probably sort of crappy.

I should add that there is one easy way for doing video. Video record each song, and then immediately email it to someone that can put it on YSI or something. With most newer phones, you can multi-task, which makes that possible. That's exactly how I provided the videos during last year's Chicago shows. It's not streaming, but it's certainly more doable.

gorman said:

If the japanese can't figure it out for this tour, then nobody can!!!

gorman said:
I should add that there is one easy way for doing video. Video record each song, and then immediately email it to someone that can put it on YSI or something. With most newer phones, you can multi-task, which makes that possible. That's exactly how I provided the videos during last year's Chicago shows. It's not streaming, but it's certainly more doable.

Someone here had done that and emailed me small clips from one of the NY shows. Then I uploaded!

U2FanPeter said:

If the japanese can't figure it out for this tour, then nobody can!!!

That's probably true :) Although it takes more than just a capable phone. The computer and server side of the process isn't overly simple. Ya never know...

Lila64 said:
how am I gonna last another 1/2 hour :yawn:
I was wondering about that, whether it was staying up late or waking up early.

I just abuse the heck out of my body, and right now it's cooperating and letting me stay up late.

Well, there are these very small Sony Vaio laptops.
Maybe smuggle one of those in.
Do they have a build in webcam?
Then you have video directly on a computer.
And hopefully there is wireless internet available inside the stadium.

LOL

:wink:

2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
5. New Years Day
8. Stuck In A Moment
13. Miss Sarajevo
Human Rights
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

ENCORE:

17. Zoo Station

Back
Top Bottom