Streaming Tonight's DC Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gorman

Refugee
I've been wanting to try this for a while, and tonight it will finally happen! I'll be streaming live audio from tonight's show in Washington, DC!

Ramblin rose offered to call me for the entirety of the show, which will serve as the audio source for the stream. We have done a bit of testing, and I think this will work pretty well. The audio quality won't be amazing, but it should make the (live!) setlist parties a little more fun :)

We're going to do a test run when the opening act is on, which will also be the same time I'll open the stream for everyone to connect to. It will be limited to 64 people, so make sure to get on early! I'll post the stream details in this thread (and in the setlist party thread) when the time comes.

Thanks a ton to ramblin rose! This should be pretty cool :)

Greetings Gorman! Ramblinrose was gonna text me and did tell me about this possibility. Can't wait to see if it works. Please make sure I'm included!!! (Kick out the riff raff if necesarry :laugh:

Maybe a stupid question, but isn't it gonna be terribly expensive to call you for the entire show?

U2Man said:
Maybe a stupid question, but isn't it gonna be terribly expensive to call you for the entire show?

free nights and weekends baby

Hey wait! Have you guys considered that Ramblinrose has actually agreed to take a great risk here? Bono has started doing nasty things to people with phones :yikes:

U2Man said:
Hey wait! Have you guys considered that Ramblinrose has actually agreed to take a great risk here? Bono has started doing nasty things to people with phones :yikes:

She's not in GA tonite...

Queen Bee said:
Wait, so ramblinrose is going to text setlist updates to Lila even though she'll be streaming the show to Gorman? I'm confused :confused:

Noooooooooo. She was going to if this didn't work out. And I'm guessing that if it doesn't work out, she will text. That was the plan as I was told :shifty:

If people start dropping their email addresses going could I get them too?! I am coming after you with a baseball bat Chip...

:grumpy:

And good luck guys! :hyper:

gorman said:
I've been wanting to try this for a while, and tonight it will finally happen! I'll be streaming live audio from tonight's show in Washington, DC!

Ramblin rose offered to call me for the entirety of the show, which will serve as the audio source for the stream. We have done a bit of testing, and I think this will work pretty well. The audio quality won't be amazing, but it should make the (live!) setlist parties a little more fun :)

We're going to do a test run when the opening act is on, which will also be the same time I'll open the stream for everyone to connect to. It will be limited to 64 people, so make sure to get on early! I'll post the stream details in this thread (and in the setlist party thread) when the time comes.

Thanks a ton to ramblin rose! This should be pretty cool :)

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

:combust:

:faint:

:applaud: and :bow: for gorman and ramblin rose!

Pretty cool is an BIG understatement.

It would be simply amazing!!!

Too bad that I'll be missing out on it all.
Because I'll still be at work when the party/show starts.
All I hope for is to make it back home in time for the encores.

If this is going to work, I'm going to be extremely happy for all of you that will be listening to the live stream.

Once again, gorman and ramblin rose, you :rockon:

This sounds great. Thanks Gorman and Rose!

Unfortunately, I won't be home until after the show starts so I'll just have to read about the results. I hope it works and we can do it again on future shows. Good luck!

wow, cool! I won't be one of the 64 people since I'll be meeting fellow fans to plan our next round of concerts...but that's awesome you guys can do this!

gabrielvox said:
Might I respectfully suggest...that she/you (not sure who is who) stand in the soundboard position on the floor? You will get best results that way, pretty sure of it...

Well, you can respectfully suggest, but she does not have GA tickets for tonight...

u2wedge said:
why don't we have a lottery to determine who gets to listen!

(wait)... bad idea. :wink:

:hmm:

And if you get scanned into the Ellipse you get to take Ramblin Rose out for dinner... :wink:

Not a bad deal at all.

Back
Top Bottom