switching instruments on "40"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike P

Acrobat
Hey all,

Are Adam and Edge still switching instruments on 40 like they did way back when? 'Cause that would rock. Hard.

You can't really tell these things from the bootlegs :wink:

-Mike

That was FAST.

Ok...well, #4 on the "things to see before I die" list? Check.

Counting the days 'till may 24th.

8rattoon said:
Can Adam really deliver the goods on guitar?

I dunno if it was just because I was in the bleeders, but at times I couldn't really make out Adam's playing, but when I did, it sounded good. Those echoey sounds Edge does so well, a few times Adam made some guitar sounds kinda like that.

They have long switched instruments for 40. I'd like to know why. It doesn't seem like a bassline too complicated for Adam, and the guitar sure as heck isn't too much for the Edge to manhandle.

Macfistowannabe said:
They have long switched instruments for 40. I'd like to know why. It doesn't seem like a bassline too complicated for Adam, and the guitar sure as heck isn't too much for the Edge to manhandle.

Because Edge recorded the bass line in the studio and they kept it that way live.

I just watched the video of San Diego opening night and I can confirm Adam and Edge both swap positions and instruments, and reports say they've done so at every other show too. After all, it's tradition. 40 just wouldn't seem right any other way.

Back
Top Bottom