strange stage setup Amsterdam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
36sxzmu79xf7y.jpeg

Watch this! Isn't this strange? That black curtain behind the stage...A DVD shoot maybe? :)

phommel said:
36sxzmu79xf7y.jpeg

Watch this! Isn't this strange? That black curtain behind the stage...A DVD shoot maybe? :)

Certainly a DVD shoot, I can almost see Zwervers2's banner already :wink:. Where did you find the picture?

Would that curtain need to be custom made?

I know the one in Vancouver's GM Place hockey arena cost them $100,000 - when the venue needs it for concerts.

This one is MUCH bigger.

U2FP

bathiu said:
Are those things on pictures #5 and 10 some cameras?... or just lights?

if this isn't a dvd setup I don't know what is...man I am soooooooo depressed...My girlfriend just took the plane to Rome...2 months for her job!

I CAN FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL:sad:

zwervers2 said:

if this isn't a dvd setup I don't know what is...man I am soooooooo depressed...My girlfriend just took the plane to Rome...2 months for her job!

I CAN FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL:sad:

I understand that you are sad about your girlfriend, leaving, 2 months - that's hard..., but don't be sad about the DVD-shoot! This means that there actually is a chance that some of the rarities and the underplayed new songs have a chance of getting to the DVD. If they shot in Milan we could be certain that we would get a double standard set.....

U2Man said:

I understand that you are sad about your girlfriend, leaving, 2 months - that's hard..., but don't be sad about the DVD-shoot! This means that there actually is a chance that some of the rarities and the underplayed new songs have a chance of getting to the DVD. If they shot in Milan we could be certain that we would get a double standard set.....

I am not sad about the dvd shoot..I just hope they mix it up a little bit and totally rule the comming three concerts.

:wink:

Definitely a dvd shoot, there's no way they'd bother putting the effort in if it wasn't..

What about camera positions.. Ive never been to a conecrt that's been filmed, so doen't anyone know if they build them up especially as well?

The concert will be great, zwervers!!!

And Rome is not that far, 1.5-hour flight, surely you'll be able to visit eachother a few times?

the soul waits said:
The concert will be great, zwervers!!!

And Rome is not that far, 1.5-hour flight, surely you'll be able to visit eachother a few times?

well the point is: she actually isn't in Rome but in a very small place 50 km below. no bus, no train nothing...she is the female kickass version of indiana jones and problably the most beautiful real archeoligist in the world haha....the first couple of days are a killer just when you get used to the idea her plane lands in Amsterdam again and I have great things to look forward to: U2, some festivals, lot;s of getogethers with long lost friends, the recordingsessions for the dutch record of the year(....:wink: )

the soul waits said:

I can speak from experience when I say such visits would be nice, but won't take away the pain.

I've been away from my girlfriend for only a week and it feels like a fucking lifetime. I don't know how the hell I'm meant to last the next five months (and that's the earliest I may be able to fly and see her). I'm thirty hours and over two thousand fucking dollars away by plane.

Excuse the language, please.

Zwervers, I share your pain. All the best, mate. Just think that you're going to be bloody happy in two months.

Axver said:

I can speak from experience when I say such visits would be nice, but won't take away the pain.

I've been away from my girlfriend for only a week and it feels like a fucking lifetime. I don't know how the hell I'm meant to last the next five months (and that's the earliest I may be able to fly and see her). I'm thirty hours and over two thousand fucking dollars away by plane.

Zwervers, I share your pain. All the best, mate. Just think that you're going to be bloody happy in two months.

:up: take care!!

Axver said:

A two hour-flight at 100 euros is a totally different ballgame than your situation, obviously.

the soul waits said:

A two hour-flight at 100 euros is a totally different ballgame than your situation, obviously.

Yeah that sucks big time. I'm a bit used to the situation..this has been the standard since 3 years but I don't like it one bit:wink:

:hug: Zwervers2 & Axver

(All boys hugging together.....:ohmy:):wink:

I understand what ur going thru guys. I last saw my gf 2 wks ago, and have thought of nothing else every day since. Thankfully, in 18 days time, she's coming over again and for a longer visit this time.

So hang in there guys, and like u said Axver, just think of how happy ur gonna be when the moment u look into her eyes after all that time comes again....:up:

The black curtain is mostly used when the stadium is hired for conferences and other events (Bollywood Awards and stuff)

Seems like a DVD setup.

Aardvark747 said:

I understand what ur going thru guys. I last saw my gf 2 wks ago, and have thought of nothing else every day since. Thankfully, in 18 days time, she's coming over again and for a longer visit this time.

So hang in there guys, and like u said Axver, just think of how happy ur gonna be when the moment u look into her eyes after all that time comes again....:up:

Aardvark:rockon:

Aardvark747 said:

I really like the fact that sometimes you can share a story here without being too specific and still get some nice reactions...It really helps me get through the day...U2 will soon arrive in Holland!!

NOW BRING ON THIS FUCKING CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

zwervers2 said:

I really like the fact that sometimes you can share a story here without being too specific and still get some nice reactions...

Indeed. Although I think I forgot that I was posting in the General Tour forum and NOT Zoo Confessionals just now!:ohmy: :wink:

Aardvark747 said:

Indeed. Although I think I forgot that I was posting in the General Tour forum and NOT Zoo Confessionals just now!:ohmy: :wink:

the last time I "posted"on there was in 1993 in a stadium ! :wink:

Aardvark747 said:

:ohmy: :hug:

Five months can't go by fast enough. I've seriously been so depressed the last week. I just keep thinking and thinking that in a year and a half, we're going to be together for good. It's what's getting me through the day.

I'm also managing to pace my life by U2 setlist parties. Having something to look forward to is SO valuable.

Axver said:

:ohmy: :hug:

Five months can't go by fast enough. I've seriously been so depressed the last week. I just keep thinking and thinking that in a year and a half, we're going to be together for good. It's what's getting me through the day.

I'm also managing to pace my life by U2 setlist parties. Having something to look forward to is SO valuable.

Love can give a mountain to climb
to give a beautiful view of life
for while your tender voice blessed me last night
I shall miss the moments when you sigh
and lay your heart to rest in mine
and grace my soul with passion blind..

just a thought I had a minute ago...oh man I'm gone
:huh:

zwervers2 said:

Love can give a mountain to climb
to give a beautiful view of life
for while your tender voice blessed me last night
I shall miss the moments when you sigh
and lay your heart to rest in mine
and grace my soul with passion blind..

just a thought I had a minute ago...oh man I'm gone
:huh:

I hope a woman posts here soon....else all this looks pretty weird, between us 3!:uhoh:

Aardvark747 said:

I hope a woman posts here soon....else all this looks pretty weird, between us 3!:uhoh:

I was actually just gonna post:

Night and day
You are the one
Only you beneath the moon and under the sun
Whether near to me or far
It's no matter, baby, where you are
I think of you
Night and day
Day and night
Why is it so
That this longing for you follows wherever I go
In the roaring traffic's boom