Sydney 1 Setlist & Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earnie Shavers

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Not that I ever have anything to do with these, but I just got a text message from the stadium, and apparently Bullet the Blue Sky & Zoo Station were just ringing out over there - so it's high f*cking time this thread appeared.

Leaving work in an hour.

Quite excited.

Bring on Sydney !!!

Does anyone know any news on the sydney show. Changes to setlists or the current state of the line?? I heard there was some very VERY ! enthusiasic sydney folk lining up in the early hours.

Yep - not for a while yet, but I'll be offline soon and just wanted a bit of foreplay. Is that so wrong?

As for news on the Sydney show - only the rather wild (and IMO very far fetched) rumour that Kylie Minogue of all people will be joining them onstage. I think the setlist will be virtually identical to Brisbane, with perhaps the addition of Mysterious Ways which may have been bumped due to curfews up there (the show started half an hour late).

Ha ha ha...yeah, a few people have mentioned wanting to see it in the set list but although I think that it's ok, I don't think it's a total materpiece. Each to their own, as always, but I think if I was asked if I wanted to change a song in Tuesday's set list to accomodate Windows or any other song from the U2 back catalogue, I would definately take something from the latter.

ramblin rose said:

I think half the world has heard it, with the people on this site probably about 500 times a piece. :wink:

According to my numbers

648 millions in the world heard it

4,6 millions without that crappy beginning thing

Earnie Shavers said:
Not that I ever have anything to do with these, but I just got a text message from the stadium, and apparently Bullet the Blue Sky & Zoo Station were just ringing out over there - so it's high f*cking time this thread appeared.

Do we know if that was the band themselves or their crew?

I predict a very similar setlist for Sydney 1....they'll change it up a bit for 2 (Bad??)

I also doubt WITS will show up yet...maybe later.

~A.j.~

fandangamoq said:
I predict a very similar setlist for Sydney 1....they'll change it up a bit for 2 (Bad??)

I also doubt WITS will show up yet...maybe later.

~A.j.~

I agree, I think the setlist will be identical or almost identical to Brisbane. The 2nd Sydney show will be a few changes most likely. IE Stuck In A Moment, and possibly Bad and/or All I Want Is You closing. Now Sydney third night could get interesting. Regardless I think there will be something at least slightly out of the ordinary at Sydney 2 or 3.

Blue Room said:

I agree, I think the setlist will be identical or almost identical to Brisbane. The 2nd Sydney show will be a few changes most likely. IE Stuck In A Moment, and possibly Bad and/or All I Want Is You closing. Now Sydney third night could get interesting. Regardless I think there will be something at least slightly out of the ordinary at Sydney 2 or 3.

I'm guessing that Stuck In A Moment will be incorporated in tonight's set. Hutchence was a Sydneysider, after all.

I also wonder if the didgeridoo player will be travelling with U2 or if that was a one-off for Brisbane. If so, then maybe Kite won't close? It could return to the main set, like at the 05/11 rehearsal that had NYD/Kite/BD.

pepokiss said:
ok.. it's 1 AM here...

what time is there and at what time is the concert?

3pm in Sydney right now. Telstra Stadium's website says U2 take the stage at 8:30pm, so another 5.5 hours.

Ok, so people heard Zoo about 1pm your time. Most likely it wasnt the band then. They are probably arriving about now or arrived fairly recently.

Just heard on local Sydney radio station MMM, that the band left their city hotel about 3pm today. So, who was doing the sound check?

Hokusai said:
So, who was doing the sound check?

It would have been the crew. It's not unusual for them to do the soundcheck.

Just 4-something hours to go! I'm heading out there right now... got seats tonight, so can take me time - ready for the onslaught that is GA tomorrow and Monday. Have a great time, whether you are going or set-list-partying. Look forward to chatting about the show later tonight....

I'm leaving for Sydney now.... :hyper: Absolutely cannot wait!!!

I'm betting they will stick to the same setlist again, which I'd be pretty happy with! I'd LOVE them to play Bad, but I doubt that'll happen!

If they left the hotel at 3, the band will most likely still soundcheck. It was probably the techs just making sure everything worked for when the band themselves did soundcheck. That is not unusual either. Especially for the first show at a new location.

It's 4:40pm Sydney time and there's storms around! I'm in the city and will be heading out to the venue in the next hour or so. Hope the weather stays ok.

Back
Top Bottom