Sydney 1 Setlist & Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to someone's post elsewhere on this forum, I can't help but think of SBS as "Sunday Blooby Sunday" now! :mad: :lol:

U2_Neat said:
i agree, except for Miracle Drug.
edge's solo, and singing are well worth it!

Personally, I feel Miracle Drug never really took off live. The solo should have been more powerful and the final verse more anthemic and climatic. I was let down by it live; I think it is one of the few U2 songs that isn't as good live as in the studio.

Having Coffee in Calif at 2.20 in the morning.. It's 11.30am here and I'm having coffee at work... I have a group of students in front of me doing a testpaper ...
Setlist parties RULE

Rock The Casbah snippet in SBS.

Damn, and I wanted that in Brisbane! I hope I hear it at one of the upcoming shows.

Axver said:
Personally, I feel Miracle Drug never really took off live. The solo should have been more powerful and the final verse more anthemic and climatic. I was let down by it live; I think it is one of the few U2 songs that isn't as good live as in the studio.

you have a point there, about being able to do it better on tour, but let's not forget about the HQ version... a work of art, even though they both screwed up some of the lyrics :)

wtonis said:
Having Coffee in Calif at 2.20 in the morning.. It's 11.30am here and I'm having coffee at work... I have a group of students in front of me doing a testpaper ...
Setlist parties RULE

Setlist parties certainly beat doing a test! :lol:

wtonis said:
Setlist parties RULE

:lol:

who's having coffee? (I don't drink the stuff)

I had Rock The Casbah, a year ago last Thursday :happy:

Setlist:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Walk On
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky

Wow, my first setlist party. So far same as Brisbane. Chances of any changes are looking pretty slim now I would think although if there is going to be one it will be in the encore I'd say.

Personally, I feel Miracle Drug never really took off live. The solo should have been more powerful and the final verse more anthemic and climatic. I was let down by it live; I think it is one of the few U2 songs that isn't as good live as in the studio. [/B]

YEs, it is evident in the Chicago DVD. The crowd is still. Indeed one of the few U2 songs that doesn't improve live. I'd also suggest THe Sweetest Thing and even Even Better Than THe Real Thing.

ok, maybe a bit off topic here, but what else is there to do to kill time::

did Bono or Edge appear at the Pearl Jam concert?

I got this message from Contact music they joined up after the gig, celebrating th eUS election result, so I was wondering..

celticbhoy said:
bullet is next surprisingly , just got a call from a friend there

If your friend stays on the line long enough, can you confirm When Johnny Comes Marching Home and The Hands That Built America snippets? I don't know if liamcool intends on texting all snippets to me, and I don't want to include a snippet unless I know for sure that it was done.

celticbhoy said:
Bullet is such a strong song , probably u2's best live song that never made it as a single !!

But is it appreciated? When has it not appeared live since its release? It gets played more that Found and WOWY! From my experience, fans comment on it less than other songs. Are we too used to it now?

Maquaman said:
Chances of any changes are looking pretty slim now I would think although if there is going to be one it will be in the encore I'd say.

I'm remaining confident that Stuck In A Moment will show up somewhere.

The Lalat said:

YEs, it is evident in the Chicago DVD. The crowd is still. Indeed one of the few U2 songs that doesn't improve live. I'd also suggest THe Sweetest Thing and even Even Better Than THe Real Thing.

I actually think some performances of EBTTRT quite improve on the studio version, notably 1993-08-28, Dublin.

Pride, with the exclusion of some UF and Vertigo Tour performances, is dreadful live.

greety said:
ok, maybe a bit off topic here, but what else is there to do to kill time::

did Bono or Edge appear at the Pearl Jam concert?

Not to my knowledge.

a friend of mine there says that also if the setlist is the same of brisbane the is better than the first

Bono's amazing

Setlist:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Walk On
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
--- Human Rights segment ---

celticbhoy said:
sorry axver , was only on for 30seconds......

Not to worry, Liam did text me. :)

The Lalat said:

But is it appreciated? When has it not appeared live since its release? It gets played more that Found and WOWY! From my experience, fans comment on it less than other songs. Are we too used to it now?

Funny you should say that. I've actually come to enjoy it more and more as the years have gone by. In the early days it was just another song in the show but now I actually look forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom