Stones stage compared to Vertigo Stage...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm...that'd be something!!! Though, I don't see how they really could. Aren't people going to be standing in there? Those On Stage Boxes that they sold?? "Hang on tight, folks!"

I like the stage. Can't wait until the show is happening to see how it looks like! Their stages are always awsome! It's going to be a kick ass tour!
Rock the fuck on! :rockon:

TheBrazilianFly said:
I like the stage. Can't wait until the show is happening to see how it looks like! Their stages are always awsome!

I agree! The stage looks awesome. Minus the lips, but that's their tradmark.
The Stones have always been cutting edge. I doubt they are in competition with U2.
There is always room for more rock& roll in the world, and come on....no one is cooler than the Stones.

U2, best band, Stones coolest. IMHO of course.

The stage is stupid,where do they sing from,is it left of the car park and beside the lotus or turn right as bono takes your money as you leave your mini with larry who clean's away to the word's of fast car's

nativeson said:
that tounge has got spinal tap written all over it!

Maybe, but Popmart did too. Hell, the band even got stuck inside the giant lemon for half an hour at one of the shows, which was a scene right out of the Spinal Tap movie.

Axver said:

That mouth and tongue is easily one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. And it looks even more like a car park than it did in the last picture!

that's the rolling stones logo dum arss lol:wink:

well its official rolling stones have a better stage than U2!!
do you think they are jealous(u2)

starvinmarvin said:

Maybe, but Popmart did too. Hell, the band even got stuck inside the giant lemon for half an hour at one of the shows, which was a scene right out of the Spinal Tap movie.

thats why edge keeps on mentioning spinal tap in ever interview!! haha that was so funny!!

wanna have a Stones setlist party? :wink:

set so far, incase anyone is interested:
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
Beast Of Burden

:up:

Exciting! I have never seen the Stones live, but grew up with their music. "I Can't Get No Satifaction" has to be the greatest rock song of my generation(baby boomer here).
Anyway, don't count them out because of age. That is just crazy!

sami0201 said:
wanna have a Stones setlist party? :wink:

set so far, incase anyone is interested:
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Rough Justice
Back Of My Hand
Beast Of Burden

:up:
[/QUOTE

Thanks,sami! Interested to see how many songs they perform. The adrenalin must be pumping!

Hell ya, let's ahve a Stones setlist party. At least their setlist parties will be more interesting than U2's seeing that they actually VARY their setlists and throw in a lot of surprises.

Here's a couple of pics from the show tonight, with the stage all lit, looks a little better although I'm still getting the car park vibe from it too :laugh: :

StonesStageLit.jpg

You can see the people with the pricey stage seats in the upper right hand corner here:

StonesStageLitPeople.jpg

Check out the background in this pic...

they were going to let 400 fans 'on stage' during the show... those octopus arms are where they are all standing...

capt.mawt10608220138.rolling_stones_mawt106.jpg

Pop Artist said:
Here's a couple of pics from the show tonight, with the stage all lit, looks a little better although I'm still getting the car park vibe from it too :laugh: :

StonesStageLit.jpg

You can see the people with the pricey stage seats in the upper right hand corner here:

StonesStageLitPeople.jpg

we posted that at EXACTLY the same time... cool!

so get this.. I'm reading a few posts over on the Stones fan forum re: the setlist and these are what I read:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poplar wrote:

don't think they'll make it to 22.
quick show.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, actually the setlist is a little disappointing only in that it was predictable based on Friday night.

Quote:

The setlist is a fucking joke

Quote:

horrible setlist, folks. no other way around it. If I'd have paid $450 for this, I'd have asked for my money back. No imagination, no daringness, just a safe comfortable stroll through the warhorses, pretty much. Wow...

----------------------------------------------------

Not much different from THIS place! See, it's all the same wherever you go.

To me most of that stage seems to be useless in setup other then the sheer size of it how much of the stage do they actually use? The difference between U2 being spinal tap and The Rolling Stones being spinal tap is that the concept of the Popmart tour was to be exactly that.....but the Rolling Stones are also charging about 400 dollars a ticket so I guess they can afford extravogence for the sake of it.

Well, U2 will be in Toronto the week prior to their 3rd leg to rehearse.

The Stones did the same thing leading up to their Boston gig, and they played at this place..... FOR 10 BUCKS!!!

Wonder if they'll play this place in Toronto?

phoenix_to1.jpg

I think the stage is a little scary and Keith Richards looks a lot scary. That big screen in the middle of it might be kindof cool. I'm a little bit 'visually impaired', and I couldn't see really well at the first U2 show I went to this year. (Ofcourse, I had crappy seats.) I wanted to watch the band, not the screens, but couldn't always see them that well.

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rockin
3. Shattered
4. Tumlin' Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back Of My Hand
7. Beast Of Burden
8. She's So Cold
9. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Heartbreaker
10. Night Time

Intros

11. The Worst (Keith)
12. Infamy (Keith)
13. Miss You

B-Stage moves out of mainstage

14. Oh No, Not You Again
15. Satisfaction
16. Honky Tonk Women

Back to mainstage

17. Out Of Control
18. Sympathy For The Devil
19. Jumpin Jack Flash
20. Brown Sugar

Encore

21. You Can't Always Get What You Want
22. Its Only Rock n Roll

u2wedge said:
Check out the background in this pic...

they were going to let 400 fans 'on stage' during the show... those octopus arms are where they are all standing...

capt.mawt10608220138.rolling_stones_mawt106.jpg
Fuck yeah!!! Go Keith!!! :rockon:

mabel said:
1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rockin
3. Shattered
4. Tumlin' Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back Of My Hand
7. Beast Of Burden
8. She's So Cold
9. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Heartbreaker
10. Night Time

Intros

11. The Worst (Keith)
12. Infamy (Keith)
13. Miss You

B-Stage moves out of mainstage

14. Oh No, Not You Again
15. Satisfaction
16. Honky Tonk Women

Back to mainstage

17. Out Of Control
18. Sympathy For The Devil
19. Jumpin Jack Flash
20. Brown Sugar

Encore

21. You Can't Always Get What You Want
22. Its Only Rock n Roll
I love the set list! Out Of Control, She's So Cold, Shattared and Heartbreaker are back!!! Woohoo!!! :rockon: How can someone complain about that?!?!?! I'm glad they're playing Beast Of Burden, I fucking love that song!!! Can't wait to listen to Rough Justice live!!!!

Ifeelnumb84 said:
The Boston news is reporting that a women fell 40 feet during the concert and was taken to a hospital.

:ohmy:

Sunday, August 21, 2005 10:45 PM

Fan injured in fall at Rolling Stones concert

(Boston - AP) — A woman attending the Rolling Stones' concert at Fenway Park tonight is seriously injured.

According to broadcast reports, the woman climbed to an upper deck at the park before falling at least 30 feet to the area below the deck.

She was taken by ambulance to Beth Israel Hospital.

Police and fire officials did not immediately have any details.

Back
Top Bottom