strange stage setup Amsterdam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soulrock2 said:
Rumor: U2 has demanded to open the roof due to bad accoustics with the roof closed.

Why oh why did they choose to play that crappy stadium???

It has a black curtain? :hmm:

Soulrock2 said:
Rumor: U2 has demanded to open the roof due to bad accoustics with the roof closed.

Every large stadium with a roof has crappy acoustics... Schalke Arena (Gelsenkirchen) has a roof too, but no problems there... I'm betting it's just a rumour... In Amsterdam the roof is always closed with concerts...

By the way; The bad isn't even in Holland jet... How can they judge the acoustics while they haven't even been there...

Soulrock2 said:

I told you so...the stadium sounds i crap..they should have played in rotterdam..anyway I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neilz said:

Every large stadium with a roof has crappy acoustics... Schalke Arena (Gelsenkirchen) has a roof too, but no problems there... I'm betting it's just a rumour... In Amsterdam the roof is always closed with concerts...

By the way; The bad isn't even in Holland jet... How can they judge the acoustics while they haven't even been there...

the people have soundchecked for them I quess..I really hope they play with the roof open...people with GA have great sound...esecially the people at the higher rings will have a little problem maybe..

Neilz said:

Haha, good point! But their sound crew might be there, though...

Neilz said:

U2´s crew soundchecked already. That's a smart thing to do, as you wrote yourself the band is arriving much too late to do a proper soundcheck themselves...

shit on a stick if that useless dork hamish gets to do this dvd . fuckina why oh why does bono rate him, his cam work on slane and boston just wasnt up to scratch, endless flipping through the whole 14 cams and then starting over again. I could do better or that dude from R&H

Aardvark747 said:

Thank goodness...:wink:

Hey Dutch, arent you going to any of the gigs on ur home soil then?

Yeah, I am. I really wanted to go on my birthday (today), but I couldn't get today off. I'm leaving for Amsterdam tomorrow and will be at the Friday show. I'm so looking forward to it! :rockon:

Headache said:
shit on a stick if that useless dork hamish gets to do this dvd . fuckina why oh why does bono rate him, his cam work on slane and boston just wasnt up to scratch, endless flipping through the whole 14 cams and then starting over again. I could do better or that dude from R&H

fuckina? oh hahaha...not a big fan of the man myself but anyway I CAN'T WAIT

songs to be filmed(if played of course)

New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Gloria
Elec co
Yahweh
City of blinding lights

zwervers2 said:
songs to be filmed(if played of course)

New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Gloria
Elec co
Yahweh
City of blinding lights

Bono will beat you up on the second and third night if you post this...."Are you trying to rooooiiijn my Amsterdam-DVD-surprise release, you punk?"

:hmm: How come nobody has asked for Vertigo?

U2Man said:

Bono will beat you up on the second and third night if you post this...."Are you trying to rooooiiijn my Amsterdam-DVD-surprise release, you punk?"

:hmm: How come nobody has asked for Vertigo?

:wink:

I'm planning on filming:
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Gloria
Elec co
Yahweh
City of blinding lights
Zoostation
Fly
LAPOE
Vertigo (encore)

DVD huh?

I wouldn't mind that...

Wonder if U2 is making like a DVD with various live clips?

No soundcheck from the band members. That means they won't see and "test" the stadium before the actual gig. That means NO shoot tonight. There's no preparation at all. No warning signs in the stadium that your image can be used for a DVD.

Please stop the nonsense about DVD shoot in A'dam. At least for today. :wink:

I just read that they have put extra tickets for tonights gig on sale. They found out that the stage is a bit smaller than they thought, so there are about 750 extra tickets on sale at the Arena tonight and at ticket outlets in the Netherlands.

Soulrock2 said:
No soundcheck from the band members. That means they won't see and "test" the stadium before the actual gig. That means NO shoot tonight. There's no preparation at all. No warning signs in the stadium that your image can be used for a DVD.

Please stop the nonsense about DVD shoot in A'dam. At least for today. :wink:
At the Forty Licks gig if the Stones in the Amsterdam Arena there were no signs either, but still they filmed and released the shows! So that is no reason why they shouldn't film...

Then the first show would néver been used for the DVD! The first (specially because there are 3) would be used as a rehearsal for the filmcrew (angles, moves and direction)...

That's to f.ck the scalpers. The stage thing is a nice excuse but not really true. Nevermind, good news for people that want to go but don't have tix. :wink:

Neilz said:

At the Forty Licks gig if the Stones in the Amsterdam Arena there were no signs either, but still they filmed and released the shows! So that is no reason why they shouldn't film...

Then the first show would néver been used for the DVD! The first (specially because there are 3) would be used as a rehearsal for the filmcrew (angles, moves and direction)...

Did you read my last sentence? No shoot TODAY.
People on the GA inside the arena don't see extra cameras. Enough said.

P.S. If they film the other two nights that would mean almost no setlist changes in three nights... :ohmy:

Soulrock2 said:

People on the GA inside the arena don't see extra cameras. Enough said.
If people inside don't see any extra camera's indeed, then there will be no DVD shoot at all during ANY of the Amsterdam gigs... Normally the first gig is a rehearsal, so all camera's should be in place...

I agree, though there were no camera's in Dublin the 24th, yet there were some (not full production as we all know) on the 25th.
They could test 'the vibe' today, like in Chicago, and decide to film the other two nights (like Chicago). They could do some production preparation Thursday.

Why am I writing this? :huh:
All my sources close to the band management told me the band will shoot in Milan LOL.

maybe this is simply an experiment - putting a black background behind the display should maximise the lighting effects earlier in the gig?

Soulrock2 said:
I agree, though there were no camera's in Dublin the 24th, yet there were some (not full production as we all know) on the 25th.
They could test 'the vibe' today, like in Chicago, and decide to film the other two nights (like Chicago). They could do some production preparation Thursday.

Why am I writing this? :huh:
All my sources close to the band management told me the band will shoot in Milan LOL.
Ah.. Everyone has his sources.. Some people said they already filmed Paris while others claim that Dublin will make the DVD..

Point is that Amsterdam (aside from what everybody 'hears') would be the perfect city to do this... Nice crowd, black backdrop, closed roof, 3 gigs...

Your point is only your opinion. My opinion: ugly stadium, not a good natural vibe and small compared to the other stadiums being used. That's the major point why I think they should NOT film in Amsterdam.

BTW I'm not bragging about my sources. It's just weird people are assuming things like you do based on a backdrop, closed roof and a 3-nights-in-a-row option. The crowd is nice but not better than many others in Europe IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom